Just a reminderrr

silvercruiser

One more OBC is the Loyalty OBC. The amount is based on the number of cruise credits you have.

21 to 31 cruise credits, you get $25 OBC each cruise.

32 to 41 = $50

42 to 51 = $75

52 or more = $100

You get one cruise credit for each cruise, plus a cruise credit for each time you book a suite plus one eacch time you sail solo. Only one Loyalty OBC per cabin

We have booked our first Princess Cruise so all this is really interesting to me. DH is a Vietnam vet so I had already identified that credit and will apply for that. And I'm checking our stocks! We cruised several times on Holland America. Would those days count as cruise credits? Also, some posts refer to "FCC". What is that? Thanks so much!

Also, some posts refer to "FCC". What is that? Thanks so much!

Future Cruise Credit or Future Cruise Deposit.

Purchase these onboard for $100 each. They take the place of a deposit for the first 2 passengers in the cabin and give the indicated on board credit for the length of the cruise and type of cabin boo ked.

We have booked our first Princess Cruise so all this is really interesting to me. DH is a Vietnam vet so I had already identified that credit and will apply for that. And I'm checking our stocks! We cruised several times on Holland America. Would those days count as cruise credits? Also, some posts refer to "FCC". What is that? Thanks so much!

Unfortunately, your days on Holland America won't count. Per Princess, these are the days that you can count:

*Your Total Princess Cruises and Total Princess Cruise Days may include cruises taken while sailing with P&O Australia or P&O UK. Please refer to your Membership Guide or contact the Circle Desk if you have questions regarding the qualifications of previous cruises.

I think they will let you count your days with Sitmar too, but you would need to ask someone at Princess and have proof of your cruises.

Another way to get a discount, is to refer someone that has never cruised with Princess. I recently referred my aunt. She got $25.00 off the price of her cruise, and I got $25.00 off the price of my cruise for referring her.

Not to brag-and we are not rich but when we heard about OBC for stock --I took some old funds and asked our broker to just put in a bid and if it ever went to 22 buy. Well we were on a cruise and heard some say the stock hit all time low. when we got home Yahoo we owned stock.

So what are Loyalty OBC?? is it day at sea or cruises taken? I don't know this one.

Not to brag-and we are not rich but when we heard about OBC for stock --I took some old funds and asked our broker to just put in a bid and if it ever went to 22 buy. Well we were on a cruise and heard some say the stock hit all time low. when we got home Yahoo we owned stock.

So what are Loyalty OBC?? is it day at sea or cruises taken? I don't know this one.

It's based on your cruise credits. See page 1, post #11, on this thread. That's a really good explanation of how the Loyalty OBC works.

Also if you book a cruise tour,they count that. So a 7 day cruise plus a 7 day cruise tour counts ad a 14 day cruise. Just booked an Alaska trip

As of a few months ago, this is incorrect. Cruise days are just that days based on days spent on a cruise ship. So you'll accrue only 7 days.

Also if you book a cruise tour,they count that. So a 7 day cruise plus a 7 day cruise tour counts ad a 14 day cruise. Just booked an Alaska trip

As of a few months ago, this is incorrect. Cruise days are just that days based on days spent on a cruise ship. So you'll accrue only 7 days.

Incorrect for years. Land portion tour days have never counted as cruise days.

Another way to get a discount, is to refer someone that has never cruised with Princess. I recently referred my aunt. She got $25.00 off the price of her cruise, and I got $25.00 off the price of my cruise for referring her.

How does the referral credit work? The couple that is cruising with us has cruised Princess in the past and suggested this cruise to us. What do we have to do to obtain this credit? Are TA aware of these different options for OBC?

How does the referral credit work? The couple that is cruising with us has cruised Princess in the past and suggested this cruise to us. What do we have to do to obtain this credit? Are TA aware of these different options for OBC?

This referral has to be done before any booking is made (first ever). Once the persons name is entered into the Princess system the referral cannot be done after the fact.

Today the stock closed @ $47.52 so that would be a $ 4752.00 investment....
I bought CUK several years ago when CCL and CUK were about the same. CUK closed on 5/22 at $48.93 vice CCL at $47.35.

Following are the credits we received on our recent 20 day TA on the Emerald:

COMP GRATUITIES INSIDE TO BALCONY 01 19APR15 1 USD 230.00

COMP GRATUITIES INSIDE TO BALCONY 02 19APR15 1 USD 230.00

BTL RED OR WHITE WINE (SYLVESTER) 01 19APR15 1 USD 20.00

ONBOARD CREDIT 01 19APR15 1 USD 25.00

ONBOARD CREDIT 02 19APR15 1 USD 25.00

BZ ONBOARD CREDIT PROMOTION 100.00 NONREFUNDABLE

FZ ONBOARD SALES PROMOTION 150.00 NONREFUNDABLE

MZ MILITARY BENEFITS 250.00 REFUNDABLE

BZ ONBOARD CREDIT PROMOTION 100.00 NONREFUNDABLE

FZ ONBOARD SALES PROMOTION 150.00 NONREFUNDABLE

SZ SHAREHOLDER 250.00 NONREFUNDABLE

Last Summer's Princess Bucket Sale - $500 discount from TA

Edited by billco

The referral credit would have needed to be done prior to booking your first cruise. Here's how it works: 1) Log into "My Princess" on the Princess website. 2) Scroll down to the bottom left corner. You will see a tab "Referral Rewards". 3) Click on "View Details". You will see a screen that gives you all of the information on how to refer someone.

For future reference, if your friends had referred both of you, you would have each received a $50.00 credit, e.g., a $25.00 credit for you and a $25.00 credit for your spouse. This is not an OBC, it comes off the price of your cruise.

As for whether or not TA's are aware of this, some are and some are not. At least if you want to refer someone, you now have the tools to do so. :)

Edited by partybarbie

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='paul929207']Yes, it can be expensive. At 47+ per share, it will cost close to $5000. For that you get 25 cents per share dividend each quarter, so $100 per year.

In addition, you get the OBC. Here it depends on your sailing habits. We have had the stock for about 6 years and have made more in OBC than we paid for it. In addition, the price has doubled.[/QUOTE]

Tip on buying: CCL typically has a big drop around mid-October each year (around $35 for last few years), so if you are planning to buy and are not cruising for a while look at that. After years of having this in a 401k had to switch last year to a non-retirement account and just put in a buy order for $35.5 until it was executed. Check policy of broker if you want dividends to accumulate (Scottrade has a minimum buy of 1 share and the dividend for 100 shares is going to only be $25). Other brokers just use DRIP accounts and any dividends will accumulate as fractional shares.

• 3 weeks later...
We have used our CCL & RCL stock for obc for years. Our money was made back on both these stocks. Of course RCL is a way better performer in the market than CCL ;)

I am still confused about the Loyalty credit. Is it per cruise or per days? We always take longer cruises.

[quote name='getaway101']We have used our CCL & RCL stock for obc for years. Our money was made back on both these stocks. Of course RCL is a way better performer in the market than CCL ;)

I am still confused about the Loyalty credit. Is it per cruise or per days? We always take longer cruises.[/QUOTE]

It's per cruise or cruise credits, starting with your 21st cruise. Edited by Working 2 Cruise

[quote name='Working 2 Cruise']It's per cruise or cruise credits, starting with your 21st cruise.[/quote]

Wow, that's what I get for doing 14+ day cruises instead of 3 day cruises :rolleyes:
We are Elite too and on a 28 day cruise you get one mini bar set-up as opposed to Royal C & Celebrity where you get free cocktails every night. ;)

[quote name='getaway101']Wow, that's what I get for doing 14+ day cruises instead of 3 day cruises :rolleyes:
We are Elite too and on a 28 day cruise you get one mini bar set-up. ;)[/quote]

If the 28 day cruise is just one segment, then that is true. If multiple segments, you should get a new setup at the start of each segment.