Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Carnival gift cards from AARP are available this morning (7/26). Sign in and then select Rewards, Rewards Catalog, Gift Cards, and lastly Travel. It took me awhile to figure out how to get to them. Doing a search does not get you there. I only have 1200 points, so I can only buy one $100 card for $90 - it takes 1000 points to buy one card. I have no idea how I earned those points or how to earn more.

Go back into the rewards for good site and at the top of the page, look under Earn points or something like that. That will bring up a page where you can take little quizzes to earn points. You can take a bunch if you want. They are usually 10 questions and it doesn't matter if your answers are right or wrong, you still get the points.

Carnival gift cards from AARP are available this morning (7/26). Sign in and then select Rewards, Rewards Catalog, Gift Cards, and lastly Travel. It took me awhile to figure out how to get to them. Doing a search does not get you there. I only have 1200 points, so I can only buy one $100 card for $90 - it takes 1000 points to buy one card. I have no idea how I earned those points or how to earn more.

Go down to the bottom of the earn points page and sign up for some AARP newsletters and get points added immediately. If you don't enjoy the newsletters, simply unsubscribe. It is my understanding that if you sign up again, you get the points again.

• 2 months later...
So sorry this happened to you. I only ordered the physical gift cards one time and I worried so much about the scenario you described, I couldn’t sleep. I told myself never again and have only ordered e-cards since.

All ended up fine thanks to AARP and UPS! I still won’t ever do hard copy gift cards again, but they both took care of us and our money was returned. Thankfully the e-gift cards came back just in time for our cruise also.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi All, Has anyone purchased these with a Capital One Venture Card? I am curious if they would show up as a "travel charge" on the statement. It would be great to get the 10% off and be able to use points to erase the purchase.

Hi All, Has anyone purchased these with a Capital One Venture Card? I am curious if they would show up as a "travel charge" on the statement. It would be great to get the 10% off and be able to use points to erase the purchase.
I use my BOA travel rewards cc and it qualifies as travel.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Citi Double Cash might work also. Two percent cash back after you purchase and pay. $100 gift card costs $90 from AARP which costs your Citi Double Cash Card $88.20. Not a big saving, but they add up.

Bob

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Mommawo said:

How much is the subscription to aarp? It’s worth the discounts? And I don’t have to be 50?

It costs nothing to go to the site, sign up and start earning points.  You don't have to be 50.  If you are a member, you can earn more points.

• Like 1

Just now, Mommawo said:

What is the advantage of stock ? How much do you need to purchase? Curious 

You need a 100 shares of CCL (current valued at $57ish) and you receive an On Board Credit based on your length of stay.  It does apply to the other cruise lines CCL owns and international cruises as well.  While paying $5700ish for this perk is expensive, some investment vehicles (some IRAs) allow you exchange funds for individual stocks.  The more you cruise the higher the value is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mommawo said:

How much is the subscription to aarp? It’s worth the discounts? And I don’t have to be 50?

No subscription. No age. I'm signed up on AARP and All State to buy gift cards at 10% off. So $90 for a $100 gift card or $450 for a $500 gift card. Some do surveys and stuff on AARP for points. I just put in the codes they email me for AARP and All State. I'm around 150,000 points on All State and 30,000 on AARP. Each $100 gift card for $90 costs 1,000 points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mommawo said:

What is the advantage of stock ? How much do you need to purchase? Curious 

$50 OBC on short cruises, $100 OBC on week cruises, and $250 on the really long ones. On top of that you get dividends which I believe were $200 last year. And then just the growth of the stock. The 52-week high was $72. I bought earlier this month at $48...so if it gets back to $72 that's $2,400 I'd make. Plus the dividends. Plus the OBC. It's at $57 right now so I've made $900 on the stock already. I have $300 in approved OBC...and dividends will be coming at some point so I've already done well in less than a month as a stock holder.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

No subscription. No age. I'm signed up on AARP and All State to buy gift cards at 10% off. So $90 for a $100 gift card or $450 for a $500 gift card. Some do surveys and stuff on AARP for points. I just put in the codes they email me for AARP and All State. I'm around 150,000 points on All State and 30,000 on AARP. Each $100 gift card for $90 costs 1,000 points.

I tried yesterday, just a FYI as I don't have a policy.  To register, All State requires a policy number and the last four of your SSN.  I tried leaving the policy number blank and entering some random numbers, neither worked as I'd imagine they try to match your policy to your SSN.  So unless someone knows a workaround to register without a policy, they should use AARP.

5 minutes ago, DnellBurns said:

This is incorrect information. You DO NOT have to join AARP to get the gift cards from AARP Rewards for Good nor do you have to be 50 or older. 

Edited by teknoge3k
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I tried yesterday, just a FYI as I don't have a policy.  To register, All State requires a policy number and the last four of your SSN.  I tried leaving the policy number blank and entering some random numbers, neither worked as I'd imagine they try to match your policy to your SSN.  So unless someone knows a workaround to register without a policy, they should use AARP.

You do not have to have Allstate to use the Drivewise App to get their gift cards. I'm not an Allstate customer nor have I ever been (nor will I ever be). 

• Like 2

I stand corrected, I looked it up. 

Who can participate in Rewards for Good? Do I have to be an AARP member?

Anyone over the age of 18 can participate in Rewards for Good by simply creating a free account at AARP.org. AARP members earn 50 percent more points for participating in earn activities. If you’re not a member, you can receive points just for joining AARP and members can earn points for renewing online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

$50 OBC on short cruises, $100 OBC on week cruises, and $250 on the really long ones. On top of that you get dividends which I believe were $200 last year. And then just the growth of the stock. The 52-week high was $72. I bought earlier this month at $48...so if it gets back to $72 that's $2,400 I'd make. Plus the dividends. Plus the OBC. It's at $57 right now so I've made $900 on the stock already. I have $300 in approved OBC...and dividends will be coming at some point so I've already done well in less than a month as a stock holder.

Am I thinking correctly that you have to have 100 shares to get the OBC?  What if both spouses have 100 shares in their name?

Thanks!

• Like 1