Westin Resort and Hotel FLL Beach

sailor05

We just scored 3 rooms through Hotwire for an awesome price. Does anyone have any opinions good or bad about this place? It says 4 stars so I'd assume its not a dump:eek: How about stores within walking distance or is there some sort of public transportation that we can use to get to a store/restaurant?

Also, what about cab fare from FLL airport to hotel and from hotel to Prt Everglades? Thanks!

This is the Westin Fll Beach on A1A not in Hollywood

Edited by sailor05

It's a great location and a nice hotel! It's just about 4 blocks from Beach Place, which has stores and restaurants, and there are even more if you keep walking. You can also take bus 40 or Suntrolley to Galleria Mall.

Taxi: should be under $25 from the airport and $20 to the port.

What dates will you be there? Just curious as I have been watching for prices on that hotel. We stayed there once. Great place right across the street from the beach. Lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance.

I just booked this hotel yesterday.

Site: Hotwire

Dates: 19 Dec 2015 (2 nights)

Star rating: **** Four Star

Hotel: Westin Beach Resort

Bid Amount: $84

Taxes/Fees: $16.75

Total Amount: $100.75 ($201.50 two nights)

Stayed at this hotel several times (used to be a Sheraton at one time). Nice location on the A1A with an overpass to the beach.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Thanks everyone! I'm stoked we got these 3 rooms for under $100 each AFTER taxes for June 19, 2015 right in the middle of vacation season. I was waiting for a 4 star for the beach area to show up at a good price.

Hotwire has a coupon code right now for $25 off a $100 purchase when you use their mobile app to book it. The code is "share25." Good for only your first purchase.

I needed 3 rooms and so I booked 1 room first for $83. Went back and the room went up to $87 but still available. I had to use a different email and credit card otherwise it said the coupon had already been used. No problem with the second room using coupon doing it this way. But when I went to do the third room it wasn't showing up. :eek: Luckily I had also done the search on my laptop and it was still there on my browser at $88 which it allowed me to book just not using the coupon.:D Thank goodness I had done that and didn't close the browser!

So after taxes the 3 rooms were $77, $81, and $107. That averages out to $88 per room after taxes! Plus we have $25 resort fees but still an absolutley great price!:):D:cool:

Edited by sailor05

I guess we are the lone dissenters here. But we booked 2 rooms at the Westin thru Hotwire also....we were travelling with another couple. We were assigned an awful, mildewy room overlooking a roof with A/C units and a brick wall (aka "no view at all") Even though we looked out at all the A/C units, ours also did not work...very humid and warm in our room. We called Housekeeping to complain, were told it is an "old" unit and it was the best it would run....really? Our friends did get a room that had a sliding door on the side of the building looking down A1A, but it also stunk of mold and mildew. The hotel staff was very unaccommodating, repeatedly telling us they couldn't help us "because we booked thru a 3rd party vendor (Hotwire).....so our experience there was POOR at best....sorry!!

And finally, because we booked thru Hotwire the Westin would not give us any rewards points, as once again, "we booked thru a 3rd party vendor". I wrote to Westin Hotels upon arriving home and was rewarded with some Hotel rewards points for the stay and a "we apologize for your experience" letter.....shame on Westin.

Edited by buddylover

I guess we are the lone dissenters here. The hotel staff was very unaccommodating, repeatedly telling us they couldn't help us "because we booked thru a 3rd party vendor (Hotwire).....so our experience there was POOR at best....sorry!!

I hope this is an exception and not the rule for this hotel. I've had many good experiences using Priceline and Hotwire and haven't been treated in this manner. If we do get bad rooms or treated poorly, you'd be amazed what talking VERY loudly about bed bugs will do to attitudes ;)

When was this stay?

And finally, because we booked thru Hotwire the Westin would not give us any rewards points, as once again, "we booked thru a 3rd party vendor". I wrote to Westin Hotels upon arriving home and was rewarded with some Hotel rewards points for the stay and a "we apologize for your experience" letter.....shame on Westin.

Hotel frequent stay programs NEVER give points when you use hotwire or priceline.

If you read the rules in your membership packet, it very clearly states this.

Why would they? You didn't book with them, you booked with a discount vendor.

If we do get bad rooms or treated poorly, you'd be amazed what talking VERY loudly about bed bugs will do to attitudes ;)

Please tell me you really wouldn't do this. I'm starting to lose all faith in humanity reading recent cc threads :mad:.

I hope this is an exception and not the rule for this hotel. I've had many good experiences using Priceline and Hotwire and haven't been treated in this manner. If we do get bad rooms or treated poorly, you'd be amazed what talking VERY loudly about bed bugs will do to attitudes

Please tell me you really wouldn't do this. I'm starting to lose all faith in humanity reading recent cc threads :mad:.

You better believe if I'm getting treated poorly and receiving these types of responses that I will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to turn the tables in my favor. It's not that I want the best rooms as that would be unreasonable but I would not expect to be put in rooms with no working a/c or worse moldy which is a health hazard. I don't give a crap about points as your lied and said I did on another thread where you actually quoted me on? Please point out where I stated I did:confused::mad:

So go ahead and live your life as a pushover, that's your perogative. As far as losing faith in humanity over posts on a cruise forum all I can say is GET A LIFE!:p:rolleyes:

Wow....just wow...:rolleyes:

Great hotel and perfect location. We booked through Hotwire too.

But we lucked out and they gave us a room facing the ocean. I didn't ask for it they said since it was our first time there they would give it to us.

I figured they must of had extra rooms available. I don't complain when I know we got a really great deal. I am always afraid going through those web sites what we will end up with in the end.

A lot of stores in walking distance.

They have an outdoor swimming pool as well.

It isn't a dump by far.

We just scored 3 rooms through Hotwire for an awesome price. Does anyone have any opinions good or bad about this place? It says 4 stars so I'd assume its not a dump:eek: How about stores within walking distance or is there some sort of public transportation that we can use to get to a store/restaurant?

Also, what about cab fare from FLL airport to hotel and from hotel to Prt Everglades? Thanks!

This is the Westin Fll Beach on A1A not in Hollywood

Do you recall what the icons were for this hotel on Hotwire, other than 4 stars?

Do you recall what the icons were for this hotel on Hotwire, other than 4 stars?

Resort, pet friendly, fitness center, business Center, self-service laundry, near beach. But I think the real giveaway is the $25 resort fee. It was recommended by 90% of customers which is another way to tell .Hyatt Pier 66 has very similar icons except they have a $13 resort fee from what I can tell from my research.