Ovation of the Sea is COMING to Australia & New Zealand!!!

Yes, I wonder that as well.

I don't know if C&A members get any extra priority notice than non members either - we are supposed to in general - but who knows if it really happens.

I'm assuming anyone signed up to the Ovation launch email list will be getting some sort of pre warning as to the date & time they will open up for bookings online.

But wether that is hours or days we will find out I guess.

I will just keep checking the Royal site each day anyway just in case the email out is bungled! :)

[quote name='Hazydavo']Hmmm, whilst this is big exciting news am I the only one that would miss Radiance if she were to go as a result of this?
The smaller ships should have a place here too![/QUOTE]

No way! We would miss her terribly! She was our first cruise ship and will probably hold many fond memories in the future.

We love Radiance as well, she is our favourite. Spent over a month on her in 2013 cruising Alaska, Hawaii then repo home - fabulous.

I doubt Ovation would replace her, such a different ship in style & way too big to go everywhere Radiance can.

But eventually they will replace the older ships over time of course , so one day we will have to say goodbye to her - but hopefully not any time soon! :)

[quote name='avalon007']We love Radiance as well, she is our favourite. Spent over a month on her in 2013 cruising Alaska, Hawaii then repo home - fabulous.

I doubt Ovation would replace her, such a different ship in style & way too big to go everywhere Radiance can.

But eventually they will replace the older ships over time of course , so one day we will have to say goodbye to her - but hopefully not any time soon! :)[/QUOTE]

We were all proved wrong that Radiance wouldnt be back for 2017. With the new low sulphur fuel requirements i doubt that we will loose Radiance just yet.
Also had a great Alaska escape last year plus the cruise on Radiance was very emotional as we followed Rhapsody the whole way on her last Alaska trip.

Ovation will be/is geared for the Asian market with a few Australian/NZ itineraries. Cant wait for them to come out but I suspect prices will be higher than Radiance.
Got a few cruises picked out for 2017 but dont want to book until i see Ovations schedule. Dont want to miss out on a good cabin either by waiting -frustrating :(

[quote name='cassamanda']We were all proved wrong that Radiance wouldnt be back for 2017. With the new low sulphur fuel requirements i doubt that we will loose Radiance just yet.
Also had a great Alaska escape last year plus the cruise on Radiance was very emotional as we followed Rhapsody the whole way on her last Alaska trip.

Ovation will be/is geared for the Asian market with a few Australian/NZ itineraries. Cant wait for them to come out but I suspect prices will be higher than Radiance.
Got a few cruises picked out for 2017 but dont want to book until i see Ovations schedule. Dont want to miss out on a good cabin either by waiting -frustrating :([/QUOTE]

You can always put a hold on a sailing for a few days, don't deposit, and rehold every few days until the Ovation sailings are out. I'm a TA and know my clients cruises generally hold for 5 days before a deposit is due.

[quote name='LuckiePuris']You can always put a hold on a sailing for a few days, don't deposit, and rehold every few days until the Ovation sailings are out. I'm a TA and know my clients cruises generally hold for 5 days before a deposit is due.[/QUOTE]

I had thought of doing that and have done so in the past so looks like will have to do so again. Have also experienced the extended holds especially with loyalty bonuses although i doubt this works for first timers.
Also if booking is done over the phone you usually can get at least 7 days.
Cheers
Hugh

[quote name='cassamanda']I had thought of doing that and have done so in the past so looks like will have to do so again. Have also experienced the extended holds especially with loyalty bonuses although i doubt this works for first timers.
Also if booking is done over the phone you usually can get at least 7 days.
Cheers
Hugh[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOrchid]I put a hold on our favourite Radiance cabin, then decided to just pay the deposit so not to lose it should no Ovation cruises work for us. Deposit was $400 compared to previous cruises where we have had to pay $800. It only takes about 5 days to get the deposit refunded (have done this several times before).

Robyn[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='mr walker']Many have complained about us only getting old hand-me-down ships and now the newest!!
I know the itineries are not out yet, but does anyone know where she is going to be coming from when she comes downunder - maybe the repo to here would be a good option?[/QUOTE]

She will be in the med mid year then Middle East and Asia then here.the itineries for those cruises are already up

Mid June & still no Ovation Sydney cruises release! :(

I see Royal has started a WOW sale, so I doubt we will hear anything until that is over?

The whole NZ port issue thing in Auckland really put a spanner in the works for the planned inaugural Australian/NZ season announcement, delaying it by several weeks I think.

Any guesses as to when we will finally get that email we are waiting for? :)

I'm going to say the week after next - but maybe I'm just indulging in wishful thinking?? :D

[quote name='avalon007']
Any guesses as to when we will finally get that email we are waiting for? :)

I'm going to say the week after next - but maybe I'm just indulging in wishful thinking?? :D[/quote]

I'm guessing the other cruises will be on offer hmmmmmm around 0900 on 18th June:D:D:D

[quote name='badgerbill']I'm guessing the other cruises will be on offer hmmmmmm around 0900 on 18th June:D:D:D[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOrchid]
Unless their website crashes with everyone logging on then.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] :eek:
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]And I am guessing 3 cruises to NZ then back to Singapore[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE];) Edited by robynwally

[quote name='badgerbill']I'm guessing the other cruises will be on offer hmmmmmm around 0900 on 18th June:D:D:D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.... I guess that means I need to stay up late that night as 0900 your time is 0200 here in Istanbul. The things I do to fulfill my obsession... :D

If the OPT dates haven't changed, maybe 2 to NZ (14 nights) wouldn't be out of the question, but not my preference. A 14 nighter further afield to Samoa would be lovely.

I'm hoping the 10 day is a QLD cruise as I haven't cruised that run yet, rather than a short Noumea/Mystery Island run. Plus it's the New Years cruise, so the one that interests me most & I'm sure will be popular.

I do think they ripped us off a little only offering 3 cruises Sydney-Sydney, but maybe the OPT was booked out later on?

OR maybe the OPT dates are a ruse & we will all be in for a surprise.:D

16 Dec - 14 nights
30 Dec - 10 nights
9 Jan - 14 nights
23 Jan - Last one & not coming back to Sydney.

I would expect also that many people will hold cabins on the 24hour courtesy hold & then select which they prefer so there is likely to be additional cabins available day 2-3 after launch potentially.

Oh well if it is a 9am launch it may stop a few people getting online early due to travelling to work etc.

I'm my own boss & work from home so shall ensure I'm late to work that day! Whatever day it turns out to be!! :D:D

[quote name='avalon007']If the OPT dates haven't changed, maybe 2 to NZ (14 nights) wouldn't be out of the question, but not my preference. A 14 nighter further afield to Samoa would be lovely.

I'm hoping the 10 day is a QLD cruise as I haven't cruised that run yet, rather than a short Noumea/Mystery Island run. Plus it's the New Years cruise, so the one that interests me most & I'm sure will be popular.

I do think they ripped us off a little only offering 3 cruises Sydney-Sydney, but maybe the OPT was booked out later on?

OR maybe the OPT dates are a ruse & we will all be in for a surprise.:D

16 Dec - 14 nights
30 Dec - 10 nights
9 Jan - 14 nights
23 Jan - Last one & not coming back to Sydney.

I would expect also that many people will hold cabins on the 24hour courtesy hold & then select which they prefer so there is likely to be additional cabins available day 2-3 after launch potentially.

Oh well if it is a 9am launch it may stop a few people getting online early due to travelling to work etc.

I'm my own boss & work from home so shall ensure I'm late to work that day! Whatever day it turns out to be!! :D:D[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOrchid] Port of Otago has Ovation scheduled for 22nd Dec 2016, 3rd of Jan and 19th of Jan 2017[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='robynwally'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid] Port of Otago has Ovation scheduled for 22nd Dec 2016, 3rd of Jan and 19th of Jan 2017[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Hmm, bummer. No offence NZ, I liked Dunedin, just find the NZ cruises attract a much older demographic generally, although Ovation is likely to be different as most will cruise for the ship not the ports.

I also prefer tropical warm ports & NZ weather is unpredictable, plus they are cheaper to do day trips etc than NZ in general.

Hopefully they may do a south pacific/NZ combo with a bit of luck, but maybe the island ports aren't able to cope with the larger ship &/or the larger number of passengers yet?

At least Ovation will have the closed in pool areas though, so cooler weather won't affect that like it did on our VOS cruise to NZ.:)

[quote name='robynwally'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOrchid] Port of Otago has Ovation scheduled for 22nd Dec 2016, 3rd of Jan and 19th of Jan 2017[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="2"]That will be a curly one. The long channel into Port Chalmers is fairly narrow and twists and turns with a few S bends. Big ships , such as Diamond Princess ,have missed that port due to high winds which have made manoeuvring difficult.

[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Just received following per email from RCI[/COLOR]

[I]"We've got some really exciting news and because you're on our priority list, we want you to be the first to know.

Ovation of the Seas, Australia's very own Quantum class megaliner, is going on sale in just four days time. (That's three more sleeps!) This is your chance to be one of the first to experience what will be the newest and biggest cruise ship Australia has ever seen.

We've got four new itineraries for you to explore and there's a promotional gift code heading your way. So keep an eye on your inbox!"[/I]

Thanks for posting - nothing in my inbox yet - staggered emails I guess - despite being Diamond C&A.:rolleyes:

Based on the above discussion re Ovation being in Otago - the line in the email:

[I]"We've got four new itineraries for you to explore...."[/I]

Could mean - Circumnavigate NZ Clockwise, NZ Anti Clockwise, cut through via Picton for a figure 8 of NZ....plus repo to Asia! :D:D

just got the same email as others:

[URL="https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/IzBmT-vLB7YAoXPYlgq2j1xrh84eKbiFVcwZZp7OByfcsSTH8RCgodLEqiUBmhLMmMMTeTbMQprdZPTm__T3_NujTiTyJiHq60-9MXhbQeOnqt-VJuVcuHWCPAst1bHxulOD6uxCt_TNJq1XqZw1EAdi0F3CmpNyontEeIw1Pn6wkwyNLwaLLVHN1g=s0-d-e1-ft#http://image.rcclapac-email.com/lib/fe59157072630175741d/m/1/RCIAU_Ovation_EDM_Registered_4DaysToGo_June2015_Hero.jpg"]4 days to go[/URL]

not expecting "great" deals - but keen none the less

Mine just turned up as well 30 minutes ago! :D

I wonder what we will be offered with the 'promotional gift code'?

I was hoping some OBC, but it's more likely to be a discount on a speciality restaurant or something of that nature maybe.