Celebrity Cruises (official) - important

ghstudio

And there's the rub. I am confident that it is exactly as the Celebrity rep has posted on here. But there seems to have been a delay in passing this message on to all the ship personnel.

Yeah, my experience is that change is often met with confusion, particularly when it's a change across a broad spectrum of people and geographies.

I guess my point is that, while it may be frustrating for some at this initial point of introduction, it is solvable and will likely be a non-issue in the the not-too-distant future.

Hi all,

Apologies, but we are looking into this, and will resolve.

Hi there,

Just a FYI: We are the same group that handles and responds using the "Concerns" email.

CelebrityCruises -- Thank you for donning your flame-proof suit, and wading back into this fray! ;)

In the time that you've been a presence on these boards, I can't remember you ever steering us wrong. So, if anyone can get to the bottom this, I'd be willing to bet that it's you. :)

On a personal note, I just decided to go ahead and upgrade my two remaining cruises. Thanks for the heads-up on the drink gratuity increase. I was able to upgrade my two cruises for this year, before that kicked in. Unlike some of my fellow cruisers, I do not usually have a lot of OBC, that I have to figure out how to spend. So, for me, it's just a matter of do I pay to upgrade now, or later. With all of the uncertainty and mixed messages on this particular issue, it was just easier to go ahead and take care of it now -- glad I did. :cool:

I just heard from my source that if you have a 123 Go beverage package and you upgrade from classic, it will still be the $10 a day plus gratuities, as both packages, classic and premium, are increasing by $6, so you will pay $10 not $16 as the difference between the two package prices remains the same.

Edited by Cruise Arizona

I guess I'd think about doing this...but Celebrity has someone who officially represents them here (and has been vetted by Cruise Critic). They stated very clearly, a number of times, that the upgrade will be $10+tips if you upgrade a classic drink perk on-board...at any time, not before 4/20...anytime. Either they are the spokesman for Celebrity or their ID should be closed down and/or clearly marked "unofficial" by cruise critic.

I think Celebrity is in the midst of a communications disaster...and I do think that "Celebrity Cruises" stated the real policy....but I think someone else in HQ is communicating different information to the ships.

So I'd like some official reassurance ... yes, again...that Celebrity Cruises is speaking officially and that the upgrade price will be $10 when I get on board on my next four cruises.

I don't think I"m alone in wanting the accurate information.......

I knew this was going to happen when the "Official" first posted this info on the original thread. Actually I said it then on April 3rd.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46146619&postcount=301

I just heard from my source that if you have a 123 Go beverage package and you upgrade from classic, it will still be the $10 a day plus gratuities, as both packages, classic and premium, are increasing by $6, so you will pay $10 not $16 as the difference between the two package prices remains the same.

This is old info, apparently you haven't been keeping up with the threads on this board lately. The official Celebrity Cruises spokesperson started the thread on April 1st, over two weeks ago. The thread is now 36 pages long, here it is if you have a day or two to waste reading it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2190579

Edited by ORV

How simple would this have been if Celebrity just raised prices on the two drink packages one day and clearly announced that if you already have a classic drink package, it continues to cost $10 plus gratuities to upgrade to the premium package.

So simple...so understandable....so implementable.

How simple would this have been if Celebrity just raised prices on the two drink packages one day and clearly announced that if you already have a classic drink package, it continues to cost $10 plus gratuities to upgrade to the premium package.

But why do things simply and clearly? ;)

LikeButton.jpg.04a1f676d773102663cd6880ead0a55c.jpg

If I was in charge I would have just made it the same $10 whether one prepurchased, received the Classic package as a promotion prior to the increase, or purchased or received as a promotion after the price increase. When you have such a complicated implementation it is certainly likely to be confusing on board.

Hi there,

We continue to listen to guest feedback, and as a result, all upgrades (from Classic to Premium) will be $10.

Hi there,

We continue to listen to guest feedback, and as a result, all upgrades (from Classic to Premium) will be $10.

(just for confirmation, should we add)

Irrespective of when or how you got the classic package?

Yeah, my experience is that change is often met with confusion, particularly when it's a change across a broad spectrum of people and geographies.

I guess my point is that, while it may be frustrating for some at this initial point of introduction, it is solvable and will likely be a non-issue in the the not-too-distant future.

We've heard from a couple of fellow CC'ers onboard who knew the upgrade should only be the $10 per day, and it looks like they're getting the $10 per day instead of the $16 per day.

So what about the hundreds of others that have boarded over the last week+ and upgraded their classic package received as a perk (and doesn't know that it should be $10)?? I'm sure Celebrity is charging them the $16 per day upgrade as per the "current" onboard staff instructions.

So while corporate Celebrity is "looking into it", hundreds of passengers are probably being overcharged while corporate Celebrity "works it out". Nice! Basically a hundred bucks EXTRA for a week cruise for two. Not quite "sky is falling" territory, but definitely frustrating.

I can't imagine that corporate Celebrity is that big of an operation to where the left hand has absolutely no clue what the right hand is doing in the corporate office. And the chain of command can't be that long between the corporate office and those sitting at a table onboard trying to get people to upgrade. It's been two weeks!

I still think they have no way of being able to differentiate once onboard between the folks that got the Classic package as a perk and those that paid for the package, so in the meantime have decided to try and charge everybody the same $16 upgrade. I've never seen that they were able to tell them apart before, and least that I've noticed. Anyone?

Thx.

Hi there,

Great, thanks for listening and for and making planning a lot easier and less stressful.

I knew this was going to happen when the "Official" first posted this info on the original thread. Actually I said it then on April 3rd.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46146619&postcount=301

This is old info, apparently you haven't been keeping up with the threads on this board lately. The official Celebrity Cruises spokesperson started the thread on April 1st, over two weeks ago. The thread is now 36 pages long, here it is if you have a day or two to waste reading it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2190579

36 pages is more time than I have to read the boards, please excuse my shortcomings. I have been trying to strike a balance between Cruise Critic and other responsibilities.

36 pages is more time than I have to read the boards, please excuse my shortcomings. I have been trying to strike a balance between Cruise Critic and other responsibilities.

Ok, read entire thread and still puzzled!

Cruising in July with 123. If I want to upgrade drink package then, on board, using OBC, is it only $10 per grats., or must I do it it by 4/20 online? Vicki

Long story short for everyone just getting to this. They raised the package of the drink packages. At first, we were told by the Celebrity Official who came here to give notice about the prices increases, that the cost of upgrading would be the difference between the old price (of your existing package) and the new price of the package you wanted. BUT if you paid for the upgrade by X date, you would be able to do it for $4 (non-alcohol classic to non-alcohol premium) and $10 (classic alcohol to classic premium).

Everyone got up in arms, and said it should be $4/$10 regardless of when you do the upgrade. Half-way through a very long thread, the Celebrity Official came back with the official word that it would be $4/$10 regardless of when you did the upgrade. WOO HOO! But then, some members got onboard and were told differently.

The cruise critic celebrity official (also concerns@celebrity - good to know that!) confirmed that it is in fact $4/$10 and its all being sorted out with the ships.

Long story short for everyone just getting to this. They raised the package of the drink packages. At first, we were told by the Celebrity Official who came here to give notice about the prices increases, that the cost of upgrading would be the difference between the old price (of your existing package) and the new price of the package you wanted. BUT if you paid for the upgrade by X date, you would be able to do it for $4 (non-alcohol classic to non-alcohol premium) and $10 (classic alcohol to classic premium).

Everyone got up in arms, and said it should be $4/$10 regardless of when you do the upgrade. Half-way through a very long thread, the Celebrity Official came back with the official word that it would be $4/$10 regardless of when you did the upgrade. WOO HOO! But then, some members got onboard and were told differently.

The cruise critic celebrity official (also concerns@celebrity - good to know that!) confirmed that it is in fact $4/$10 and its all being sorted out with the ships.

Thank you, I really appreciate the summary. :)

Hi

I hate to dampen the celebration (again) but Celebrity rep, this is how we were left last time with a great offer without clarity. The thread rejuvenated when I asked when this offer expires or will your base prices raise as perks are offered so you are able to offer the $10 upgrade indefinitely? I have one in June and would like to think I'll go on board then too and upgrade at $10 but what about the folk with perks now booked further ahead? Thanks in advance for your patience with our questions.

(and I ask fellow posters to please hold your flames for my asking for clarity.Look how much longer the thread took last time!..thanks)

Hi there,

What a great move! It should be much easier for everyone to understand. Please express our gratitude to management for accepting our feedback and responding. A special thank you to you for monitoring this forum and forwarded and supporting the change. Just one more thing that I love about Celebrity.

Hi

I hate to dampen the celebration (again) but Celebrity rep, this is how we were left last time with a great offer without clarity. The thread rejuvenated when I asked when this offer expires or will your base prices raise as perks are offered so you are able to offer the $10 upgrade indefinitely? I have one in June and would like to think I'll go on board then too and upgrade at $10 but what about the folk with perks now booked further ahead? Thanks in advance for your patience with our questions.

(and I ask fellow posters to please hold your flames for my asking for clarity.Look how much longer the thread took last time!..thanks)

No flame, but do you understand that the difference in price between the new printing for the Classic package and the new pricing for the Premium package is still the same $10?

Thankyou Celebrity Rep. I think the final step in all this is to reassure us that this information has been passed on to all the ships for cruises that go into 2017 under those booking conditions because this thread re-ignited a couple of days ago when your confirmation wasn't heeded by the ship crew as per their written instructions.

If there is confusion onboard I don't think our statement that we read this on a forum is going to carry any weight.

Some here scoffed at my suggestion that a confirmation letter that we could print off would be a good thing in such situations. And would have helped the poster who reported the confusion currently on the ship.

Just to have a warm and fuzzy feeling...I contacted Celebrity Resolutions Department and after much discussion, including references to this thread, they finally confirmed that regardless of when and how I obtained the classic beverage package I will only pay an increase of $10 per day (+ gratuity difference) for the upgrade. The telephone conversation was recorded and notes were added on my specific reservation so I will have no problems upgrading (using OBCs) while on board Infinity next month.

Bob

Edited by kennelgang

Just stumbled across this thread and I am TOTALLY confused as to why anyone would want to upgrade their drinks package?? We got our classic drinks package included on the 123 promotion are we going to have problems with it?? Very worried now.