How to get your Husband/Boyfriend on a cruise!

Velvetwater

Husband (who likes cruising but is not addicted like me) has said since last October that a cruise is out this year as he wants a long land holiday and so forth. Sadly I accepted my fate and tried to tempt him by showing him all sorts of amazing voyages and deals, including a cruise that ended in Turkey where his friend is currently working. It was always a no no no and a bit of a sulk.

Roll on this week...

As a surprise for his Birthday (I wanted to cheer him up as his Gramps just passed) I bought him a 3DS console and games. Hes wanted one for ages and upon realising what it was he hugged me and has been chirpy ever since. He told me today how touched he was and said 'If you want we can cruise this year...'. I fell off my seat. :D

WOOOHOOO!If I have to buy him a new games console each year to cruise then so be it.

Now to look for some voyages...possibly NCL (but could be RCL,Princess,Celebrity,Costa or MSC)

Edited by Velvetwater

WOW! He caved for only a game console and games! I held out for a new set of golf clubs to get me back on a cruise ship. :)

velvetwater, you were lucky and got away cheap. Maybe you should go out and buy a Lotto ticket too!

Edited by DirtyDawg

Haha...cruising husbands are so pesky! He may up his price for the next cruise but thats already booked so I don't have to buy him anything.

I have been furiously searching today before he changes his mind but theres so much choice. :D

Haha...cruising husbands are so pesky! He may up his price for the next cruise but thats already booked so I don't have to buy him anything.

I have been furiously searching today before he changes his mind but theres so much choice. :D

I think I saw your hubby at the Vauxhall dealership today. He was eyeing a new Corsa........ Hurry!!

I really like this idea of using a gaming system to get him back onboard. It would work with DH, but he already has the ultimate of the ultimate (in his opinion) PS4 with a network card. Last year was his first cruise and he fought tooth and nail on it, so I bought him a kayak. This year I'm gonna have to think up something good because he swears he'll never cruise again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Edited by BeachinBeauty

I really like this idea of using a gaming system to get him back onboard. It would work with DH, but he already has the ultimate of the ultimate (in his opinion) PS4 with a network card. Last year was his first cruise and he fought tooth and nail on it, so I bought him a kayak. This year I'm gonna have to think up something good because he swears he'll never cruise again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Speaking as a guy, a Porsche always works. ;)

It took me a while to get into my head.........

'he has rights, too'. :D It isn't always about what we ladies want.

Be sure to consider planning the trip HE wants for the first opportunity it is possible. You'll be happy you did.

In the meantime, have fun planning your cruise. )

Neither of us has to do anything to get the other on a cruise other than say "Hey, where we going to cruise this year? :D" Before our first cruise I was worried about the cost, I had always thought of cruising as a luxury, expensive vacation, but once I crunched the numbers, wound up seeing it as a great deal.

The sweet thing to do would be to take him on the land trip of his choice next year. :)

I will do in time :)

The cruise in my signature has been booked a while and we booked it for 2016 so its cruising for the next 2 years and then whatever he wants. I actually had offered to pay for us to go to Aus this year as hes desperate to go but hes set on the cruise idea now.

He does like cruising and he chose our PC cruise last year so we do pick holidays and cruises together.

Husband is guitar geek so instead of a Porsche he will probably want a ridiculously expensive Gibson or something. I think the 3DS thing could have swayed him more than other things as he can take it on the cruise.

Edited by Velvetwater

Husband (who likes cruising but is not addicted like me) has said since last October that a cruise is out this year as he wants a long land holiday and so forth. Sadly I accepted my fate and tried to tempt him by showing him all sorts of amazing voyages and deals, including a cruise that ended in Turkey where his friend is currently working. It was always a no no no and a bit of a sulk.

Ignoring the rest of your post, seems like you are being selfish. He is not saying that he never wants to cruise but he is saying that he would also like to do other things. You are insisting that he do it your way and go on a cruise.

A marriage is a give and take arrangement, You are trying to do all the taking.

DON

Having a reluctant husband also, I have found, on more than one occasion, that when I sincerely suggest vacations/purchases/etc. geared more toward things he enjoys doing, he will often turn it around to what I really want. After almost 24 years of marriage we are 'merging' in our interests and even when not, are more willing to give in without a fight. Makes life so much better when the person closest to you is happy. :)

Ignoring the rest of your post, seems like you are being selfish. He is not saying that he never wants to cruise but he is saying that he would also like to do other things. You are insisting that he do it your way and go on a cruise.

DON

Don, lighten up man.

If we work a thread like this properly would could have all the wives/girlfriends buying their guys loads of stuff to get our fellow man to go on that next cruise. ;)

If you haven't heard already 'man'kind is a team sport and we are up against the toughest team in the league - 'women'kind. We need our best players to be our best players. We all have to give 110% each and every game. Now get with the programme!

Edited by DirtyDawg

DON

The rest of my post suggests I am not selfish though?

Before I booked our first cruise 2 years ago he had chosen all our holidays including our honeymoon and he said we could cruise in summer on his own accord...I didn't say 'heres you console...now we should cruise.' We have just been looking at New York cruises together so he can go to a WWE PPV hes been dreaming of.I don't think you can judge a marriage based on a forum post that was just a bit of fun.

DirtyDawg you make me wonder if I did the right thing by posting this :)...cannot give away tactics!

Edited by Velvetwater

DON

Are you married Don?

I'd blindfold him and then kidnap him. Don't take the blindfold and handcuffs off until you're in your cabin and the ship has left the pier.

LIAR!!!

You never took that blindfold and those cuffs off. My DW saw 50 Shades ............:p

Are you married Don?

Yes. Nearly 50 years. First of all, I would never suggest a trip for us that I know that my wife would not really want to go on. Sometimes we go on trips that she would prefer. Sometimes trips that I prefer. There have been 3 occasions (Fairbanks in the winter; Yellowstone on a winter snowmobile trip; and a week eagle photography trip in Haines in late October) where I really wanted to do something that I knew that she would never enjoy so I sent by myself. Marriage is a partnership but you do not always have to be joined at the hip.

DON

I will do in time :)

The cruise in my signature has been booked a while and we booked it for 2016 so its cruising for the next 2 years and then whatever he wants. I actually had offered to pay for us to go to Aus this year as hes desperate to go but hes set on the cruise idea now.

He does like cruising and he chose our PC cruise last year so we do pick holidays and cruises together.

Husband is guitar geek so instead of a Porsche he will probably want a ridiculously expensive Gibson or something. I think the 3DS thing could have swayed him more than other things as he can take it on the cruise.

Why not an Australian cruise? It would give you ideas of where to book a land vacation there, someday...

All the abbreviations keep tripping me up. Hard to know what someone means.

I thought OP meant Austria when she wrote AUS. :o .... especially given she lists UK as home.

But you are likely right she meant AUSTRALIA. So much energy trying to 'get it right'. :D

Edited by sail7seas