the moment FTTF became worth it...

legion3

Reading this thread is making me consider FTTF for my cruise. I am in a suite so I get some perks, but if I have to wait in line at customer service for 50 people I think I would rather be on the recieving end of someones stink eye. Also I have a 1pm flight booked out of Orlando so the priority debark would be nicer than the self-debark espcially with two very active boys. I booked priority seats once on a charter airline to LAs Vegas. When I was leaving I got in the priority line and people starting asking why we were so special... so I told them we paid for elite seats and service to stand in the short line and sit in the seats with lots of extra leg room. The best part is I am only 5'5" and this was a guy that was at least 6'3".

So the cruise ships are trying to board thousands of passengers within a matter of a few hours and you honestly think that they could possibly make it so no one has to stand in line? If you ask me, having only 50 people in line is pretty good considering.

And I'll bet that the passengers could probably do a lot themselves to speed things up, like have all of their paperwork ready and not have to spend awhile fishing them out of their belongings. It's one of my biggest pet peeves at TSA check-in's. You wait for a good 30 mins in line, yet people still insist on waiting until it's their turn to look for their boarding passes and IDs.

What are you talking about??? This took place on board the cruise, not at the cruise terminal. :rolleyes:

Come on, it was the last night of the cruise. You know why 50 people were there. Cheap bastards that found out how much they spent on alcohol and decided to recoup some of it by removing the tips. :mad:

Ugh. You're probably right.

I have gone to guest services maybe 2 or 3 times over a dozen cruises.

How many times per cruise are you people at Guest Services complaining that you value this perk so much?

I also am in a suite so I already have priority boarding, but the tender priority and guest services priority, plus early access to our cabin makes it worthwhile. I went to guest services about 10 times on our last cruise (22 days). Twice to get our cards punched, then several times when a broken pipe for the Serenity pool flooded our room, a couple times to ask questions, and on the last sea day to get a refund of our obc. Almost every time there was at least five people in the regular line, and a couple times there were 10 to 20 people.

When I was on the Conquest, we had to use guest services a couple of times: once to get quarters for the dryer when we got soaked in a sudden rainstorm and twice when my son lost his card (he does that a lot!) Not once to complain!

And the day we went to get change, we were soaked and worried that we wouldn't get to the dryers in time if we didn't get change quickly, so we were happy not to have to wait in line (although I would guess that many of the 20 or so people in line were there to complain that their day was ruined by the rain! LOL) :eek:

I bought it for my up coming cruise because my mom just had open heart surgery in March and I wanted to make sure we could get in our cabin early in case she needs to rest.

Edited by cmecruise1962

How many times per cruise are you people at Guest Services complaining that you value this perk so much?

It only takes one 40 minute stand to make a believer out of you. I hope I never have to sail without it.

It's too bad that there was a 50 person line at all - that makes me think there has to be a better way to provide customer service to ALL passengers (or maybe something odd happened to make the line so horrendous?). I would come back later if the line was truly that long...

On the last night? It's all the folks pulling their tips to reduce their account. They can wait all night.

What are you talking about??? This took place on board the cruise, not at the cruise terminal. :rolleyes:

Ohhhh, lol, sorry. I thought you were talking about embarking. If it was a line with people that needed customer service, then yes, I agree, 50 people in line is a little much!

OP referred to a customer service line that long the last night of the cruise, not during boarding... I think we're talking about 2 different things.

I'm saying I wonder if there are mechanisms to avoid having such a long customer service line during the cruise. I'm sure there are things that can be done by passengers to help this too.

I agree with you. Using the excursion desk on the last day is the first thing that comes to my mind that Carnival could do to improve service and alleviate longer lines at guest service.

On the last night? It's all the folks pulling their tips to reduce their account. They can wait all night.

I prepaid all of my tips in advance, but I use cash for my account, so it's nice to know that I have fast access to guest services :)

I agree with you. Using the excursion desk on the last day is the first thing that comes to my mind that Carnival could do to improve service and alleviate longer lines at guest service.

They had 5 people working 5 stations. And two behind the lines (enemy lines based on some of the disjointed faces I observed debating their charges) so it seemed it was all hands on deck or as many hand as could fit behind the counter.

I prepaid all of my tips in advance, but I use cash for my account, so it's nice to know that I have fast access to guest services :)

This is what we did too, so I was cashing out my cash account, I like to use cash too so that there aren't any funny charges or holds on any accounts.

It's too bad that there was a 50 person line at all - that makes me think there has to be a better way to provide customer service to ALL passengers (or maybe something odd happened to make the line so horrendous?). I would come back later if the line was truly that long...

I have noted this multiple times. One of the reasons on Carnival that FTTF is so good, is because Carnival creates the lines with a combination of poor customer service, or by developing choke points in lines, such as getting off the ship, and being forced to stop for a picture. If you create a need, than people will pay for the free service.

Personally, I would go back another time, but than again, out of 15 cruises, I don't think I ever needed guest services. I'm not even sure what they do.

Hear that.... FTTF is still a waste of 60 bucks

If you think it is a waste of money, don't buy it. We have bought it for every cruise where it was available since it was introduced. Thankfully my wife is Platinum now, and we don't have to purchase it, but it was worth every penny each time we bought it. My daughter and I will be Platinum after our Breeze cruise, so we will get the perks also. If you have ever stood in a GS line for 1/2 hour +, you will be thankful you purchased it. Thanks Carnival!! :D:D

Edited by cruisinpips

I wonder if the older "gentleman" thought it was a waste too? I know he had plenty of time to ponder it while waiting in line.

I'm afraid I did not have as much time to ponder its value, my line moved way to fast.

I wonder if the older "gentleman" thought it was a waste too? I know he had plenty of time to ponder it while waiting in line.

I'm afraid I did not have as much time to ponder its value, my line moved way to fast.

Dont care about what the old guy did. He needs to learn that patience is needed in life.

FTTF is s slap in the face to the folks that EARNED the ability to cut lines the hard way

The way I look at it, if you cant handle waiting in lines, cruising isnt for you. Id never spend 60 bucks to get priority lines. Im on vacation, I am not in any rush.

Agreed... It was CCL idea to prey on people ALWAYS in a hurry with this HIGHLY profitable FTTF sticker.

why the heck would I want to rush around on a cruise vacation or any vacation

Edited by limoguy1

Agreed... It was CCL idea to prey on people ALWAYS in a hurry with this HIGHLY profitable FTTF sticker.

why the heck would I want to rush around on a cruise vacation or any vacation

Umm, he was in a rush, I on the other hand did not need to rush, so was glad I didn't have to, rush through such a long line.

When I want to be in a hurry, which is not always ALWAYS, thank goodness for that thing that gets me in and out and on to other things.

Thankfully for Carnival, the max amount sold every cruise, including me think it's worth every penny

Edited by Podna's