Room Hierarchy for Upgrades

canuckinindia

I know the first rule is don't book a room your not happy to stay in, having said that wanted to know if there is a set rule that higher category rooms get offered complimentary upgrades first?

If that's the case would A1 Aqua be the highest non-suite room when it comes for hoping to get bumped up to a Suite?

Celebrity isn't known for giving bump ups or free upgrades. Just about the only way an upgrade MIGHT happen is if you book a guarantee cabin, and even then, you rarely will get bumped from an ocean view to a suite. What you usually get is the same cabin category, but in a better location.

We've done more than 30 cruises on Celebrity and have never gotten an upgrade. I just think you need to realize that free upgrades will not likely happen.

We have never gotten an upgrade in 26 cruises. The most we have been 'bumped' was lucking out on an S1 when we booked a Sky Suite GTY once. Celebrity is not known for upgrading. If you do a GTY, it has been my observance in reading these boards that your best chance of being bumped up is if you are new to Celebrity. When I hear of fantastic upgrades (which is rare) it is almost always someone brand new to Celebrity. But even then it is rare, rare, rare to be bumped up more than one category.

I know the first rule is don't book a room your not happy to stay in, having said that wanted to know if there is a set rule that higher category rooms get offered complimentary upgrades first?

If that's the case would A1 Aqua be the highest non-suite room when it comes for hoping to get bumped up to a Suite?

As others have mentioned, Celebrity is not known for "giving" upgrades.

If you want to move? They will be happy to take your $ and you can

buy a more expensive cabin.

And as for suites? I have never booked one but I can tell you they

usually sell out.....there are lots of people who book them from the

get go.

Edited by Lois R

We've done more than 30 cruises on Celebrity and have never gotten an upgrade. I just think you need to realize that free upgrades will not likely happen.

I agree, the more you cruise with a particular cruise line, the less chance of getting an "Upsell" offer. The only time we have received an upsell ( inside to balcony for $100 ) was during our first booking with Carnival and Norwegian.

I think it is a marketing thing....makes you want to book that second cruise!

Celebrity isn't known for giving bump ups or free upgrades. Just about the only way an upgrade MIGHT happen is if you book a guarantee cabin, and even then, you rarely will get bumped from an ocean view to a suite. What you usually get is the same cabin category, but in a better location.

We have cruised 15 times on Celebrity. Imagine our surprised faces at check in when we were told our room had been changed...from OV to Concierge! The only explanation we could come up with was there were construction workers onboard for Luminae & we did see workers along the corrider on deck 3 where the OV rooms are located.:D