Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

$50 OBC on short cruises, $100 OBC on week cruises, and $250 on the really long ones. On top of that you get dividends which I believe were $200 last year. And then just the growth of the stock. The 52-week high was $72. I bought earlier this month at $48...so if it gets back to $72 that's $2,400 I'd make. Plus the dividends. Plus the OBC. It's at $57 right now so I've made $900 on the stock already. I have $300 in approved OBC...and dividends will be coming at some point so I've already done well in less than a month as a stock holder.

Am I thinking correctly that you have to have 100 shares to get the OBC?  What if both spouses have 100 shares in their name?

Thanks!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ski_mom said:

Am I thinking correctly that you have to have 100 shares to get the OBC?  What if both spouses have 100 shares in their name?

Thanks!

There was another thread on this last week. I believe it basically said the OBC is per room so you could just get it once..But if you had two rooms, one in each name, you could get it for both.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

You do not have to have Allstate to use the Drivewise App to get their gift cards. I'm not an Allstate customer nor have I ever been (nor will I ever be). 

You're right however someone stated you could sign up online, I was unable to.  The app itself is called "Allstate Mobile" and attached is the option to select if you don't have a policy

IMG_2279.PNG

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You're right however someone stated you could sign up online, I was unable to.  The app itself is called "Allstate Mobile" and attached is the option to select if you don't have a policy

IMG_2279.PNG

Anyone know if Allstate has ecards? AARP no longer does and I still have not gottten notice of shipment on cards I ordered 5 days ago. Might they give me the number and pin on the phone once they have shipped since they will not get here before final payment on Mon.?

8 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Anyone know if Allstate has ecards? AARP no longer does and I still have not gottten notice of shipment on cards I ordered 5 days ago. Might they give me the number and pin on the phone once they have shipped since they will not get here before final payment on Mon.?

I don't think that anyone offers the ecards any longer.  Have read that there was too much fraud with them, so they discontinued.  The number and PIN are on the cards, so they couldn't do that.  Hope that they arrive in time for you!  

10 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

AARP is still giving me the option to purchase more cards; be polite and call AARP with low expectations, if that doesn't work, call carnival and ask for payment extension or even attempt to offer a small portion now in exchange for an extension.

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

AARP is still giving me the option to purchase more cards; be polite and call AARP with low expectations, if that doesn't work, call carnival and ask for payment extension or even attempt to offer a small portion now in exchange for an extension.

Agree I would call aarp ASAP and be really kind and explain your dilemma. See what happens if that doesn’t work call Carnival and explain it to them.   All you can do is ask ? 

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You might also use the cards to prepay your gratuities if they arrive too late for final payment and you can't get either AARP or Carnival to work with you.  You can also use the cards for your sail and sign account and perhaps go to the steakhouse and or book an excursion or two with them, perhaps buy some bottled water or a bottle of liquor for the cabin.  After you pay for the cruise there is usually lots more to spend your money on.

16 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

So actually purchased $1K worth on Sunday, were supposed to be delivered Tuesday, then changed to Wednesday, and today now changed to delivery for Friday. 🤣  I'm tired of staying at home waiting for the delivery, this will be 3 days of waiting.  I have never had this much confusion on a delivery before.  Hopefully we will both receive our cards soon, 😁.

11 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

So actually purchased $1K worth on Sunday, were supposed to be delivered Tuesday, then changed to Wednesday, and today now changed to delivery for Friday. 🤣  I'm tired of staying at home waiting for the delivery, this will be 3 days of waiting.  I have never had this much confusion on a delivery before.  Hopefully we will both receive our cards soon, 😁.

You can track your package right on the aarp website without calling:
On the Rewards for Good page, click on "REDEEM POINTS" in the lower right corner.

On the page it brings you to, click on 'MY REWARDS"
Under "RECENT TRANSACTIONS" find your purchase. It will say "shopping" on the left following the date. To the far right is a tab that says "DETAILS">

Once on details to the right ofd the item purchased click on 'TRACK PACKAGE". All the updated tracking info should be there!

Once you find this you will never call AARP back again!

37 minutes ago, fl_couple said:

You can track your package right on the aarp website without calling:
On the Rewards for Good page, click on "REDEEM POINTS" in the lower right corner.

On the page it brings you to, click on 'MY REWARDS"
Under "RECENT TRANSACTIONS" find your purchase. It will say "shopping" on the left following the date. To the far right is a tab that says "DETAILS">

Once on details to the right ofd the item purchased click on 'TRACK PACKAGE". All the updated tracking info should be there!

Once you find this you will never call AARP back again!

Yes I've already looked at the site and when clicking on tracking it goes to a blank page, lol.  Actually I'm a UPS choice member so never have any issues with them, (packages delivered almost every other day), so I'm thinking the problem is with AARP.  This afternoon the tracking info. showed it got rerouted from another state and on it's way back to my state, 🤣.  But AARP site has no tracking information at all.  I have ordered them many times before from them as well as Verizon when they still sold them, just never had any issues with receiving them.  I will wait until tomorrow for them to straighten it out and then I will call if no delivery.  I just wanted to let the other poster know something might be going on with shipments sent out this week.  Thanks for the info.

This may have been stated already, but if you can't have anyone home to sign (due to purchasing the $500 GCs), even before its supposed to be delivered you can change it to pickup at the UPS facility.  It works out for me since no one is home at place during business hours.

Also, just a datapoint, I ordered the evening of 1/29, says its shipped 1/30, I click on "track shipment" and neither the USPS or UPS shipments are yet populated to tracking numbers or any tracking data.

48 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

This may have been stated already, but if you can't have anyone home to sign (due to purchasing the $500 GCs), even before its supposed to be delivered you can change it to pickup at the UPS facility.  It works out for me since no one is home at place during business hours.

Also, just a datapoint, I ordered the evening of 1/29, says its shipped 1/30, I click on "track shipment" and neither the USPS or UPS shipments are yet populated to tracking numbers or any tracking data.

Yes I'm aware, unfortunately I live in a rural area that is about an hour away from a UPS facility, lol.  I work from home so I'm here whenever I schedule it, just this week I do have other things I need to get done away from home.  Like I said this is the first time I have ever had any problems with a delivery.  With my UPS tracking it stated it was at my nearest UPS destination on Monday, which normally means they would deliver next day being Tuesday.  But for some reason it says it left the state (NC) and went to (TN) and is now coming back thru Asheville (NC) otw to RTP area which is my delivery zone.  :classic_wacko:  I'm totally confused at this route considering it started in (OH).  But I'm sure it will be here tomorrow, fingers crossed.  Thanks for all the input.

I just joined AARP and want to get the 10% off of gift cards for my cruise. Do i just call AARP? I am worried i may not do it right and get screwed. I want to do the 500 gift card for 450.00 and that is alot of money if i dont do it right. Do i have to use my  poiints that i have acrued to get that? And i did see where someone was waiting on the cards to get to them so that kinda scares me. I dont mean to act DUMB, but ummmm well maybe i am. LOL

2 minutes ago, BAMAMOMOF3 said:

I just joined AARP and want to get the 10% off of gift cards for my cruise. Do i just call AARP? I am worried i may not do it right and get screwed. I want to do the 500 gift card for 450.00 and that is alot of money if i dont do it right. Do i have to use my  poiints that i have acrued to get that? And i did see where someone was waiting on the cards to get to them so that kinda scares me. I dont mean to act DUMB, but ummmm well maybe i am. LOL

You do not have to join AARP or be an AARP member to get their 10% off gift cards. No, you do not call anyone. You do it on their website at https://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good/ 

I have a step by step tutorial here http://www.love2cruise.org/gift-cards

3 minutes ago, BAMAMOMOF3 said:

You do not need to call AARP.  You order the gift cards on their website. The $500 gift card will cost you $450 plus 5,000 points. You won’t do it wrong, it’s just like ordering anything else online.

3 minutes ago, BAMAMOMOF3 said:

BAMAMOM0F3 - You have to go into Rewards For Good to get to the gift cards so you can place your order.  The $500 gift cards (for $450) do "cost" you 5,000 points.  You will have to be home when UPS arrives with your cards because you have to sign for them.  I've always gotten my cards within about a week.  Hope that helps!

On 1/30/2019 at 11:08 PM, 2wheelin said:

Yes allstate rewards has the ecards in $100 and $500. I just checked

19 minutes ago, jwcruise1 said:

Yes allstate rewards has the ecards in $100 and $500. I just checked

That is odd because the only option mine has is "mail" for delivery.  jwcruise1, how do you get to the e-card option?

11 minutes ago, jc4me said:

That is odd because the only option mine has is "mail" for delivery.  jwcruise1, how do you get to the e-card option?

Hover cursor over gift cards and there is a link to e-gift cards, click on that the $100 carnival is the one that comes up as featured on mine but you can scroll down and find the $500

15 minutes ago, jwcruise1 said:

Hover cursor over gift cards and there is a link to e-gift cards, click on that the $100 carnival is the one that comes up as featured on mine but you can scroll down and find the $500

Mine used to give me that option, but doesn't any more.  I have bought them that way, but it won't let me any more.  Wonder if there is a lifetime limit on the e-gift cards?  I just have to be sure that I order my cards in plenty of time to have them delivered.

4 minutes ago, jwcruise1 said:

Sorry it didn't work for you, I just bought 2 a couple weeks ago for final payment on our April 4 cruise. I can't wait! It is getting harder and harder to get any work done 😄

We cruise in March and I can’t even adult now 

Data points, I ordered (after business hours) on 1/29 and received an email that they'll be delivered on 2/5.  AARP even allows you to e-sign online ahead of time if you have a UPS account which saves a trip.  I'm going to buy another $100 to cover the deposit for my next carnival cruise (no idea when or where).

Ordered 2 $500 cards on 1/29.  Received notification from UPS that they would be delivered on 2/1, wasn't prepared so I missed the delivery!  Received the cards on 2/2 after I logged on to my UPS account and digitally signed for them.  Certainly wish they still had eCards, but I am totally happy to get 10% off no matter how I get the cards!