"LIVE" - Jewel of the Seas - 16 May 2015 - Royal returns to the West Coast

Sea View, not Sky View. I read back to see what it was called [emoji15], I guess I should have done that before asking the question lol.

Seaview is a food venue that has been complimentary until very recently, when it's been reported that there is now some sort of $10 charge for a burger late night. Here is the menu, before the extra charge item:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30226916&postcount=5

Thanks for the preview, we're sailing Oct 3rd as well. This got us more excited and now we want to do a night time Alcatraz tour. I had no idea that was an option!!

We were looking forward to the night tour on our 9/18 cruise but unfortunately it is only available on Thursday thru Monday nights!

Just my luck our overnight in San Francisco is Tuesday/Wednesday so we will have to settle for the day tour.

We're still looking forward to it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ace1zoe2

Actually I don't care if you agree or disagree, l asked this not become a battle of opinions but not surprising you didn't listen.

I'll do a recap of the cruise when we get home. Enjoy your day.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Please just ignore those posts and keep posting if you have the time and desire. Some of us are really interested in what you are posting since we are doing similar itineraries this fall on the Jewel.

I would love to see what you are doing in Astoria since we haven't decided on plans for that port yet.:)

I also agree with the others, your wife looked stunning in her formal attire!

Hi Bill and Marie,

I'm enjoying your live report and all of the beautiful pictures. I hope that you have a wonderful time visiting Butchart Gardens during your port stop today in Victoria, BC. We are planning to visit the gardens during our September Pacific Coastal cruise. Enjoy your last night on the ship, too!

:) Mary

Please just ignore those posts and keep posting if you have the time and desire. Some of us are really interested in what you are posting since we are doing similar itineraries this fall on the Jewel!

I agree. As someone who has followed many of your live reports before, I look forward to your daily updates and photos. Please keep them coming!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It appears that the Celebrity Solstice is also arriving late into Victoria today and you are coming up on her to the port side now and should pass her shortly if the information on marine traffic is correct.

The Solstice seems to have been scheduled to arrive at 6 AM today.

Hi there, we are on the Pacific Costal Cruise, sailing on October 3rd. We can't wait to sail on the Jewel. One of the first things I do when I wake up is to check to see if you have posted anymore pictures or notes. Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into this thread. Keep it coming! Cheers, Jan

Bill...

Oh where...Oh where, have Bill's live posts gone? I agree with the others. You write a GREAT live review and I am always looking for your updated posts.

Please keep them coming!! I sure hope Kurt and I get to meet you guys on a cruise in the near future. I'll buy you and Marie a drink. Heck, during the Diamond - Pinnacle hours, I'll even buy you guys 2 drinks. :D

Jackie

Bill...

Oh where...Oh where, have Bill's live posts gone? I agree with the others. You write a GREAT live review and I am always looking for your updated posts.

Please keep them coming!!

I'm missing the further adventures of Bill & Marie as well -

Don't let the TROLLS get you, they're always going to be around, ignore them and move on

Edited by corky441

Bill, I'm an avid fan of your posts and have read all of your live posts. Our cruising is on hold currently as we deal with dh's unexpected heath issue. :( Your live posts have been a most welcomed highlight for that reason. :) Hoping you are enjoying your cruise.

My apologies for allowing several individuals on here to drag me down to their level. Usually I ignore the noise. :rolleyes:

So let me see, where did I leave off. Oh yeah, we were on our second day in San Francisco. As has already been reported the ship had some engine problems. We could have gotten underway on time as the issue was with redundant systems. But the captain would not leave without that redundant system running which is a wise move. We did enjoy the show that night in the Coral Theater which was the Royal Caribbean Singers & Dancers in West End to Broadway.

Day five was a quiet day at sea as we headed up the coast at 20 knots so we could get to Victoria by tomorrow evening. It was the second formal night, giving us a chance to dress up again.

That night we went to the Headliner show which was Bowzer and the Stingrays. Yes it was Bowzer from the 60s/70s group Sha Na Na. It was much more entertaining than I thought it would be. Yes he is older (aren’t we all) and yes it is thicker (aren’t we all). But the voice and energy was still there and what a surprise to find he is classically trained at the piano.

We heard the next morning that one of our friends was the star of the show in the early show, too bad we were at the late show. (way to go Dee!). :D

Day six found us still transiting north to Canada. With that late arrival in Victoria our excursion to Butchart Gardens was moved to 6:30pm. Unfortunately we had to cancel and Marie had strained her neck making it difficult to rotate her head so we thought it was best not to take her out in the cold evening air.

We did find so activities to partake in during the day. Marie brought me along for several demonstrations in the Centrum. The first was a towel folding demonstrations, lots of great animals.

17363858843_626231a61d_b.jpg

17363858523_5c25363634_b.jpg

17796514488_24a6811dfc_b.jpg

The second was listed as a cooking demonstration but no actual cooking happened. Instead they spoke about the cooking staff; we were introduced to the chefs that were responsible for all aspects of our meals. Meats, sauces, vegetables, soups, desserts, bakery were just some of the areas covered. They also demonstrated how they taste samples of all the offerings to ensure they are up to what they expect.

17981222582_a078879bbb_b.jpg

Because of the change in time for our port visit to Victoria, the farewell show time was switched to 3 in the afternoon. A little singing & dancing, a little comedy and a little magic and a parade of flags and staff at the end.

17985116261_1c90ac1f40_b.jpg

17981230992_1f8c400616_b.jpg

17985118941_5bab7433a4_b.jpg

This morning our disembarking of the ship was flawless. We had tags 29 which listed a 9:30 time for leaving but we were off the ship and in our rental car with luggage by 9:45. We have cruised out of Vancouver before but this was the first time we had ended here.

Those previous trips we used a charter bus (Quick Shuttle) to get from Seattle to Vancouver. But with the various stops to pick up people along the way and having to get off the bus with our luggage at the border I really did not want to go through that again. So I began looking at the option of a rental car and found that Alamo had a rental car desk right there at the pier.

17957954986_2918988409_b.jpg

The service at the desk was fast; one of the employees took us to the car, assisted with the luggage and had us on our way in about 15 minutes. There was only one elevator working and there was a lengthy line so he even carried our luggage down the stairs to avoid that delay. We were home by 2:15 and ready to start the laundry.

17957955616_e3ba9dde0d_b.jpg

We were unable to participate in either of our excursions but we still had a very enjoyable cruise. Though some will scoff we do actually think any day on a cruise is better than a day at work. We had a great time with old friends and made many new friends that we look forward to spending time with again in the future.

Thank you Bill for bringing us all the way home. I've followed several of your live reports. Glad you got past the temporary interruption and enjoyed your trip in spite of missing excursions-you'll just have to do a do-over!

My apologies for allowing several individuals on here to drag me down to their level. Usually I ignore the noise. :rolleyes:

So let me see, where did I leave off. Oh yeah, we were on our second day in San Francisco. As has already been reported the ship had some engine problems. We could have gotten underway on time as the issue was with redundant systems. But the captain would not leave without that redundant system running which is a wise move. We did enjoy the show that night in the Coral Theater which was the Royal Caribbean Singers & Dancers in West End to Broadway.

I was just at trivia and learned the sha na na was a band that perodoremd at Woodstock.