Sky Suites getting Michael's Club access?

cle-guy

Perhaps the Celebrity Rep can chime in here.

Just got my Captain's Club newsletter (as have others) and found this paragraph on Page 18.

...Spacious and welcoming, pampered and rejuvenating, our six types of suites each have their own style. The posh benefits of Suite Class go far beyond your incredible accommodations. You'll have access to Michael's Club private lounge, your own personal butler, premium "all-in" benefits, and now our Suite Class guests are also indulged with a new and exciting restaurant - Luminae...

No asterisks, no foot notes, no small print. "Our six types of suites....access to Michael's Club". No room for interpretation there.....SkySuites are one of the 6 suite types: RF, PH, SG, RS, CS, SS.

So will SkySuites now gain access? Personally I feel there's plenty of room to accommodate them.

Edited by cle-guy

I noticed this as well, looking all over for the asterisks and fine print that would exclude Sky Suites. But like you, I couldn't find any exclusion. I think the MC Concierge would be hard pressed to deny access to someone in a Sky Suite if they showed up with this article!

I, too, hope this is a policy change now allowing Sky Suite guests access to Michael's Club since so many people comment that it's often empty.

I saw the same thing in the newsletter which I read carefully as I am in a Sky in just over 2 weeks. Seems like there is not an exclusion any longer. Although with the premium drink package not sure what exactly Michaels will entice me with, lol.

Could this newsletter have not come out a month ago so that I could have taken it with me to try and get into Michael's! :D :rolleyes:

Maybe it will be the quid pro quo for taking away the promised three meals a day in Luminae?

So funny that you said this. Right before logging onto CC, I was reading my email an the update for my church. One of this weeks sermons is about quid pro quo. :D

"Quid pro quo. You're familiar with that Latin phrase, aren't you? Literally, it means, "what for what?" One favor for another. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. What's in it for me?"

I actually don't agree that there is plenty of room. Michael's Club was fairly crowded during the evening hours on our January Reflection cruise. There weren't a lot of available seats, and I think the addition of more passengers would take away what makes Michael's Club special: the excellent service with bartenders who remember your name and chosen drink, bring canapés, are always ready to bring you whatever you need. That was the benefit for us -- so different from trying to navigate the other bars, especially in the pre dinner hours.

If the Sky Suites did get access to MC, you can bet your bottom dollar that the price of those suites will go up significantly! There are more Sky suites than all the other suites combined on any one ship and MC is not a large venue so it would be standing room only for many of their events. And the personalized service promoted and provided by the concierge in MC would become impossible with that many guests.

Edited by C-Dragons

I actually don't agree that there is plenty of room. Michael's Club was fairly crowded during the evening hours on our January Reflection cruise. There weren't a lot of available seats, and I think the addition of more passengers would take away what makes Michael's Club special: the excellent service with bartenders who remember your name and chosen drink, bring canapés, are always ready to bring you whatever you need. That was the benefit for us -- so different from trying to navigate the other bars, especially in the pre dinner hours.

It is easy for bartenders to remember your name and your favorite drinks.All you need to show is $$$$ :confused:

I really don't think that anyone is missing anything special at Michael's club. It was offered to high ranking Elites instead of the sky lounge when there were a great deal of Elites on board. This was before the voucher system. It's just another bar.

Edited by dmk

I really don't think that anyone is missing anything special at Michael's club. It was offered to high ranking Elites instead of the sky lounge when there were a great deal of Elites on board. This was before the voucher system. It's just another bar.

I too, can not see anything special about Michael's Club except the hours. Before when it was for certain Elite, there was breakfast and pre dinner cocktails minus the tapas. On the S Class ships. It's a very small bar. I liked it more on the M Class ships.

And if this is a misprint, not good for the reported peace and calm of Michaels folks have paid extra for as their days are interrupted by the arguments at the door. I fear we are going to have unhappy campers either way.

It's a bit ironic that those who say Michaels can't handle access to sky suites, don't seem to recall there was a time when Michaels was open to any and all.

So if sky suites get access, access goes from roughly 18 cabins to 60 cabins or so, and there was a time it included access from 1000 cabins. :eek:

Really need to hear back from the Celebrity rep on this!

It's a bit ironic that those who say Michaels can't handle access to sky suites, don't seem to recall there was a time when Michaels was open to any and all.

So if sky suites get access, access goes from roughly 18 cabins to 60 cabins or so, and there was a time it included access from 1000 cabins. :eek:

Really need to hear back from the Celebrity rep on this!

What he said:)

So if sky suites get access, access goes from roughly 18 cabins to 60 cabins or so, and there was a time it included access from 1000 cabins. !

There is nothing like free drinks to fill up a bar.

Celebrity could not attract passengers to Michael's when it was a piano bar except for Eclipse, could not attract enough beer drinkers when it offered specialty beers and finally changed it into a suite lounge.

M class might provide enough seats but in no way could S-class handle the crowd from 60 cabins plus the occasional VIP, Zenith, and high roller.

Michael's Club

A private lounge for those in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection Suites, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members. This luxurious club features a large-screen TV, reading areas stocked with magazines, newspapers, and books, plus a premium continental breakfast. Complimentary pre-dinner drinks and tapas are served 5–8 PM daily. Its dedicated Concierge can help arrange your specialty dining, shore excursions, even handle inquiries about various ports of call. Desk hours vary by itinerary. Michael’s Club is available 24 hours a day.

Edited by Argo.

There is nothing like free drinks to fill up a bar.

Celebrity could not attract passengers to Michael's when it was a piano bar except for Eclipse, could not attract enough beer drinkers when it offered specialty beers and finally changed it into a suite lounge.

M class might provide enough seats but in no way could S-class handle the crowd from 60 cabins plus the occasional VIP, Zenith, and high roller.

True about free drinks, but also true these days is but for Repos' and last minute bookers, it's tough to find someone in a suite who didn't also get the beverage package as part of 123 (or all 3 perks in recent times) so even the free drinks aren't that big of a perk. And actually, currently of the 18 or so cabins with eligibility, 10 of them (RS and PH) already get the free drinks anyplace.

It'd be a very rare moment when every single person with entitlement to the lounge would arrive, and certainly plenty of folks who could care less about the lounge, or are with others without access. As with many venues on board, there will be "crush times" and "quiet times".

Will be curious to see if this is a policy change, or yet another example of X not getting their stories straight among their various marketing and operational channels.

But to look more carefully at Michael's on Eclipse:

• 15 bar stools around the bar
  • 8 seats at high-top pub tables
  • 10 seats of comfy tub chairs at low tables
  • 12 seats on the built in sofas along exterior wall (2 at 6 each - may be able to do 8 at each)
  • 12 seats at small tables and tub chairs along the sofa wall
  • 12 seats at the 3 round tables on a lounge area past the sofas past the fireplace seating area
  • 8 seats as you enter the place thru the hallway by desk
  • 6 seats by the fireplace

Seating for 83 (85?) at a time.

And is the concierge going to be able to give the same service?

Is the bar tender going to be able to give the same service ?

Cle Guy, in the UK we call focus on quantity ie number of seats over quality ie service a "bums on seats" mentality

I hope that X is not seeing suites as "bums on seats" because very very recently they were upselling CS and above on the basis of access to Michaels. I am sure there must be some who jumped from SS who will now feel very peed off

I agree an official, well thought out, non ambiguous statement is needed from an authorised representative of the cruiseline on this board