Celebrity Cruises (official) - important

ghstudio

Well, after Canadian Dee received her reply, I sent an email to concerns@celebrity; no response yet!!!

Given the way that the Celebrity Official posted worded their reply earlier; something tot he effect of "we handle the replies to concerns@celebrity".

Makes be believe that the poster known here as Celebrity Official, is not just one person, but could be several people who have access to posting under this alias. I get the impression that there is a group that response to concerns@celebrity and members of that group post here at Cruise Critic under Celebrity Official.

From my experience and understanding, it is ONE PERSON who handles both this "official" Celebrity Cruises account as well as the email "concerns@celebrity".

He has actually responded to an email inquiry in the past regarding a separate issue, and he was very professional in his response.

It is very likely that HE is providing the correct information, but that communications are breaking down between his "higher ups", the customer service reps, and the actual places on the ship where you can upgrade.

All it would take is better communication, or simply a mass email from corporate to folks who are booked/deposited to assure that they have the proof needed to upgrade at the lower price, and can show that email from corporate if they have an issue once on board.

It is really simple.

Hi all,

Few comments that we would like to make:

1. We tried to answer as many emails as possible. Yes, we are the same team posting on Cruise Critic, as well as answering emails to concerns@celebrity.com.

2. The upgrade price from Classic to Premium will be $10 (+18% gratuity) per day. It doesn't matter when you upgrade, either onboard, or in advance. If you have the Classic package, it is only $10 to upgrade.

3. Aside from sending messages to the ships, we have made a few additional changes to ensure that guests will not be charged the $16 amount.

4. Some guests have emailed us with a sail date in 2016 or 2017 and asked us to verify the upgrade price. As of right now, it is $10. However, we have no information on what the prices will be in 2016, 2017, or anytime in the future, so we are unable to "verify" that. However, as of right now, the price would be $10.

Happy to try and answer any other questions that you may have.

Hi there,

Just a FYI: We are the same group that handles and responds using the "Concerns" email.

Here he/she refers to themselves as a "group"

Regardless, you (DinaS) are correct and the lines of communications are breaking down at Celebrity.

How simple would it be to send an email blast out to everyone internally to clarify the situation.

Hi all,

1. We tried to answer as many emails as possible. Yes, we are the same team posting on Cruise Critic, as well as answering emails to concerns@celebrity.com.

2. The upgrade price from Classic to Premium will be $10 (+18% gratuity) per day. It doesn't matter when you upgrade, either onboard, or in advance. If you have the Classic package, it is only $10 to upgrade.

3. Aside from sending messages to the ships, we have made a few additional changes to ensure that guests will not be charged the $16 amount.

4. Some guests have emailed us with a sail date in 2016 or 2017 and asked us to verify the upgrade price. As of right now, it is $10. However, we have no information on what the prices will be in 2016, 2017, or anytime in the future, so we are unable to "verify" that. However, as of right now, the price would be $10.

Our cruise is in June, trying to decide if I should trust this statement, as I would rather upgrade on the ship, using my on board credit.

I have two cruises booked in 2016 with the Classic package perk and I find this a reasonable answer.

The upgrade price should ALWAYS be the difference between the two packages when you are doing the upgrade. If the prices change again before 2016 and the difference is $12 or $15 (or even $8), I would expect to pay that amount to upgrade.

Hi all,

I have two cruises booked in 2016 with the Classic package perk and I find this a reasonable answer.

The upgrade price should ALWAYS be the difference between the two packages when you are doing the upgrade. If the prices change again before 2016 and the difference is $12 or $15 (or even $8), I would expect to pay that amount to upgrade.

Celebrity cruises - Your response in red and green above are contradictory.

I agree with Blue Flame - the UPGRADE price , no matter the price of the packages , should remain the DIFFERENCE between the prices of the two packages.

Celebrity cruises - Your response in red and green above are contradictory.

I agree with Blue Flame - the UPGRADE price , no matter the price of the packages , should remain the DIFFERENCE between the prices of the two packages.

Hi, the above comment should say "where" you upgrade, as we are trying to explain that the pre-cruise and onboard price will still be $10.

Hi, the above comment should say "where" you upgrade, as we are trying to explain that the pre-cruise and onboard price will still be $10.

Thanks for trying to clarify but what I'm still reading is that all guarantees are only for the present - in the future the upgrade price may change.

(I understand that the INITIAL prices for the packages may rise. Just trying to clarify upgrade prices.)

I guess the statement I am looking for (and it's possible that corporate is not willing to make ) is that it is and will remain Celebrity's policy that upgrading any beverage package will be the cost difference between the two packages .

Thanks for trying to clarify but what I'm still reading is that all guarantees are only for the present - in the future the upgrade price may change.

(I understand that the INITIAL prices for the packages may rise. Just trying to clarify upgrade prices.)

I guess the statement I am looking for (and it's possible that corporate is not willing to make ) is that it is and will remain Celebrity's policy that upgrading any beverage package will be the cost difference between the two packages .

Apologies, but we can't make a statement like that.

The post was mine...and you took it out of context. My statement was:

Surely, there is someone in Celebrity HQ that sets a policy like this and communicates it to all personnel...in customer service, on the ships, and perish the thought, to passengers, etc.....or is Lisa the only one who can do this?

You apparently feel that she IS the only one who can set and communicate policy. I certainly hope that isn't the case....

Not at all. IMHO the Department in the Co doing the posting and comments has explained the "CURRENT SITUATION" very well. And that they are no different than anyone here, or anywhere else for that matter about predicting the future Like us, they dont have a crystal ball either.

Edited by wallie5446

Originally posted on wrong thread.

I have been following this and a few other similar threads with bemusement.

I was "given" the "Classic Package" as part of my booking as a UK customer under the 123Go promotion.

No value was given to this promotion. So when i board in June 2015 I have the " Classic Package".

Given that under the the old and new prices the difference between the old and new prices for Classic and Premium packages remains $10.00 (+18%) I will pay $11.80 per day to upgrade.

What could be simpler to understand than that?

If I had purchased the " Classic Package" rather than been "given" it I can see some room for misunderstanding, but even that has been clarified by the Celebrity Cruises "official" poster.

I am baffled as to exactly what people can fail to understand.

I do not work for Celebrity Cruises. nor am i a cheerleader... :)

Holy crap!!!! What exactly do some of you want???!!! What more do you possibly want?? Maybe they should say that NOTHING Will EVER change until the end of time! But then some will say, " when will time end?" One would think we're talking about tens of thousands of dollars here!

Edited by richsea

Originally posted on wrong thread.

I have been following this and a few other similar threads with bemusement.

I was "given" the "Classic Package" as part of my booking as a UK customer under the 123Go promotion.

No value was given to this promotion. So when i board in June 2015 I have the " Classic Package".

Given that under the the old and new prices the difference between the old and new prices for Classic and Premium packages remains $10.00 (+18%) I will pay $11.80 per day to upgrade.

What could be simpler to understand than that?

If I had purchased the " Classic Package" rather than been "given" it I can see some room for misunderstanding, but even that has been clarified by the Celebrity Cruises "official" poster.

I am baffled as to exactly what people can fail to understand.

I do not work for Celebrity Cruises. nor am i a cheerleader... :)

What's baffling about it? Many people have the beverage package as part of a promo for cruises into 2016 (and 2017 possibly), and they are simply asking if the price to upgrade will remain at $10 plus gratuity until the time they cruise.

Celebrity should at the very least promise that the price to upgrade will remain at whatever the cost difference in package price is - whether prices go up again or not.

No need to be baffled any longer....LOL

Holy crap!!!! What exactly do some of you want???!!! What more do you possibly want?? Maybe they should say that NOTHING Will EVER change until the end of time! But then some will say, " when will time end?" One would think we're talking about tens of thousands of dollars here!

Many people don't have to worry about money, but for some people, a 60% increase is pretty substantial. Whether they are cruising next month, or next year, they still have planned their vacation and were not planning on those extra costs.

Not all of us who cruise are rich. For many of us, a vacation is still a luxury that we have to save for. Not everyone indulges in specialty restaurants or private tours. Some of us simply base our vacation on the price of the cruise without all of the extra upsell items.

To one person, an extra $100 can mean just as much as another person's extra $10,000.

Edited by DinaS
Typo

So basically you think that today, Celebrity should commit to an upgrade price of $11.80, irrespective of any changes they may make to the packages between now and 2017. For all you know $11.80 may seem to be a complete rip off by then.

No business of any kind can make that sort of commitment.

Rest easy, whenever you board you have the promise of the "Classic" package.

It is up to you to decide at the time whether it is worth upgrading to whatever offer is available at that time.

Many people don't have to worry about money, but for some people, a 60% increase is pretty substantial. Whether they are cruising next month, or next year, they still have planned their vacation and were not planning on those extra costs.

Not all of us who cruise are rich. For many of us, a vacation is still a luxury that we have to save for. Not everyone indulges in specialty restaurants or private tours. Some of us simply base our vacation on the price of the cruise without all of the extra upsell items.

To one person, an extra $100 can mean just as much as another person's extra $10,000.

I'm not saying that I'm rich or that everyone is rich. I'm saying that whatever Celebrity says, there are those who want further & further clarification. They said that AS OF NOW, the upgrade is $10, but cannot verify what will happen in 2016 or beyond. How hard is that to understand?

I'm not saying that I'm rich or that everyone is rich. I'm saying that whatever Celebrity says, there are those who want further & further clarification. They said that AS OF NOW, the upgrade is $10, but cannot verify what will happen in 2016 or beyond. How hard is that to understand?

Now now Rich! Walk lightly! Your standing in the same line as me again:)

At least that is what my Crystal Ball is saying:eek::D

As much as I would like to see the company make some sort of commitment in writing (on X letterhead stationery ;)), I have to agree with Richsea on this one. So much has changed at X, since Dan Hanrahan was at the helm. I don't think anyone at Corporate could give us realistic guarantees about anything, as far out as 2017 -- including who will be running the company then. :rolleyes:

Thankyou for the update Celebrity rep. Trusting that the additional communications have been made to the ship accounts area. A grey area for 2016 I guess for those booked that far ahead. Hoping that at least "the present" is for 2015.

Edited by Pushka

I have just contacted Celebrity today and upgraded from classic to premium for a cost of US$10.00 per person per day plus 18% gratuity.

I asked about the supposed increase as of 20 April and the consultant I spoke to couldn't see any details on confirmed increases coming up.

It may or may not be coming, but I would recommend to call Celebrity for yourself before upgrading in a rush.

I was planning on purchasing the upgrade this week regardless so went ahead anyways.

I was trying to make sense of this so went back through some old posts.

This is how I put it together:

Originally Posted by Celebrity Cruises View Post

Hi all,

I wanted to share some news that we just received regarding our beverage packages.

Beginning on April 6, 2015 for all sailings beginning on or after that date, we will be raising most of our beverage package prices onboard. *From April 6, 2016 - April 19, 2015, our current prices will remain pre-cruise, thereby giving a "pre-cruise pricing advantage." *As of April 20, 2015, however, the pre-cruise prices will be raised to match the onboard prices.

The following changes will be:

Soda Package $8.00 --> $9.00

Premium Water Package $14.00 --> $16.00

Classic N/A Beverage Package $16.00 --> $18.00

Premium N/A Beverage Package $20.00 --> $22.00

Classic Beverage Package $49.00 --> $55.00

Premium Beverage Package $59.00 --> $65.00

Please note that the same beverages will still be available under each package, and that no drinks will be removed from any of these packages. The prices also do not include the 18% gratuity. Lastly, the wine package pricing will not be changing.

We all got upset so Celebrity clarified[/COLOR]

Hi all,

We continue to listen to guest feedback, and as a result, all upgrades (from Classic to Premium) will be $10. Guests should no longer have an issue with upgrading at any point, either by booking in advance, or onboard.

]I then asked:[/b]

________

And Celebrity answered :

Apologies, but we can't make a statement like that.

So what I am understanding is that if you want to upgrade for $10 (+ 18% so $11.80) you had better do it today.

For us, we will have $950 OBC (with gratuities already paid as part of the 1,2, 3 promotion and internet from being Elite) and, if I've calculated correctly, the increase in upgrade will be about $200 for a 14 day cruise for 2 people ($7 a day x 28) .

Although it does look awful when I calculate it - $330 to upgrade at $11.80 a day and $530 to upgrade at $18.88 a day - close to double.

(If I've done my math wrong please correct me.)

The first cruise isn't until 2016 (and 2 more in 2017). I've decided to roll the dice.

But I'll say again, I DO expect the upgrade to go up tomorrow

In all of their responses, Celebrity never said that wouldn't happen.

]

Edited by chamima

when you have multiple 28 day b2b cruises booked through 2017, $6 a day becomes more significant....I'd also like to use the significant on board credits to buy the upgrades vs having to pay now.

We're in the same boat (pun intended) as you so I sympathize.

I wrote that lengthy post above so at least people might understand where they stood.

if you were in the UK or Europe, you couldn't upgrade a package online you had no choice but to wait until you board. I want to do mine to get it at the lower rate but can't do it

Any ideas how those that booked onboard but are from UK can do this

if you were in the UK or Europe, you couldn't upgrade a package online you had no choice but to wait until you board. I want to do mine to get it at the lower rate but can't do it

Any ideas how those that booked onboard but are from UK can do this

Hi

Phone Celebrity UK Reservations 01932 834300 and upgrade. No problems. You can't do it online, you have to phone.

Janice :):):)