Non checked luggage question

Hi, only 2 days until our cruise, so busy sorting and packing atm.

A quick question - for small items of luggage, backpacks etc that we want to hold on to, is there anything that can't be put into these, that must be packed in the checked in cases? And vice versa?

Having never cruised, we are used to airports and the prohibition of liquids over 100ml etc, so would like to be prepared.

TIA :)

If you are bringing wine onboard (2 750ml authorized per cabin) it's better to put it in your carryon bag. But put the wine opener in checked luggage, sometimes they take it from carryon. No consistency in that tho

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They frown on grenades, handguns, trunk-monkeys, dwarves and kegs. Other than that, you're pretty much good to go . . Glad to see you remembered to pack the ATM.

The also frowned upon blenders, coffee makers, hot plates and crockpots.

They frown on grenades, handguns, trunk-monkeys, dwarves and kegs. Other than that, you're pretty much good to go . . Glad to see you remembered to pack the ATM.

As the OP is from UK they should have none of the above :rolleyes:

As the OP is from UK they should have none of the above :rolleyes:

Indeed lol!

The kids are packing their own backpacks, so what I'm trying to clarify is whether standard size toiletries are ok to carry on, rather than bring restricted to the small 100ml amounts.

I don't want to be one of those passengers that you see at the airport, having to bin everything as they forgot that they had to go in the hold.

You will be restricted on liquid amounts on your flight with backpacks, which I'm assuming you are carrying on, not checking, but you already know that. In terms of getting on the ship there is nothing restricted as to size containers. Except you can't have large bottles of booze...but I'm assuming your kids wouldn't be packing those either....

You will be restricted on liquid amounts on your flight with backpacks, which I'm assuming you are carrying on, not checking, but you already know that. In terms of getting on the ship there is nothing restricted as to size containers. Except you can't have large bottles of booze...but I'm assuming your kids wouldn't be packing those either....

Hmm...I best check their bags ;)

No flights involved, we are driving to the port.

Thanks for the replies, can get on with packing now.

If you are bringing wine onboard (2 750ml authorized per cabin) it's better to put it in your carryon bag. But put the wine opener in checked luggage, sometimes they take it from carryon. No consistency in that tho

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't you have them open it for you? I'm cruising after 16 nights in Italy and I'd hate to have to carry this around.

Can't you have them open it for you? I'm cruising after 16 nights in Italy and I'd hate to have to carry this around.

Yes, the restaurant or bar staff will open wine bottles for you.

Yes, the restaurant or bar staff will open wine bottles for you.

Or you can ask your cabin steward for a corkscrew which they will gladly provide (don't forget to ask for glasses also if you would like to drink your wine in your cabin).

Steve

When you on Explorer ? were on June 3 rd I might be arrested for being a drug smuggler, I pack so much over the counter medication just in case. lol lol The beauty of going from Southampton is you can take what you want without the restrictions of airport travel.. Have a great cruise.

When you on Explorer ? were on June 3 rd I might be arrested for being a drug smuggler, I pack so much over the counter medication just in case. lol lol The beauty of going from Southampton is you can take what you want without the restrictions of airport travel.. Have a great cruise.

We get off on 3rd June, so we're the cruise before you. :)