CCL loyalty program

John has been talking about changes and he indicated to me on the Pride a few weeks ago that they were having high level talks about some sort of combination of HA and Princess with CCL.

This morning he asked whether this would be of interest and lots and lots of people started jumping up and down with joy.

Would be awesome if this happened.

John has been talking about changes and he indicated to me on the Pride a few weeks ago that they were having high level talks about some sort of combination of HA and Princess with CCL.

This morning he asked whether this would be of interest and lots and lots of people started jumping up and down with joy.

Would be awesome if this happened.

The programs are fairly different.... Before people start jumping up and down they should understand what it all means.....just sayin;)

At first glance, this seems to be a good thing, but be careful what you wish for. Princess and HAL do much longer cruises so the top tiers could be hundreds of days and not just 200 like on Carnival. One world cruise would put you at Diamond status. I think a combination would only hurt most Carnival cruisers. I am hoping for some kind of semi combination whereby you could receive some of the perks of your respective loyalty level but still only accumulate days on each cruise brand. On HAL "short" cruises are 3 weeks or more and that's not something that most Carnival cruisers can do. It could actually alienate some cruisers if they see that the top tier is something they could never achieve.

We are going on our first HAL cruise this summer and they are the only CCL brand that counts you as a repeat passenger on your first cruise as long as you've sailed other Carnival brands. We will get to enjoy the embarkation lunch and a Mariner lunch later in the cruise but we won't receive any of our other Diamond perks.

Yes, a combination would encourage people to try the other brands but until I know the details I'll still be wary of the final outcome.

At first glance, this seems to be a good thing, but be careful what you wish for. Princess and HAL do much longer cruises so the top tiers could be hundreds of days and not just 200 like on Carnival. One world cruise would put you at Diamond status. I think a combination would only hurt most Carnival cruisers. I am hoping for some kind of semi combination whereby you could receive some of the perks of your respective loyalty level but still only accumulate days on each cruise brand. On HAL "short" cruises are 3 weeks or more and that's not something that most Carnival cruisers can do. It could actually alienate some cruisers if they see that the top tier is something they could never achieve.

We are going on our first HAL cruise this summer and they are the only CCL brand that counts you as a repeat passenger on your first cruise as long as you've sailed other Carnival brands. We will get to enjoy the embarkation lunch and a Mariner lunch later in the cruise but we won't receive any of our other Diamond perks.

Yes, a combination would encourage people to try the other brands but until I know the details I'll still be wary of the final outcome.

I believe Princess also counts you as a repeat customer if you have cruised Carnival

If you search cruises on HAL you will find cruises that are 6 - 8 days. We did a 7 day to Bermuda 3 years ago on HAL. You may not find anything less than 6 days, but not all their cruises are long. They don't do as many "short" cruises as Carnival, but their target market is different.

Edit: I searched and found 3 - 3 day cruises that leave from Vancouver in September. It's unusual for them, but it is possible to find them.

Edited by carynh
new info

I agree with you 100%. DH and I can only cruise about 14 days per year, so if the combination of the programs would put upper tiers out or reach for us I would be disappointed. I would however like to see CCL do some kind of program where you get additional points if you book a higher end cabin.

The programs are fairly different.... Before people start jumping up and down they should understand what it all means.....just sayin;)

Last time they changed the loyalty program many of us thought we were collectively screwed.

Combining them hard to believe it could be anything but better for all of us.

I could see a combo scheme similar to what RCL, Celebrity and Azamara do working for the Carnival brands. Once you reach a specified level on one brand, you receive the corresponding level of benefits on the other brands, but you only accrue points on the brand you are actually sailing.

I think this could be great! I would love to try Princess but with the Carnival perks (I'll be Diamond on next cruise) it's hard to switch. I think it would encourage people to stay with CCL instead of competition.

Edited by rlkubi

Agreed all you get is past guest pricing and stockholder obc.

That is what I was saying. I was responding to the statement of :

"

they are the only CCL brand that counts you as a repeat passenger on your first cruise as long as you've sailed other Carnival brands... sorry if I said that wrong :rolleyes:

Agreed all you get is past guest pricing and stockholder obc.

Not true for Past Guest Pricing on Princess. Ran into that for a November cruise.

Wish we would get PG pricing.

Not too sure how many days the most sailed on Carnival has? Our last Princess cruise the Most Traveled had over 1900 days. We sat with a couple of gentlemen who each had over 700.

I'll take my Platinum Carnival perks over my Platinum Princess perks Use the laundry, not the Internet.

It would be great for me as I cruise Princess as much as I can, which is not much being from the Northeast, and HAL, too. I would love for those days to combine with my Carnival days in a loyalty program.

I don't know what the HA program is but Princess' a Platinum and Elite levels are easier to get to than Carnival's.

It takes 5 completed cruises or 50 days to reach Platinum. To reach Elite, it is 15 completed cruises or 150 days.

I don't know what the HA program is but Princess' a Platinum and Elite levels are easier to get to than Carnival's.

It takes 5 completed cruises or 50 days to reach Platinum. To reach Elite, it is 15 completed cruises or 150 days.

Exactly my point, and HAL's is different still.

Yes but Princess does not offer no where near as much as Carnival. With Carnival Platinum I get free laundry, a chocolate delight, a free gift, priority line at GS, priority tender, etc.

With Princess you get priority boarding, a special disembarkation lounge (note...you could set there for hours waiting to get off the ship unlike Carnival Platinum), and complimentary Internet minutes which are great. Platinum on Princess is definitely NOT the same as Carnival.

Flame away, but the programs need to be kept separate. When YOU cruise the numbers of days, then you should get the benefits. The cheerleaders don't get it. Does anyone get that the benefits would HAVE to be way watered down, when 3/4 of the ship passengers have them. How much to the "front of the line" do you think you are going to get when you are now competing with over 1000 other people. There are a lot of merits to the bell curve.

Already there are hundreds of platinum cruisers on board the majority of the ships. Diamond numbers are going up. How "special" are you?

My benefits reflect that I have sailed Princess enough to be elite, but only a 2 star HAL sailor. I'm Diamond and Elite on RCI and Celebrity, and Platinum on NCL.

I personally would like to see more exclusive upper levels. That ARE hard to get.

Flame away, but the programs need to be kept separate. When YOU cruise the numbers of days, then you should get the benefits. The cheerleaders don't get it. Does anyone get that the benefits would HAVE to be way watered down, when 3/4 of the ship passengers have them. How much to the "front of the line" do you think you are going to get when you are now competing with over 1000 other people. There are a lot of merits to the bell curve.

Already there are hundreds of platinum cruisers on board the majority of the ships. Diamond numbers are going up. How "special" are you?

My benefits reflect that I have sailed Princess enough to be elite, but only a 2 star HAL sailor. I'm Diamond and Elite on RCI and Celebrity, and Platinum on NCL.

I personally would like to see more exclusive upper levels. That ARE hard to get.

Many people start with Carnival and move up to higher tier cruise lines. We could go to Princess or HA or we could go with NCL or RCCL.

Think it is Carnival's best interest to keep us in the family.

Yes but Princess does not offer no where near as much as Carnival. With Carnival Platinum I get free laundry, a chocolate delight, a free gift, priority line at GS, priority tender, etc.

With Princess you get priority boarding, a special disembarkation lounge (note...you could set there for hours waiting to get off the ship unlike Carnival Platinum), and complimentary Internet minutes which are great. Platinum on Princess is definitely NOT the same as Carnival.

Since you only need 5 cruises for Platinum on Princess which is the equivalent to being gold on Carnival I think Princess is pretty generous.

Bill

Last time they changed the loyalty program many of us thought we were collectively screwed.

Totally agree. After all the tens of thousands of dollars we spent cruising, the only benefit of value I see in reaching platinum is the free bag of laundry each day.

Edited by LuckyZ