the moment FTTF became worth it...

legion3

Just back from the Breeze today. Great trip, great ship.

Had FTTF and it was mostly worth it. However last night it was totally worth it, the last night of the cruise.

line at guest services was 50+ people deep, back past the elevators. I had a question about my cash out from s&s card.

Well the priority line was one deep.

when the next available agent called me up, an older "gentleman " rushed up from the middle of the line and stated "how come he gets to go to the front of the line and not wait like everyone else?"

When the agent explained fttf he made a dismissive hand wave and stated "thats bull____". He then stormed back to the lines in a huff.

That moment was priceless :cool:

I considered going to the lobby bar and getting a drink and then getting back in the priority line...just to tell customer service what a great job they were doing. ;)

but my self control steered me to a better bar and something more entertaining.

I considered going to the lobby bar and getting a drink and then getting back in the priority line...just to tell customer service what a great job they were doing. ;)

Would have been a classic.....but your path was the one with class. Unlike that impatient person. I have $10 that says he skips people in the buffet line without asking. [emoji6]

- JPO

I agree wholeheartedly. I too might have been tempted to go back but like to think I would have overcome the temptation.

It's really just priorities. I drink little but couldn't care less if people find Cheers to be a good deal. I like the food in the MDR but have never given a thought to the people who want to pay for their evening meal in their cruise price and pay for it again in the Steakhouse.

And I happily lay my money down for FTTF.

I had a similar thing happen on my last cruise. A woman just about attacked me when I stepped up to the counter after the person in front of me in the priority line was finished. The staff quickly put her in her place. I've had FTTF on my last two cruises and it's worth it to me. I'm waiting for it to become available for my next one.

Just back from the Breeze today. Great trip, great ship.

Had FTTF and it was mostly worth it. However last night it was totally worth it, the last night of the cruise.

line at guest services was 50+ people deep, back past the elevators. I had a question about my cash out from s&s card.

Well the priority line was one deep.

when the next available agent called me up, an older "gentleman " rushed up from the middle of the line and stated "how come he gets to go to the front of the line and not wait like everyone else?"

When the agent explained fttf he made a dismissive hand wave and stated "thats bull____". He then stormed back to the lines in a huff.

That right there is worth the $50 alone! :D

It's too bad that there was a 50 person line at all - that makes me think there has to be a better way to provide customer service to ALL passengers (or maybe something odd happened to make the line so horrendous?). I would come back later if the line was truly that long...

Edited by Gopherpharm

I'm am so with you! I had an issue with luggage express and had to go to GS 3 times last sea day. I would have went bonkers had I not had FTTF. There was at least 20 people in line each time. What a waste of their last day.

I haven't cruised Carnival in 6 years what is FTTF:confused:

Faster To The Fun

basically you pay...$60 or so per cabin and it gets you earlier boarding-room ready when you board, tender priority, short line to customer service, early debarkation, and probably one or 2 other things I'm forgetting.

I just purchased FTTF for our Fascination cruise in September because we have a tender port and really want to drop off our carry on when we embark.

We've never cruised Carnival before, so does FTTF automatically show up on our Sign and Sail cards? Is there something to print out? How did the guests service individual know you had it? So much I don't know! :confused:

I just purchased FTTF for our Fascination cruise in September because we have a tender port and really want to drop off our carry on when we embark.

We've never cruised Carnival before, so does FTTF automatically show up on our Sign and Sail cards? Is there something to print out? How did the guests service individual know you had it? So much I don't know! :confused:

There is a sticker on your Sign and Sail cards when you pick them up at check in.

It's too bad that there was a 50 person line at all - that makes me think there has to be a better way to provide customer service to ALL passengers (or maybe something odd happened to make the line so horrendous?). I would come back later if the line was truly that long...

So the cruise ships are trying to board thousands of passengers within a matter of a few hours and you honestly think that they could possibly make it so no one has to stand in line? If you ask me, having only 50 people in line is pretty good considering.

And I'll bet that the passengers could probably do a lot themselves to speed things up, like have all of their paperwork ready and not have to spend awhile fishing them out of their belongings. It's one of my biggest pet peeves at TSA check-in's. You wait for a good 30 mins in line, yet people still insist on waiting until it's their turn to look for their boarding passes and IDs.

So the cruise ships are trying to board thousands of passengers within a matter of a few hours and you honestly think that they could possibly make it so no one has to stand in line? If you ask me, having only 50 people in line is pretty good considering.

And I'll bet that the passengers could probably do a lot themselves to speed things up, like have all of their paperwork ready and not have to spend awhile fishing them out of their belongings. It's one of my biggest pet peeves at TSA check-in's. You wait for a good 30 mins in line, yet people still insist on waiting until it's their turn to look for their boarding passes and IDs.

This was the LAST night of the cruise. People go down the last day to pay of their S&S card. I just let the charge go on my credit card and pay it off when my bill comes. For the life of me I can't figure out why people don't do this.

OP referred to a customer service line that long the last night of the cruise, not during boarding... I think we're talking about 2 different things.

I'm saying I wonder if there are mechanisms to avoid having such a long customer service line during the cruise. I'm sure there are things that can be done by passengers to help this too.

How do you purchase fttf? Is it in the shops part of the website?

It's an excursion. Look at the carnival website under excursions for the port you leave from. They sell out fast, so if you want it and it's open grab it.

Come on, it was the last night of the cruise. You know why 50 people were there. Cheap bastards that found out how much they spent on alcohol and decided to recoup some of it by removing the tips. :mad: