Westerdam Upsell Fairy Visited

cruisevers

Just received a visit from the upsell fairy for our Alaska cruise! We were originally booked on a SY gty and were offered an upsell to a Neptune for $399pp.

When we booked originally we dearly wanted to book an aft wrap but just couldn't justify the major difference in price, over $1000pp at the time. In fact we were going to book a regular veranda but since at the time HAL had a special going on suites which included obc, soda cards and a wine package we splurged on the signature suite. And we also kept all our extras with this upgrade!

I know that possibly we could have held out for a better offer, that may or may not happen, but we didn't want to chance it that an aft wrap would still be available. We had set our parameters on what we would spend if we had an offer and this was within that amount. Had it been for a Neptune other than an aft wrap we would not have taken it for this price.

On our first cruise to Alaska we had a regular aft balcony and loved it but by chance got to look at one of the aft wraps and my hubby fell in love with it and has wanted one ever since, so the visit today made his wish come true! How appropriate that it is for our second visit to Alaska.

I have garnered so much info from this board that I had to post to give others information that may help them. Thank you all so much.

Just wanted to add, since we were sy gty I have been watching the activity of the signature suites and almost as soon as I upgraded, a signature suite that hasn't been available popped up as available. Can't help but think that was the one they were holding for us. So maybe the gty's are already accounted for when available cabins show in the booking process?

Edited by cruisevers
added info

Just received a visit from the upsell fairy for our Alaska cruise! We were originally booked on a SY gty and were offered an upsell to a Neptune for $399pp.

When we booked originally we dearly wanted to book an aft wrap but just couldn't justify the major difference in price, over $1000pp at the time. In fact we were going to book a regular veranda but since at the time HAL had a special going on suites which included obc, soda cards and a wine package we splurged on the signature suite. And we also kept all our extras with this upgrade!

I know that possibly we could have held out for a better offer, that may or may not happen, but we didn't want to chance it that an aft wrap would still be available. We had set our parameters on what we would spend if we had an offer and this was within that amount. Had it been for a Neptune other than an aft wrap we would not have taken it for this price.

On our first cruise to Alaska we had a regular aft balcony and loved it but by chance got to look at one of the aft wraps and my hubby fell in love with it and has wanted one ever since, so the visit today made his wish come true! How appropriate that it is for our second visit to Alaska.

I have garnered so much info from this board that I had to post to give others information that may help them. Thank you all so much.

Just wanted to add, since we were sy gty I have been watching the activity of the signature suites and almost as soon as I upgraded, a signature suite that hasn't been available popped up as available. Can't help but think that was the one they were holding for us. So maybe the gty's are already accounted for when available cabins show in the booking process?

Congrats! What is the date of your sailing?

Hi

I have a question about upsells 😊

I now wrote so much about it ...

We will be on the Statendam on the 18th of May. We originally booked a guarantee Vista Suite and also got the Promo with wine Package, 300$ OBC and Soda Card.

Two Weeks ago the price for our cruise dropped and we asked HAL if there is anything possible... B category Vista suites have the same price now we paied, so Hal was so kind we know could choose one of the left cabins. But this is an upgrade not an upsell - Right ?

The Statendam has not that much NS Suites but there are still 3 available...

Does anybody has the opportunity to get an upsell offer? We are from Germany and not from the US and it is only our Second cruise with HAL 😳

Thanks

Janine

Congratulations on your upsell. Having your husband be so happy with an aft wrap is well worth it. (my hubby doesn't like aft cabins at all). I particularly like breakfast in the Pinnacle when you are in a Neptune suite. (and the laundry being included doesn't hurt either!)

Make sure you post your review and photos when you return please-would love to read and see how you enjoyed it. Have an awesome time. :)

Thank you all! I think I will be more excited when I get over the sticker shock of this trip! LOL

No truly we are very excited and can't wait. I can't believe we got the one cabin we would have picked.

That was lucky! Those aft-wraps go quickly and the best ones normally never make it to the upsell process.

We actually got the deck 5 aft wrap! Perfect for Alaska!

IMHO 5190 and 5191 are the GREATEST cabins on the ship. You can easily fit 30 or 40 on the balcony and it's completely covered! 5190 is "our" cabin on the Vistas- like IRLJoanie we call 5190 our "penthouse".

You were very lucky- those two usually go very quickly because of the balcony. Enjoy!!!!!

IMHO 5190 and 5191 are the GREATEST cabins on the ship. You can easily fit 30 or 40 on the balcony and it's completely covered! 5190 is "our" cabin on the Vistas- like IRLJoanie we call 5190 our "penthouse".

You were very lucky- those two usually go very quickly because of the balcony. Enjoy!!!!!

Agree! Very lucky and we also love those 2 cabins. Have 5191 booked on the Oosterdam for Dec.

I had the chance to take a good upsell to the Penthouse for our Panama Canal cruise on the Z (5190) and passed it up due to wanting the great views.

Edited by DaveOKC

Agree! Very lucky and we also love those 2 cabins. Have 5191 booked on the Oosterdam for Dec.

I had the chance to take a good upsell to the Penthouse for our Panama Canal cruise on the Z (5190) and passed it up due to wanting the great views.

Congratulations!!! You too are in the very best stateroom IMHO.

We actually got the deck 5 aft wrap! Perfect for Alaska!

WOW!!! You are VERY lucky. We only had an aft once (and not a Neptune one) and my husband did not like it. I LOVED it so am sad I will never get to try an aft wrap.

What a trip for you to look forward to. Enjoy the amazing scenery and your aft!

WOW!!! You are VERY lucky. We only had an aft once (and not a Neptune one) and my husband did not like it. I LOVED it so am sad I will never get to try an aft wrap.

May I ask why your husband DIDN'T like it?? So many on here rave about them so what made him feel otherwise? Just curious......after all I've hear about them, I booked one for both our Caribbean and Alaska...

An aft wrap is alot different than the normal aft verandas. The wrap around feature gives you so much better views. plus the verandahs are so large.

I did not really like the aft-wraps at first, due to the long walks to the Neptune Lounge given my foot problems, but since my DW loved it so much, I decided to give it another try and this time got the huge 5190-91 on a Vista ship. After that experience, I just had to book it again!

DaveOKC