transferring booking to TA

Shelly97060

A couple of weeks ago I found a deal on the Princess website that was too good to pass up and I booked it right then and there. I used my FCC to hold my room and a one hundred dollar deposit was required for the person traveling with me. Then this week I called Princess and asked if they would transfer the booking to my TA. The representative said that since I had already made a deposit I would have to send an email in to the princess revenue department requesting that the booking get transferred. I sent the email asking them to move the booking and am still waiting to hear whether they will...

My question for those of you who have transferred a booking to your TA does this sound right or should I call and see if a different rep can do it on the phone? My TA said she had never heard of having to put the request in writing before... thoughts?

A couple of weeks ago I found a deal on the Princess website that was too good to pass up and I booked it right then and there. I used my FCC to hold my room and a one hundred dollar deposit was required for the person traveling with me. Then this week I called Princess and asked if they would transfer the booking to my TA. The representative said that since I had already made a deposit I would have to send an email in to the princess revenue department requesting that the booking get transferred. I sent the email asking them to move the booking and am still waiting to hear whether they will...

My question for those of you who have transferred a booking to your TA does this sound right or should I call and see if a different rep can do it on the phone? My TA said she had never heard of having to put the request in writing before... thoughts?

That's the official policy when there is money on a booking. Have your TA call and see if they can expedite since you've sent an email...

That's the official policy when there is money on a booking. Have your TA call and see if they can expedite since you've sent an email...

This is correct, I think it has been relaxed a tad where the TA can get it done and take it over.

Exactly what I had to do. My TA gave me the instructions and exact Princess email address to send notification to. My transfer was completed by Princess in a couple of hours.

I just booked 3 cruises with 2 different TAs. Used FCC for all 3 at Princess first. Got quotes from the TAs and they took over. No fuss.

But, in the past with a different TA, they sent me a form to fill out and send to Princess before they would take it over.

As with all things with Princess YMWV.:rolleyes:

Just last week Princess advised that it was easier to transfer to a TA when you don't have a deposit on it. They just indicate in the record that you are transferring to XYZ TA and your TA can then call. But if there is a deposit on it, Princess said they require a written release before they can transfer the record to the TA. Don't know if it is a new policy or just the opinion of the rep I spoke to (and she certainly seemed knowledgeable about everything else I asked), but that was what I was told last week.

Princess, like most companies/corporation have a SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) that are to be followed...not that it happens that way :rolleyes:

Princess policy is if there is any deposit made they require something in writing from passenger requesting any change to TA...but the "majority" of the time that we have done it our TA has handled everything...then you will find a Princess rep. that does everything by the "book"....

As previously stated, now that you have sent the email, inform your TA & let them handle ;)

Edited by TLC535

I have always had the TA handle it and have never had a problem doing it that way.

Agreed. I gave him the booking number and he handled the whole thing. Took about two days for it all to transfer over. Just did it this week.

I transferred my booking for my February cruise to a TA and had to send the e-mail since I had already paid the deposit. So it seems that is the correct procedure. Now I never did receive a reply from Princess that it was done. The only way I knew was that in cruise personalizer it shows the TA and if you click on payments it will tell you to contact your TA. Of course your TA will receive notification from Princess when it is done. I was actually surprised as it only took them 3 hours to get it transferred after I sent the e-mail.

Maybe redundant at this point, but, we had booked an Alaska cruise a while back directly with Princess. Use FCCs for the deposit. We did not contact our TA because we were not sure at the time if we could actually take the cruise. Final payment is due on June 9th and it appears there will be no issues for us to be able to take the cruise. Yesterday we contacted the TA and she took care of transferring the booking.

I switched from one TA to another and had to follow the same procedure.

I have transferred my booking from Princess to a TA. The TA did all the work. All I had to provide was the booking number, cruise info and my info. The TA had it transferred to them.

I have also had my booking transferred from a TA that really upset me back to Princess. For that I had to fax a document listing TA name, booking ID, personal information and sign a statement that I wanted it transferred back to Princess and they did it. I think in that case they needed my signature requesting the transfer back to Princess.