Online Payment?!

Hi everyone

Looking to pay some money off my cruise but can't find the option online. I know last time we cruised, I could log in every few weeks and pay a chunk of money off the total price! Can I still do it online?! Makes things so easy. Hate the thought of having to ring RCI and wait.... And wait.... And wait!!!!

Hi everyone

Looking to pay some money off my cruise but can't find the option online. I know last time we cruised, I could log in every few weeks and pay a chunk of money off the total price! Can I still do it online?! Makes things so easy. Hate the thought of having to ring RCI and wait.... And wait.... And wait!!!!

Yes you can pay online. After logging in click on your reservation and on the right side it shows your balance and underneath there is a make a payment button..or across the top is a payment tab.

You can but when I called they told me they suggest me paying over the phone. I guess the agents there did not have any faith in their website so each time I made a payment I just did it over the telephone

I must be loosing the plot.... Still can't find it! When I click on the reservation number it brings me to an overview type page but my cruise balance is not shown anywhere! I can book excursions etc and check the cruise itinerary.

Call C&A to see if they can get the payment tab added back to your reservation. Read about one a few days ago and they could not so be prepared to have to call and make payments. I have not found the wait to be unreasonable lately. Mostly 2-3 minutes if that.

I must be loosing the plot.... Still can't find it! When I click on the reservation number it brings me to an overview type page but my cruise balance is not shown anywhere! I can book excursions etc and check the cruise itinerary.

Did you book yourself or with a T/A?

I was going to try to screen shot for you but our cruise is paid in full so I am unable too..the wait to talk to someone isnt too bad only a couple minutes usually although I have waited 30-45 minutes on a couple of occasions.

I phoned re this yesterday and they told me that UK bookings no longer have on online payment option even although I paid the deposit and booked it on line - RCI web is the biggest WOW I have had so far

I have a UK Booking for Freedom Next year and I have a payment tab and can make payments online?

I phoned re this yesterday and they told me that UK bookings no longer have on online payment option even although I paid the deposit and booked it on line - RCI web is the biggest WOW I have had so far

I've have a UK booking and, even though I've paid in full, it's still showing the "make a payment" option on the Welcome to My Cruises page after logging in.

In fact, I only paid it this time last week and I've been paying bits here and there over the last 10 months with no problems, maybe it's another example of RCI call centre staff not knowing what they're doing!

Unless you booked with a travel agent, in which case you might not be able to make payments on the website, I think this might be another case of customer service reps in Guatemala not knowing the answer, so making it up. We booked direct from the UK, and have made payments online with no problem at all.

As others have said, you might be best to pay by phone and ask for a receipt, just in case.

There are two situations I'm aware that the payment option will not be available online:

1. Book through a Travel Agent

2. When you added the cruise in "my cruises" the first time, there is sometimes an option to accept as owner of the reservation. If you're not listed as the owner, it won't provide the option. It can be easy to accidentally click "no" on this. I'm not sure how easy it is for the phone reps to change this.

If you and your traveling companion both have the cruise in "my cruises", the other person's account might have the payment option.

I booked online myself! May just have to ring tomorrow and see if I can sort it!

post back what they say to see if you get a different response to me- I also booked on line but now have been told I have to pay by phone.

I booked an upcoming cruise on Anthem and the "make a payment" option disappeared after about a month.

About 3 months ago, I organised shore excursions, dining etc. and every email I received after this had a different final balance owing on it! When I eventually called to pay it off, I was told 5 different amounts still owing so requested they email me a breakdown which showed a further difference!!!

I eventually managed to nail them down to a final amount that we both agreed on, but it was £500 less than they tried to get me to pay.

I've not found the website to be the most customer friendly.

I've never had to wait and wait when I call! I give them my payment...ask for an e-mail receipt...and done!

I have never had to ask for an email receipt when calling the US to make a payment, they do it automatically and before they have said "have a nice day" I have the new invoice :D

I booked my cruise for April 2016 four days ago and I log in today, and the payment tab has disappeared along with the balance that I owe. I also noticed that the email address for cruise documentation was wrong so I changed it and saved the changes, but have yet to receive anything. Was I supposed to receive anything on the day I booked?

I booked my cruise for April 2016 four days ago and I log in today, and the payment tab has disappeared along with the balance that I owe. I also noticed that the email address for cruise documentation was wrong so I changed it and saved the changes, but have yet to receive anything. Was I supposed to receive anything on the day I booked?

I used to receive a booking invoice email automatically, but did not the last time I booked. I had to call and request the booking invoice email.

It's working for me this morning. :)

Edit: Scratch that. Actually clicked on the "Make a Payment" link, and it's all screwed up. The summary which lists the cruise fare, taxes, and other items is showing all 0.00's.

I guess I'll be calling.

Edited by jules815

Previous cruises I have paid online and it was a breeze. I enjoyed when i had some extra cash, rather than blow it, just pay on my balance. It always said I have a balance due and reccommended a payment amount due by date. I called to ask about it and was told to ignore and just pay what I wanted and I did, no problems. Welllllll, this morning I tried to make a payment on a new booking, says payment due by XXXX, I ignored that as was told for other bookings and tried to make a payment of my own. IT WOULDN'T LET ME!!!! It wanted me to pay what they wanted not what I was willing to. So I called and was told: OUR SYSTEM is still being worked on and sometimes acts a little quirky. I could be patched over to C & A to address the issue OR, I could make a payment of my choosing and try again at a later time to give the system a chance to work properly, and if it should happen again, call C & A to address the issue....ALL I want to do is be able to give ROYAL some money ONLINE as I sit down and pay all my others bills...lol..makes sense to me it would be easier that way. Soooooo I wait until next set of bills are due:eek::rolleyes: