The Mall of San Juan, 1000 Mall of San Juan Boulevard, San Juan

trev71

Not that I care but my wife wants to check out that area for shopping :rolleyes: Staying at the Hampton inn Isla Verde Carolina. Google maps shows its about a 4 mile cab ride any word on that cost and is there anything else interesting in that area where the mall is ? First time to San Juan and leaving tomorrow would like to know. Any help would be appericated

Not that I care but my wife wants to check out that area for shopping :rolleyes: Staying at the Hampton inn Isla Verde Carolina. Google maps shows its about a 4 mile cab ride any word on that cost and is there anything else interesting in that area where the mall is ? First time to San Juan and leaving tomorrow would like to know. Any help would be appericated

San Juan taxis charge by zone:

http://sanjuanpuertorico.com/taxis/

I have not been to San Juan for twenty years, other than on a cruise. However, I read somewhere that the mall was built in a "not so good" area. So if you do go to that area make sure you discuss it with the hotel concierge first. If the area is questionable, a cab may be the only sensible choice. Don't venture out on foot, good luck and enjoy your stay.

I have not been to San Juan for twenty years, other than on a cruise. However, I read somewhere that the mall was built in a "not so good" area. So if you do go to that area make sure you discuss it with the hotel concierge first. If the area is questionable, a cab may be the only sensible choice. Don't venture out on foot, good luck and enjoy your stay.

Really yikes, I will ask about it then. Maybe be a good excuse to get out of it but the wife wants to get something at the mall there. You know the saying happy wife happy life lol

It is a mall just like you have at home. Unless you lose your luggage, I see no reason to go.

lol thanks for telling me what you really think. I asked if there was anything else around the mall that is worth seeing

Edited by trev71

Old San Juan would be SOOOO much nicer to visit than just another mall. And there is plenty of shopping there too.

That is not the point or what I asked. I asked what else is around that mall. If you are not going to help please move along. I don't want to go to this mall my wife wants to go there to get one item and leave. Then we plan on going to Old San Juan. Give me a break

You do realize that 1)...if you asked about shopping in Old San Juan the advice would be go to the mall and 2)...most don't read the question before responding but are quick to offer unrelated advice.

Enjoy whatever you choose to do. Just to add...don't know what is in that area.

Edited by looking4info

You do realize that 1)...if you asked about shopping in Old San Juan the advice would be go to the mall and 2)...most don't read the question before responding but are quick to offer unrelated advice.

Enjoy whatever you choose to do. Just to add...don't know what is in that area.

I know that all to well lol. my wife wants a stupid purse or something from a coach store. or something like that we don't have one where we are.

It reminds me the one time back in the day I asked about the Cupcake Cup board on the Oasis and someone replyed why would you pay 2.50$ for a cup cake when you can go to café promedade and get something for free :D

It is a mall just like you have at home. Unless you lose your luggage, I see no reason to go.

This is a very accurate statement- do you know of any mall in the US that there's something near by (within walking distance) to see or do?

It's an attraction by itself, there is no need to have it near something else.

(and having been there within the last few years, it's not a bad area- it's just a mall)

Edited by alfaeric

I know that all to well lol. my wife wants a stupid purse or something from a coach store. or something like that we don't have one where we are.

It reminds me the one time back in the day I asked about the Cupcake Cup board on the Oasis and someone replyed why would you pay 2.50$ for a cup cake when you can go to café promedade and get something for free :D

Hi... The Mall of San Juan is an exclusive Mall with stores like Saks, Nordstrom, Omega, Kate Spade, Jimmy Choo, Versace, Giuseppe Zanotti, Coach, BCBG, Soma, Banana Republic, Victorias Secret, and many others. The only problem is that we are still waiting for some stores to open.

If you wife wants something from Coach, this is the place to go, although Macys in Plaza las Americas offers a really good selection also. Another option is the Coach outlet store in Old San Juan.

If you want to have lunch at the Mall of San Juan, my favorite is Bazille @ Nordstrom. The only thing I don't like about this restaurant is that they show the calories of each dish... not a good idea. :)

Have fun!! and Happy cruising!!

Don't see anything else around there on Google Maps or my GPS software.

Looks like you can get there from most areas of town by taking the Metro Express bus (or 21 in the Condado area) to the Sagrado Corazon station and transfer to bus 22 to cross the lake. Cost looks like $1.50 each with the transfers.

Hi... The Mall of San Juan is an exclusive Mall with stores like Saks, Nordstrom, Omega, Kate Spade, Jimmy Choo, Versace, Giuseppe Zanotti, Coach, BCBG, Soma, Banana Republic, Victorias Secret, and many others. The only problem is that we are still waiting for some stores to open.

If you wife wants something from Coach, this is the place to go, although Macys in Plaza las Americas offers a really good selection also. Another option is the Coach outlet store in Old San Juan.

If you want to have lunch at the Mall of San Juan, my favorite is Bazille @ Nordstrom. The only thing I don't like about this restaurant is that they show the calories of each dish... not a good idea. :)

Have fun!! and Happy cruising!!

Thank you so much for your help I really appericate your imput. I know I get some heat but my wife really wants a Coach purse from the store which they don't have at the outlets :) AFter that really looking forward to checking out San Juan

Don't see anything else around there on Google Maps or my GPS software.

Looks like you can get there from most areas of town by taking the Metro Express bus (or 21 in the Condado area) to the Sagrado Corazon station and transfer to bus 22 to cross the lake. Cost looks like $1.50 each with the transfers.

Thanks, I know I miss not having google street view in San Juan. That made my trip to Florida so much easier :)

I've been to the Freeport, ME Coach store and have bought some things. I like the Coach store in Old San Juan better. There have been times I got great prices there. If you plan to be in Old San Juan, your wife might like to stop in. It is right across the street from Dooney & Bourke outlet store. :)

As other have hinted at, NO, there is nothing else worth seeing as a tourist around the mall.