Sea Princess .. World Cruise 2015

I just checked out the Bay of Biscay forecast, very gentle, 2 metre seas.

Le Havre is great for a visit to Honfleur, the old port.

Lets hope it stays that way for them...they are right in the middle of it as I post..:D

xglhj7.jpg

They are now crossing the English Channel to Southampton . It will be a big changeover day for some of them. It will also be another busy day in Southampton with 4 cruise ships in town.

in Southampton on 12/07/2015

M/S Adonia........................ 710

M/S Explorer of the Seas...3,114

M/S Sea Princess .............1,950

M/S Ventura ....................3,080

4 Ships ...........................8,854 passengers

Which terminal, Ocean Terminal or Mayflower? I think Princess uses Mayflower, one we went to. 700 getting off and 700 getting on apparently. I note Adonia does not have the new P&O paint job as she is being sold.

Edited by NSWP

Which terminal, Ocean Terminal or Mayflower? I think Princess uses Mayflower, one we went to. 700 getting off and 700 getting on apparently. I note Adonia does not have the new P&O paint job as she is being sold.

I am not sure of the Terminals in Southampton . It looks like Sea Princess is at the one used by Cunard . At least thats the one we used when we cruised on QM2.

21niqo4.jpg

I am not sure of the Terminals in Southampton . It looks like Sea Princess is at the one used by Cunard . At least thats the one we used when we cruised on QM2.

21niqo4.jpg

I hadn't realised just how far the terminals are spread out at Southampton.

Is that the rail line to the wharf where Sea Princess is berthed? I recall being able to walk to the railway station at Southampton, from the ship. I caught the train, then a bus, to the New Forest for the day, whilst my daughter caught the train to London, to catch up with friends.

Edited by MMDown Under

I hadn't realised just how far the terminals are spread out at Southampton.

Is that the rail line to the wharf where Sea Princess is berthed? I recall being able to walk to the railway station at Southampton, from the ship. I caught the train, then a bus, to the New Forest for the day, whilst my daughter caught the train to London, to catch up with friends.

The rail comes on to all the wharves in Southampton.....at least it used to. You would leave London on the "Boat Train" and would arrive at the gangway, or embarkation shed.

As for the Railway Station and Railway Yards they are not there either.......as they used to be.

When we stayed the weekend in Southampton before our cruise, our hotel was the old Railway Station. Southampton was very heavily bombed during the war . There has been a lot of rebuilding and there are very few "old" buildings.

Been reading on another social website that Princess has been busy sending out move over requests for sector from NY....

Full refund, free cruise or cruises up to 50 days, free upgrade and $600 PP for lost airfares!!

Everyone is saying you should take it ... you should take it... but I don't think any of them have ever organised such a big trip... it is hard to give up all those plans and so close to your start date.

Been reading on another social website that Princess has been busy sending out move over requests for sector from NY....

Full refund, free cruise or cruises up to 50 days, free upgrade and $600 PP for lost airfares!!

Everyone is saying you should take it ... you should take it... but I don't think any of them have ever organised such a big trip... it is hard to give up all those plans and so close to your start date.

Its interesting that sector is the most popular. Is it because they get to transit the Panama Canal?

That sounds very tempting.... Would be interested if we didn't have MP booked! Most of the ports after NY we have done or will be doing again over the next 2 years.