Oasis Class Grand Suite with 2 Kids

Hi,

Interested in feedback from those that have stayed in a GS with or without kids. In looking at online pics, it's a nice room, but appears the only bed option is the sofa. We have two girls, 7 and 3 at time of sailing, so not sure it will work putting both on the sofa bed. Is there other sleeping options? Pull down bed?

If not a GS, any other family friendly, budget friendly, suite options on this class?

Also read about new aft GS on Allure, but only 6 of those and they look like they book quickly.

Thanks

Scott

You could always have the regular bed split into two singles for the children and you could use the sofa bed with an eggcrate. Its a full size pullout. Should be plenty of room. Only 1 bathroom. Suite prices only go up from here, there are some family suites, call to price out. We just switched from a side gs to one of the new aft gs on allure

Edited by setsail

Hi,

Interested in feedback from those that have stayed in a GS with or without kids. In looking at online pics, it's a nice room, but appears the only bed option is the sofa. We have two girls, 7 and 3 at time of sailing, so not sure it will work putting both on the sofa bed. Is there other sleeping options? Pull down bed?

If not a GS, any other family friendly, budget friendly, suite options on this class?

Also read about new aft GS on Allure, but only 6 of those and they look like they book quickly.

Thanks

Scott

Unfortunately, no pullmans in the GS on Oasis or Allure. Even if you managed to snag one of the new aft GS's, there will still only be one pullout sofa.

I suggest you take a look at the Royal FAMILY suite.(Not the Royal Suite!) They have 2 Pullmans in addition to the regular bed. They are limited. They are much more family friendly.

We usually travel in a GS and I would not think you would be very comfortable in a GS. It would be a tight fit. In my opinion.

If a family suite is not to your liking, take a look at the Owners suite. It is a bit larger but, you would have to put the 2 kiddos in the sofa bed.

Either way,,,,have fun!!!!!

I'm not certain if the sofas are the same as the one on Freedom.

We had a 17 and 9 year old share a few years ago and they did fine.

7 & 3 should have no problem.

I agree. The sofa bed we had in our GS on Grandeur was definitely big enough for a 7 & 3 year old. Although I agree with PP, I might step it up to OS for more space.

From someone who has sailed with 2 adults and 2 kids in an inside cabin (114 sq ft) on the Majesty......Enjoy the space of a GS.

He, he... Yes. There are lots of people who sail comfortably with 4 in smaller cabins. I am slightly claustrophobic, so even the GS feels cramped. I think it is more the low ceilings than square footage.

I suggest you take a look at the Royal FAMILY suite.(Not the Royal Suite!) They have 2 Pullmans in addition to the regular bed. They are limited. They are much more family friendly.

We usually travel in a GS and I would not think you would be very comfortable in a GS. It would be a tight fit. In my opinion.

If a family suite is not to your liking, take a look at the Owners suite. It is a bit larger but, you would have to put the 2 kiddos in the sofa bed.

Either way,,,,have fun!!!!!

I'll have to call as you can't book it online. Assume it's more $, given larger room. Is price comparable to an OS.?

Price on the cruise for a GS is very good normally look at JS at this price, so thought I'd bump up from a JS.

I believe roll-away beds may also be available. We are in a cabin that has basically a chair that folds out into a twin bed which looked horrible and they said they would order us a roll-away bed that is used in the suites.