Ncl Official Cruise attendance thread lol

motleyfan

It just feels like all the cruisers that post negative things couldn't possibly be Norwegian cruisers because if they hated it so much wouldn't they leave?

Consider this: some of us are saddened to see the way that NCL is moving and are expressing our displeasure and dismay at this negative turn of events (in our opinion of course). (I admit to being an ex-cheerleader for NCL - I would not recommend anyone to them whilst they screw around with the product willy-nilly).

I, for one, have voted with my Pounds Sterling and made my views clear as to what is happening at NCL.:mad:

It just feels like all the cruisers that post negative things couldn't possibly be Norwegian cruisers because if they hated it so much wouldn't they leave?

As with any lines forum people complain... you can't please everyone.

We've been on 4 NCL cruises so far:

Norwegian Sea 2001, inside cabin (before we had children)

Norwegian Dawn 2004, oceanview cabin (before we had children)

Norwegian Spirit 2006, inside cabin with an 18-month-old baby

Norwegian Jewel 2011, 2 connecting oceanview cabins with two children, ages 6 and 4 (My little one was the best souvenir we ever brought home from a cruise. He was born 9 months after our cruise on the Spirit...lol)

And booked on the Breakaway in July to Bermuda. 2 connecting inside cabins with two children, ages 10 and 8. :)

Edited by bangzoom6877

6 cruises and I'm deeply saddened that I do not have one booked this year. I'm annoyed by the changes but would have to see first hand how it may or may not affect me. If I hit the lottery tomorrow I would be booking a cruise with NCL.

Lol what you will find is most of us are very frequent cruisers of NCL why else would be here? :eek:

I'm here because I have my first NCL cruise booked. I don't think I'm the only one, am I?

Lately on Ncl forums I've noticed people saying things like I never Cruise Ncl but so it made me wonder how many people who post in the Ncl forums have actually been on NCL cruise? it still counts if you have not been on an NCL cruise but have one already booked.

6 NCL cruises: 1 on Norway, 2 on Sky, 2 on Pearl, 1 on Gem

Lately on Ncl forums I've noticed people saying things like I never Cruise Ncl but so it made me wonder how many people who post in the Ncl forums have actually been on NCL cruise? it still counts if you have not been on an NCL cruise but have one already booked.

I have been on 2 NCL cruises. The Epic and the Sun. I return to the Sun for Alaska this summer and then will no longer sail NCL after that cruise and my experiences with NCL and the recent changes are why NCL went from mediocre to crap. If I had not already made final payment for my Alaska cruise I probably would have cancelled that one as well but my mother didn't raise a fool that throws money out the window.

3 cruises currently booked on RCCL, Carnival, Carnival, and looking into a Celebrity for the first time in 2017. Of course, once this Alaska cruise is over there will be no need for me to read the NCL boards anymore so you won't have to read my posts here after this summer.

Edited by Out to sea!

9 NCL Cruises Completed

1 NCL Freestyle Cruise Reward

0 NCL Cruises Booked

3 Completed on Other Cruise Lines

2 Booked on Other Cruise Lines

Consider this: some of us are saddened to see the way that NCL is moving and are expressing our displeasure and dismay at this negative turn of events (in our opinion of course). (I admit to being an ex-cheerleader for NCL - I would not recommend anyone to them whilst they screw around with the product willy-nilly).

I, for one, have voted with my Pounds Sterling and made my views clear as to what is happening at NCL.:mad:

Well said. It saddens me as well. I wish there were some way for all of us NCL expats to get together and compare notes (from an NCL perspective) on other cruise lines. I would be interested in reading about your experience on Princess, and I would have some things to share on HAL and Celebrity.

9 NCL Cruises Completed

0 NCL Cruises Booked

Well said. It saddens me as well. I wish there were some way for all of us NCL expats to get together and compare notes (from an NCL perspective) on other cruise lines. I would be interested in reading about your experience on Princess, and I would have some things to share on HAL and Celebrity.

There is a link in my sig. block to a comparative review 'NCL v Princess' from 2010.

I intend to do similar when I return from the Royal Princess.

I shall be interested to see whether there has been a downturn in their food (as some on the Princess board seem to think).

We have also done ship visits to HAL Ryndam and P&O Oriana (tomorrow actually).

You aren't alone. NCL has lost what goodwill they had with me and if they want to get me onboard they will have to do it with the cruise fare by itself.

Dream, Sky, Sky, Gem, Breakaway (upcoming if NCL hasn't cancelled it)

9 NCL Cruises Completed

0 NCL Cruises Booked

Well, maybe someone should start a thread! I would be very interested as it is very doubtful we will return to NCL. To the OP, most non NCL cruisers who post here do so to ask a question or seeking comparative information.

We have 7 completed NCL cruises, one booked for 2016 with family which we will not cancel unless things continue to deteriorate, and that seems a real possibility. None booked for 2015, and we often cruise twice a year. If we book for this year it will not be with NCL. Will buy no FCCs on our 2016 cruise. If the current pattern continues this next NCL cruise will probably be our last.

Edited by punkincc

I've done three NCL cruises and have one booked on the Escape for next February. I thought I was done with the other cruise lines but after February, I will be exploring all my options before I book another cruise with NCL. That is not to say I had any complaints, but after cruising primarily with Carnival and RCCL, I see more similarities then differences and NCL no longer stands out from the crowd.

So far, I have only been on Carnival, but will cruise the Getaway in 4 days from now. Hopefully it lives up to its reputation because I already have another cruise booked in the exact same cabin in 194 days... (* both solo, and with the UBP promo*)