Muster stations on Ruby Princess

debs0712

Does anyone know if there is a list for which cabins go to a muster station. I am cruising with my 87 year old mother and our cabins are not on the same deck. I am in D510 and she is in E404.

Does anyone know if there is a list for which cabins go to a muster station. I am cruising with my 87 year old mother and our cabins are not on the same deck. I am in D510 and she is in E404.

When you board the ship you will find instructions for your muster station in your cabin.:)

Midship cabins may be Crown Grill/Explorers/photo gallery.

Forward cabins should be the Princess theater, this may be a better place for you to go together.

If they are different muster stations speak to someone onboard to change to the same one.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Muster stations are on Deck 7 and each station has a letter code "C", "D", etc. This code is printed on the life vests and also shows on the interior of the cabin door. Each muster station has a listing of passengers at their muster station. Staff members direct passengers to the correct muster station by the letter on their vest.

E404 is probably the Wheelhouse Bar or Explorer's Lounge.

D510 is probably Explorer's Lounge or the Crown Grill and these two locations may actually have the same muster letter.

If you wish to muster together see either the cabin steward or the staff member in charge of the muster station. They may be able to change things around.

I have cruised many times. I am wondering if they will allow us to change muster stations to be together since I know that they do a roll call?

Yes they will allow you to change.

No they do not do a roll call.

They do a smattering of cruise card scans as you enter the muster station.

On the last 4 or 5 cruises they have not scanned everyone's card.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

On our past few cruises, they have scanned almost everyone's cruise card. They tried to get people as they came through the door, then they had staff going through the area asking for people who had not had their cards scanned so they could scan them.

• 1 month later...

I am sailing to Alaska in 2 weeks and plan to listen carefully for call for muster. My 1st cruise on Coral Princess was in December 2013. We never heard any announcement for muster. Mentioned it at dinner 1st night, was told there would be a "make up" muster, no one knew when. Never heard call for that one either. Never did muster and when I asked room steward and later activities director, they both shrugged and said not to worry about it. Don't know what I'm listening for - thought an announcement on the public address system - but ...Hoping Ruby will be better experience than Coral.

I am sailing to Alaska in 2 weeks and plan to listen carefully for call for muster. My 1st cruise on Coral Princess was in December 2013. We never heard any announcement for muster. Mentioned it at dinner 1st night, was told there would be a "make up" muster, no one knew when. Never heard call for that one either. Never did muster and when I asked room steward and later activities director, they both shrugged and said not to worry about it. Don't know what I'm listening for - thought an announcement on the public address system - but ...Hoping Ruby will be better experience than Coral.

The announcements on all Princess ships are the same and pretty loud and prominent over the ships PA system with alarms ship wide. It is clear and concise on what you should do.

Not sure how you missed that. :eek:

Muster times are listed in the Patter. So when you board check it out. ;)

We were surprised too. We never heard any announcements in our stateroom - but don't know if any were made throughput the cruise. Maybe we were wandering around outside? Glad we didn't need. Thanks for info. Traveling with my 13 year old nephew to Alaska 7/12 and want to make sure we participate.

We were surprised too. We never heard any announcements in our stateroom - but don't know if any were made throughput the cruise. Maybe we were wandering around outside? Glad we didn't need. Thanks for info. Traveling with my 13 year old nephew to Alaska 7/12 and want to make sure we participate.

Wow...I don't see how you could not have heard it. Seven short blasts followed by one long one. It's broadcast throughout the ship, including the staterooms. We did a b2b on Golden Princess and it sounded in our cabin at the start of the second cruise (we weren't required to attend). Extraordinarily loud. :confused:

We never heard any announcement for muster.

It is almost impossible to not hear any announcement at all for muster.

o There will be an announcement about 30 minutes in advance that is broadcast throughout the ship including into staterooms. This tells the time of the drill and says when you hear the signal sounding the alarm to collect your life jackets and report to the assigned area.

o About 15 minutes in advance the above announcement is repeated, again broadcast throughout the ship including into staterooms.

o At muster time there is the ear-piercing signal (as said in an above post: seven short blasts followed by one long one) and an announcement to get your life jackets and report to your muster station. Again, heard all over the ship including staterooms.

And during the muster drill, the actual muster information is also broadcast in all public areas and into staterooms.

So if you had already boarded by muster time, it is difficult to not know it is happening.

Edited by caribill

As it was our 1st cruise we did not know about the 7 short and 1 long blasts of the horn. We never heard announcements in our stateroom - probably PA system was not working in room. We never heard any announcements. I recall hear some through the door when in stateroom, but by the time I opened door to hear, it was over. I figured they did not want to disturb passengers in staterooms.

Since no one explained what the blasts meant I would have thought then and on my upcoming cruise that it was some sort of internal communication within the crew. I wonder why the steward or the activitiy director did not explasin that to me when I asked about muster and why they just said not to worry. But then that what was wrong with my 1st cruise - for some reason very few of the crew, from captiain on down, seemed to be engaged.

This is why I like these message boards. As someone new to cruising, I can ask questions from those with experience and learn what to expect. I get so much out of just reading what others ask and reply.

What we always do is go down to the muster area about 15 minutes before the muster drill. That way we always get a place to sit. We just got off the Ruby, the muster drill was at 3:30pm, our muster area "D" was in the Crown Grill and out into the photo area. When they called and started the muster drill the Crown Grill filled up fast and the the Photo area was standing room only, shoulder to shoulder people. They scan everyone's cruise card as they came to the muster drill. After the muster drill was over we sat at our table in the Crown Grill until the crowd died down then went back to our room. It was very well organized.

Thanks for the info on the Ruby. Like the idea of going to muster early. I imagine it is quite a feat to get all/most passengers to muster at the same time!

An aside: Are you gping to post about the cruise? Would be interested. We have excursions scheduled at each stop except for Ketchikan and Victoria. Traveling with my 13 year old nephew and we can't decide in Ketchikan if we want to explore on our own and maybe pick up an excursion from an outside vendor. There is such little time in Victoria. Again we're debating whether to explore on own and maybe pick up an excursion or go ahead and make reservation. My nephew is willing to share high tea with me at the Empress since that has been something I want to do and we're not sure how good the combo Butchart/Butterfly gardens excursion will be. We're read many good reviews about the first, but he is wondering if we might enjoy last dinner on ship better than tea. We read mixed reviews on the gardens excursion.

My nephew is willing to share high tea with me at the Empress since that has been something I want to do and we're not sure how good the combo Butchart/Butterfly gardens excursion will be. We're read many good reviews about the first, but he is wondering if we might enjoy last dinner on ship better than tea.

Evening Tea (at the Empress) is also available starting at 7:00 p.m. with the last seating at 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from May until September.

PRICES

May 1, 2015 - September 30, 2015 - $63.00 CAD per person.

• 2 weeks later...

Eagles,

I see that you used the armory parking lot a few years back, based on a posting back then, and you recently took another cruise to Alaska. Did you use the same lot, and did you have any security issues? My wife and I are leaving on the Crown Princess, on 7/25 and still need to make parking arrangements.

Thanks,

Bob W.

What we always do is go down to the muster area about 15 minutes before the muster drill. That way we always get a place to sit. We just got off the Ruby, the muster drill was at 3:30pm, our muster area "D" was in the Crown Grill and out into the photo area. When they called and started the muster drill the Crown Grill filled up fast and the the Photo area was standing room only, shoulder to shoulder people. They scan everyone's cruise card as they came to the muster drill. After the muster drill was over we sat at our table in the Crown Grill until the crowd died down then went back to our room. It was very well organized.

This always surprises us. You are asked that when the alert sounds, you return to your cabin and pick up your lifejacket (or not on some ships), then make your way to your muster station. Will you go to your muster station 15 minutes before a real emergency in order to get a seat?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD