growing out a pixie cut

ozarkmama

Have had very short hair for many, many years. I am in the process of growing it out and almost reached a desperation stage. It is too long to do anything and it is too short to do anything..............Trying to be strong and not cut it off again

I agree with Sadie. A good stylist can give you a style that will work with the grow out. Depending no your hair and facial structure, cute hair bands can also be your friend during this time.

I agree that frequent professional trims and shaping will keep providing a look you can put up with until your hair gets a little longer. A stylist will keep it from looking straggly and ungroomed.

Thanks, I have been getting it trimmed and shaped every 6 weeks and am waiting till 8 weeks this next time. My stylist is the best. She took about an inch off the back last week so that the sides can catch up a little. I keep telling myself if I can get through the next few months it should be good.

Sounds like you're doing the transition right by getting the frequent cuts and shapings. Hang in there! You'll be glad you did! Otherwise you'll never know how it could have been. If you end up hating the final grow-out...snip snip.

I've grown out short cuts multiple times. I like to change up my hair. I'm currently growing out my short (not pixie) cut to a chin length bob. I get it trimmed every 4-6 weeks. The neck line is trimmed more than the rest so the layers can catch up. I need about 4 months for that to happen. My hair grows pretty fast (1/2-3/4 inch per month) and I've done this before. I get tired of my hair every couple of years. Hey, it's just hair and it will grow.:rolleyes: The best way to grow it out so you don't get desperate is to get regular trims. I wear bangs so that helps with dealing with the rest of it.

It took me a year and a half to grow my hair out from a pixie to a chin length bob. I had it trimmed every 4 weeks, not because it needed it, but because I was there anyway to do my roots. It was painful and I almost gave up a few times, but my hairdresser talked me out of it. Hang in there and use clips to pin it back.

Your pixie cut had lots of short layers. Are you trying to grow it out to one length? Or another cut?

My hair is very thick and straight. I needs layers, just longer layers. I want them long enough that I can pull it back in a pony tail.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...........

I feel your pain, Ozarkmama :D as I have been growing out my shorter than pixie style hair for a few months now. Not sure where I want to go with length, I keep telling my stylist I am taking it one week at a time. Frequent trims for shaping seem to help but I have yet to find a "cute" headband that works for this 60 year old!:D

Anyway, good luck!

Sherri:)

It's doable. I've done it 4 times in the last 10 years. My attitude is it's only hair and it grows back. In addition to the regular trims invest in both good deep and leave in conditioner. It's a Ten, hot rollers, and bobby pins have been my savior the last two growouts. As for the head bands they are my last resort. I try to stick to the elastic grip type that push back all around.

I went from a mess to my shoulders to chin length shag last week. I was getting lazy and doing nothing but ponytails and buns. When you're growing out you're forced to style everyday, for me that's a big thing, I feel mentally more ready for the day when I have to pull myself together before leaving the house.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

The need for conditioner depends on your hair. I have thick hair with a lot of body and a little wave. It is not at all frizzy or flyaway. A leave in conditioner world weigh it down and because my hair is very healthy (no flat iron and about one minute of blow drying daily) there is no need.