Allure preparing for dry dock

Have you heard any news as to when/if DD is going to be rolled out on Allure please??

No news yet about DD on the Oasis class ships.

I thought that it's a new cast so maybe there are still in rehearsals?

It´s been a new cast on the Quantum and a new ship when the Quantum started out Oct 31st last year for the pre inaugural.;) Anyway they were able to perform the show. Back then I only watched the first 30 min of the show thinking I will see the whole thing on the Allure... Nope, not on my cruise.

Sorry, last I´ve read was conflicting information. The Norwegian RCI website said June 14th cruise. Emails from RCI said June 21st cruise. Good to hear you can see it on June 20th.

steamboats

steamboats

The reason people are probably annoyed is that RCI prides itself on its full Broadway productions on these ships, till last week they still advertised Chicago (and it's still listed on the UK website), no reference to Mama Mia or the lack of it. I can understand why people might be a little miffed (myself included) that they are getting this short one woman show (that said I'm still going to go and I will still enjoy it)

The reason people are probably annoyed is that RCI prides itself on its full Broadway productions on these ships, till last week they still advertised Chicago (and it's still listed on the UK website), no reference to Mama Mia or the lack of it. I can understand why people might be a little miffed (myself included) that they are getting this short one woman show (that said I'm still going to go and I will still enjoy it)

I am adopting the same philosophy as Ocav for our 4th June sailing. I am hoping it will be a good show.

Tell me on a Sunday was on in the West End in London a few years ago and did quite well. It's an old musical but was brought up to date.. Hopefully this is the version played. It's a shame people got up and walked out, it's only 50 mins long.. What's 20 more minutes??

I have to say I was very surprised RCL chose this show. It's very British.

Exactly!!

welshy74, the version performed onboard is just a one woman show, no full musical. But RCI is telling the passengers that it´s a full musical.

That´s the second reason passengers are miffed... the "replacement" is not really what they´ve been told it is.

steamboats

Exactly!!

welshy74, the version performed onboard is just a one woman show, no full musical. But RCI is telling the passengers that it´s a full musical.

That´s the second reason passengers are miffed... the "replacement" is not really what they´ve been told it is.

steamboats

Actually the original show is a very short one woman performance so I guess it is the full show. When it was on in London and New York it was 50 min long. RCI are advertising it correctly. It is a full west end/Broadway production.

Edited by welshy74

Actually the original show is a very short one woman performance so I guess it is the full show. When it was on in London and New York it was 50 min long. RCI are advertising it correctly. It is a full west end/Broadway production.

Thanks, anyway it´s not what the passengers expect when it´s advertised as full musical show - compared with Cats, Chicago, Mamma Mia! it´s more a headliner show.

steamboats

Thanks, anyway it´s not what the passengers expect when it´s advertised as full musical show - compared with Cats, Chicago, Mamma Mia! it´s more a headliner show.

steamboats

Totally agree. It's a stop gap show that is very simple to put on whilst Mama Mia is being put together. It's quite clever if RCI to pick this show as a temporary filler for a few sailings.. One woman, very little set and RCI can advertise a full musical. Whereas I would have preferred Chicago (not a fan of Mama Mia) I am looking forward to seeing Tell Me On A Sunday. It's not a bad show.

Tell Me on a Sunday is touring the UK next year with Jodie Prenger as the lead role.

I wonder if she is starring in the performance on the Allure at the moment?

Anyhow, we will go and see it when we are onboard next week.

This is the write up for the show for next year when it tours the UK...........

Tell Me On A Sunday Overview

Following her acclaimed performance in the Watermill’s 2014 production of Calamity Jane, Jodie Prenger now steps into Andrew Lloyd Webber and Don Black’s classic musical, Tell Me On A Sunday.

Tell Me On A Sunday charts the romantic misadventures of a young English girl in New York in the heady days of the 1980’s. Brimming with optimism, she seeks success and love. But as she weaves her way through the maze of the city and her own anxieties, frustrations and heartaches she begins to wonder whether she's been looking for love in all the wrong places. This iconic musical, with a wonderful original score, features Unexpected Song the chart-topping Take That Look Off Your Face and title track Tell Me on A Sunday.

Originally conceived for television, Tell Me On A Sunday has been performed by many legendary musical theatre stars including Marti Webb and Sarah Brightman. This new 2016 production directed by Paul Foster includes an intimate post-show chat with Jodie about life, love and playing the role of Emma.

Andrew Lloyd Webber’s numerous awards include 7 Tonys, 3 Grammys, 7 Olivier’s, a Golden Globe, an Oscar, 2 Emmys and the Richard Rodgers Award for Excellence in Musical Theatre. Don Black is an Oscar winning lyrist (Born Free) and penned numerous James Bond theme tunes, and chart hits Michael Jackson’s Ben and Lulu’s To Sir With Love.

I still don't get why they aren't ready. Cats was ready from Day 1 onboard Oasis after dry dock. Either way, Royal should remove all references to Chicago from the UK site...

I still don't get why they aren't ready. Cats was ready from Day 1 onboard Oasis after dry dock. Either way, Royal should remove all references to Chicago from the UK site...

Nor do I! But to be true, Cats had a soft opening on the TA the very last two days. It´s been piano only no orchestra. But as I said, new cast, new show, new ship but a full Mamma Mia! show on the very first day of the Quantum (o.k., on the second, it was Nov 1st they performed Mamma Mia!). They might have had about two weeks for rehearsals onboard during the sea trials.

steamboats

Don't forget I'm one of those. Would have loved to see Mamma Mia but it's not a deal breaker

It's probably the only RCCL production my kids would have wanted to see ,so at least I'm off the hook on headline nights.

But with Chicago being advertised and Mama Mia promised to get one of the filler nights acts as a headline production is fair reason for people to get miffed.

Well 5 days have gone so quick. We are into strong headwinds which have closed the upper deck so everyone packing cases :( for departure tomorrow in Barcelona. All I can say is "great ship" love the layout, neighbourhoods and bars. Great ents. I will definitely be booking a trip on Harmony next year!

Well 5 days have gone so quick. We are into strong headwinds which have closed the upper deck so everyone packing cases :( for departure tomorrow in Barcelona. All I can say is "great ship" love the layout, neighbourhoods and bars. Great ents. I will definitely be booking a trip on Harmony next year!

Did you by any chance see the new Aft Grand Suites? Any noticeable difference with the ones added to Oasis? Thanks.

Nor do I! But to be true, Cats had a soft opening on the TA the very last two days. It´s been piano only no orchestra. But as I said, new cast, new show, new ship but a full Mamma Mia! show on the very first day of the Quantum (o.k., on the second, it was Nov 1st they performed Mamma Mia!). They might have had about two weeks for rehearsals onboard during the sea trials.

steamboats

I'd like to just point out, a few years ago I chaperoned a summer school, 80 children of all ages had 2 weeks of rehearsals and put on a full show of Peter Pan (sets, singing, etc) for a full size theatre and got reviews better than some West End productions. If they could do it, why can't the professionals...?

What selection of flavored rum are available at the duty free on board ? DW likes Cruzon Pineapple, but I think ships probably carry Bacardi and Captain Morgan brands.

Also can you take your purchase with you this evening, even those on B2B ?