30 for 30 deal from June 1st??

$1200 for 4 days..thats crazy....and that's over a 50% increase...amazing SALE RCI is offering....:mad:

They really need to stop playing these games...but I guess as long as ppl are fooled by them, they will continue to play them.....:(

When you consider that we paid less than $500 total for an interior cabin on Enchantment last July, then, yes, that is absolutely crazy!:D

Sherri:)

I'm not quite sure why some think a sale price is due on something that they already booked! True, saving money is always fun but for me, if the fares did not go down on something I have already booked, it means I was able to grab a great rate at the time of booking!

For example... my two bookings during the original BOGOHO, I purchased these over a year ago at prices so low that there has not been any prices drops in any promotional sale in the last year! I doubt that there will never be either. Now my last booking was on the BOGO50 promotion. That cruise dropped $8. But I'd lose OBC and 50% off the 2nd Preimum Bev Pkg. But I'm not disappointed as I really was excited to book all three of these cruises at what I deemed a great price to start with.

There is still some pretty good pricing going on certain cruises! Wished I could book them all. :D

I'm not quite sure why some think a sale price is due on something that they already booked! True, saving money is always fun but for me, if the fares did not go down on something I have already booked, it means I was able to grab a great rate at the time of booking!:D

True. I think (at least for me) that it is somewhat duplicitous on RCCL's part to call this a sale when the price on a cruise we booked before the original BOGO sale for a D1 on FOS for next March (we gladly took the price reduction when the first BOGO was implemented) is now more per person with the 30/30 sale than the total price for the two of us when we originally booked.

Looked at a 3-night Enchantment for next October - was actually going to bite the bullet and drive down to Miami because there's no RCL ship in PC doing short cruises, and the 30/30 "sale" price same out ~$100 lower than a 3-night on the Disney Dream leaving the same day out of PC. We booked the Dream. :)

When RCL's sale pricing makes Disney's regular pricing competitive, there's definitely a hole in the fabric of the universe. :eek:

Edited by orville99

I'm not quite sure why some think a sale price is due on something that they already booked! True, saving money is always fun but for me, if the fares did not go down on something I have already booked, it means I was able to grab a great rate at the time of booking!..........

There is still some pretty good pricing going on certain cruises! Wished I could book them all. :D

You and I share the same point of view. Just like anyone else, I love saving money....but if I see a cruise that is a good price and book it, then my price is my price....I can cancel and rebook a cruise if a new promotion comes along that is better, but what came with my old pricing (OBC and any other perks, might/should be forfeited).

I can't go into a car dealership and buy a car and if the car goes on sale expect that the dealership give me some type of refund.

We looked at our two upcoming cruises -- all the balconies on our Navigator sailing seem as if they are booked, so nothing to see in terms of pricing there....on our Her Majesty cruise our cruise price has gone up $300.....so we are happy we booked when we did.

For our February 2016 cruise, this promo looks to save us about $200 from the BOGO and our friend who planned to book a promenade interior can now book an ocean view for less. It seems like it will work for us so we're probably going to do it.

I have a question: if we see a better price after we book, are we entitled to any price match and if so, how do we apply for it?

How did you go about getting the price reduction information for your cruise:

(1) did you go to the website, do a mock booking and see the price reduction on your cabin category and then call Royal (if you booked directly) or your TA.

(2) were you unable to see any price differential for an upcoming cruise, and still called Royal (just to inquire about a price for a sailing) and then request a price reduction on your current booking (if applicable) or call your TA with the information you garnered.

or (3) did you do something else.

As I read the variety of responses between those who were able to get better prices to those whose cruises were incredibly higher, just curious if some people did things differently from other people.

How would the people who had cruises booked on Harmony (which sounded as if it was not supposed to be included) get the better pricing?

How would the people who had cruises booked on Harmony (which sounded as if it was not supposed to be included) get the better pricing?

When i checked the royal site yesterday i went to the 30/30/30 page, and harmony was not listed as a ship you could choose.

However, my TA found price drops for a number of my friends (we are traveling together on harmony, including with this TA who happens to be a good friend - usually DH and i book ourselves, but since we're in a large group we had her organize it this time), so i checked the price by just doing a mock booking from the royal homepage, and found the price to be a lot lower.

Interestingly, when the TA checked early this a.m., although there were drops for studios, insides, and balconies, the crown lofts were not showing any drop. When i checked a few hours later from the royal homepage, the crown loft price drop was there, so i emailed her back and she checked again and got the same lower price i did. so i don't know if they took a while to load into the system, or what.

It seems that the Harmony sailings are programmed to accept this promo. They didn't raise the prices on Harmony as they did on most all of the others since it isn't suppose to be part of the promo. Hence, the huge discounts on Harmony.

It seems that the Harmony sailings are programmed to accept this promo. They didn't raise the prices on Harmony as they did on most all of the others since it isn't suppose to be part of the promo. Hence, the huge discounts on Harmony.

That explains why the balconies and jr suites on my sailing had dropped by $1000!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No issues with them repricing it?

No, I did not have any issues. I had booked on RCI's website just a few days ago and had not transferred to a TA. I had the rep send me an email with the reduced price noted on the booking.

Cant do anything now.. Says you have to call, wont complete the booking..

Maybe I did something wrong.. The first time, I just priced it using the regular booking method. The second time I tried, I clicked on the more info on the sale banner, and it seemed the price may have been cheaper.. Very frustration though because you cant narrow the search more than "sailing time frame" and "region..ie Carribean etc....

But it wont process it.. Says to call..:cool:

Edited by brn2crz

Our price for Liberty dropped 35.00 pp but we would lose the Celebrate Save discount of 50.00 pp. RCCL is getting wacko with their pricing, but eventually people are going to see through them and go elsewhere.

My son has been considering a quick get away on Enchantment for August. Prices have been a little over $800 total for 2 on the 4 night with an interior cabin. Checked price today, same cabin is now $1200 total!:eek:

I think he will have to choose something else!

Sherri:)

This sure is an odd "sale" to say the least. I checked all our booked cruises and one we were eyeing. Two went down but not enough to offset OBC on them we would lose. One went through the roof, glad we got the steal we did booking many months ago. I just booked Enchantment in August as the rate for the one we were watching actually was slightly less and we got an aft JS to boot!:)

I think the reason prices aren't going down for some is that this is only a true 30% off if you book a balcony or higher. If you book oceanview it is just 20% and 10% for insides.

Under the BOGOHO sale, you got a 25% discount no matter what category you booked. So if you are like me and have an oceanview booked, you are going from what was a 25% discount to a 20% discount. So no surprise prices went up. It is enticing me to thinking about upgrading to a balcony but that would still tack on a nice amount to our total bill and I am not sure it is worth it. I may just wait and see if prices drop even more, we still have an entire year until our sailing and who knows, maybe the upgrade fairy will give me a call.

Edited by BigB0882