Stupid food related question.

abqmommyof4

Does anyone who has been on a recent Alaska cruise ( or any cruise really) know if Princess carries "Sriracha Sauce" Hubby really likes it to spice up his food. I don't mind bringing it with me but just want to know.

Already know that they have no idea of what a Green Chile is ( look it up) I will be bringing small packages with me so he can have his green chile cheeseburgers or put it on his pizza.

Thank you in advance.

I have not seen either of those two items on a Princess ship. They may use them in the galley, but it is not out on the tables. Even though I like Princess food, most of it has very little heat(spice). So I think you would be best to bring your own. I have seen people bring their own salad dressing, so I see no problem bringing your own hot stuff.

Does anyone who has been on a recent Alaska cruise ( or any cruise really) know if Princess carries "Sriracha Sauce" Hubby really likes it to spice up his food. I don't mind bringing it with me but just want to know.

Already know that they have no idea of what a Green Chile is ( look it up) I will be bringing small packages with me so he can have his green chile cheeseburgers or put it on his pizza.

Thank you in advance.

Should probably bring it with you. ;)

All the major cruise lines have many different spicy sauces onboard.

The crew use them all the time.

But in most cases, the passengers are allergic to them to just do not like them.

Ask your waiter and he will provide them.

No, never seen it. My wife likes Tapatio and one year she forgot to pack it so we stopped at a store and got a little bottle. You should have seen the funny looks we got going through security to get on the ship. We had to explain it. It was funny.

My boys each brought a small bottle of Sriracha last summer to Alaska. They eat that stuff constantly! I don't recall ever seeing it on board, but I didn't really look because I knew they had their own. It is getting more popular, and I do see it in a lot of restaurants, so maybe Princess will start carrying it too.

We just got off the Corsal. At the lunch Sabatinis converted to Alfredo's pizza I told our server I liked my pizza spicy. She offered chili flakes and I declined saying not hot enough. She then brought out chili oil which was quite nice and very hot and very tasty. They make their own. I'm not as hung up on brand name for food if the results is what I want, and this was quite HOT and very flavorful.

I just got off the Pacific Princess, didn't see any Sriracha sauce (sorry don't know how to spell it correctly). However I only ate at the pizzeria, burger stand, restaurant for dinner, and breakfast and lunch at the buffet.

Sailed from Vancouver to Whittier, Alaska. Sailed 6 nights and got off the ship this morning. I'm in Anchorage as I type.

You should have seen the funny looks we got going through security to get on the ship.

Just don't try to fly with it in your carry on! You could find yourself detained by some over eager idiot with a lukewarm IQ and a TSA badge.

don't need to worry about that. We check our bags. ( i have issues with those that push the envelope with the bags that they carry on that clearly do not fit inside the little box :confused:) besides if I do bring the green chile it has to be checked anyhow because of the size of packaginghttp://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

If you want it - take it. We love our hot sauces and probably 10% of the time they have something that will work, but more likely they won't. In the Dining Room they will usually find something that will work for you. But in the Horizon Court or Trident Grill areas their idea of anything along those lines is Tabasco. You may get lucky and ask someone who also likes those types of sauces - then they will hunt some down, but once that is gone, it usually is gone. The exception of course is when they have the theme lunches/dinners they will have some different types of condiments out that may work for you.

We have always taken our own bottle or two and have never been questioned taking it through security.

Enjoy yourselves.

Take it! After our 31 day cruise last year, my wife said she would take it and half a dozen spices if we went on another cruise. The food in the MDR was well prepared and presented, but IMO the seasonings were "dumbed down".

Thank you in advance.

They don't carry it you will have to bring it.

I would suggest that you and he try the food and its seasoning before you overwhelm it with chilie.....The galley and chefs do some remarkable things and flavors... Treating your dining like a truck stop all night diner maybe short sighted...

Give yourself a chance to discover new flavors foods and tastes....covering stuff with overwhelming condiments Catsup/hot sauce, is short changing your potential experience