Numerous Invoices & 123 Go

leehal

We booked using the Future Cruises office while on board the Eclipse when we were on board in May, we are now on version 12 of our invoice, end payment seems to be changing too.

My understanding of our booking was:-

1 - Free Classic Beverages

2 - Free Gratuities

3 - $300 on board credit

4 - $250 on board credit for current cruise (we transferred this to our next cruise)

We don't appear to have received item 3.

I'm going to ring them today to sort out, no idea why we are receiving so many different invoices! Has anyone else had issues like this?

Hi,

I had the same problem. When I first emailed about it I was told the obc would be added by the Miami office and I would be sent an updated invoice when that happened. As I sail next month and nothing had appeared I decided to phone and it was sorted immediately and I had another updated invoice with the obc showing.

😀

Ohhhh yesss!! With every single cruise we have booked! Our booking is always transferred to our TA as we get a good discount from them, so we actually get the wrong invoice twice over as they can't issue a correct one until X get it right. So far think the highest total (TA + X) is about the 14 mark for a single cruise. Are you noticing a pattern here - that it's UK residents who have responded?? Let's see what the rest of the day brings......

Edited by jonsmum

No this is not just a UK problem. I am equally mystified by the number of invoices that come through - often out of the blue, totally unexpected and sometimes in response to me calling celebrity with a question. What really bugs me is that the invoices rarely seem to show ALL the perks that you may have on a particular cruise in a language that anyone can understand. I understand that things are happening behind the scenes that may generate new invoices but can't Celebrity just make sure that we only get them when essential and also make sure that the Codes have some explanation. I'm sure it would save their call centre heaps of time if the documentation was better

Ohhhh yesss!! With every single cruise we have booked! Our booking is always transferred to our TA as we get a good discount from them, so we actually get the wrong invoice twice over as they can't issue a correct one until X get it right. So far think the highest total (TA + X) is about the 14 mark for a single cruise. Are you noticing a pattern here - that it's UK residents who have responded?? Let's see what the rest of the day brings......

Yes, very common when booking. Previously, I've had pax on the same reservation in different dinner seatings, charged different port taxes etc. - if ever I book now in the UK, which isn't very often, I scrutinise the bill closely.

Jonsmum - I'm surprised you're still getting your 10% discount from your UK TA as I was under the impression X stopped this practice a few years ago :confused:. At the time, there was a big uproar from many TAs and fellow passengers alike. Most TAs turned to OBC, specialty dinners or money off grats as their incentives ;). In our case, that was one of the reasons I started looking further afield to book: losing our 13% was definitely an incentive :eek:.

Weird invoice changes aren't limited to UK cruisers.

I booked a cruise on board and told the FCC staffer "no insurance". My printout showed no insurance. The booking was transferred to my travel agent. Suddenly insurance appeared on the booking form. Luckily he spotted it and it was removed. I actually thought that was a bit sneaky, as if Celebrity did it on purpose, in hopes it wouldn't be noticed. But who knows?

Jonsmum - I'm surprised you're still getting your 10% discount from your UK TA as I was under the impression X stopped this practice a few years ago :confused:. At the time, there was a big uproar from many TAs and fellow passengers alike. Most TAs turned to OBC, specialty dinners or money off grats as their incentives ;). In our case, that was one of the reasons I started looking further afield to book: losing our 13% was definitely an incentive :eek:.

Our TA discount is a perk that is related to our bank account. Not sure how they manage this, but another invoice arrived today from our TA that was weird - the sums add up, so the total cost is correct, but the basic fare, taxes etc were different to the ones on the X invoice. Not going to query it though, as I suppose they know what they're doing, and as I say, the final figures are the same!:)

We booked using the Future Cruises office while on board the Eclipse when we were on board in May, we are now on version 12 of our invoice, end payment seems to be changing too.

2 - Free Gratuities

3 - $300 on board credit

4 - $250 on board credit for current cruise (we transferred this to our next cruise)

I'm going to ring them today to sort out, no idea why we are receiving so many different invoices! Has anyone else had issues like this?

I certainly cannot understand why it would be 12 invoices, but it has been my experience that it takes up to two months to get all the information entered on the invoice especially the OBC. I believe it is done by a different department. I usually book a year or more in advance. It might be quicker if the cruise was sooner. I believe it was the Open Passage OBC that took the longest in my cases.

2 - Free Gratuities

3 - $300 on board credit

We had someting simmlar for our trip in October, initially told that the accounts Dept. had to review the booking and authorise changes and that they were doing this in departure order

After about 6 phone calls got a supervisor who could sort it out and got a correct invoice, with the OBC showing the next day so stick in there

We booked a cruise whilst on board the Eclipse for May 2016 which gave beverage package, OBC for the Eclipse cruise and $300 for the May 2016 cruise.We have a letter to this effect but no OBC showing on any invoice from Celebrity (of which we have 6 to date), though the beverage package is. Our recent cruise (Panama Canal) reached 11 invoices!

We booked whilst on the May sailing where they did the ecallin package. We were told it would take until 29 May to sort the correct invoice and so far the drinks, obc and gratuities are all missing! We purposely brought home e literature from the adverts onboard to ensure it happens. Maybe we will get a new invoice on Monday

Weird invoice changes aren't limited to UK cruisers.

I booked a cruise on board and told the FCC staffer "no insurance". My printout showed no insurance. The booking was transferred to my travel agent. Suddenly insurance appeared on the booking form. Luckily he spotted it and it was removed. I actually thought that was a bit sneaky, as if Celebrity did it on purpose, in hopes it wouldn't be noticed. But who knows?

Are you sure it was X and not your TA that added the insurance? I use several different TAs and I constantly have to have insurance charges removed after the TA's company has added them automatically

Spoke to Celebrity today, they admitted the mistake and promised version 13 would be on its way with the additional $300 OBC added!

Now you have to hope that the perks will be added to your account when you board the ship. Just make sure you bring a copy of your invoice.

I've just spoken to celebrity. If you booked on the 7 May eclipse cruise which had the ecallin booking offer, I.e ocean view and above free drinks, free grats, $300 obc on top of the normal obc, they just told me they started doing the revenue adds but will take up to 30 days and to save money on a call by waiting until end june for revised invoices