Another activity now has a fee

jelayne

For 8 weeks on Reflection classes were he'd in the small theatre next to celebrity central on every sea day for free. I have also attended a class in the seminar room on Solstice again for free. I will try to find a few dailies offering classes without the asterisk.

The general classes offered for free are pretty pointless for anyone with some amount of knowledge of Apple products. If there was an offering that provided more value in terms of knowledge for $10, I would be all for that.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

We attended a few and are of the same opinion. There was nothing for us to learn or that we didn't know about. There was one lady though that was totally amazed when the instructor said that 90% of you battery life means that you have 9 hours left and 80% meant 8 hours. Of course it does since the battery life is 10 hours.

She was dining in Blu as we were and We or iced her telling everyone about the great tip that she learned, the waiter, hostess, people sitting around her. And etc. We would run across her during the rest of the cruise and she was still telling people about the greatest discovery since fire. I think that little fact made her cruise and she would have gladly paid $10 to learn that 90% of 10 means 9. Wonder where she sat in math class.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We attended a few and are of the same opinion. There was nothing for us to learn or that we didn't know about. There was one lady though that was totally amazed when the instructor said that 90% of you battery life means that you have 9 hours left and 80% meant 8 hours. Of course it does since the battery life is 10 hours.

She was dining in Blu as we were and We or iced her telling everyone about the great tip that she learned, the waiter, hostess, people sitting around her. And etc. We would run across her during the rest of the cruise and she was still telling people about the greatest discovery since fire. I think that little fact made her cruise and she would have gladly paid $10 to learn that 90% of 10 means 9. Wonder where she sat in math class.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

It is the little things you learn on a cruise that you will always remember. I love this story!!!!!

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

It is the little things you learn on a cruise that you will always remember. I love this story!!!!!

That story is enough to never take a class on a Celebrity cruise, free or otherwise. Different apps drain the Apple products at different speeds.

iPad/iPhone iLounge classes were free on Reflection at the end of November; and free on both legs of our Infinity SA cruise in December. The ones on Reflection were OK. We went to the first one on Infinity to see what and how the topics were being covered and ended up going to all of them on the first leg ... they were excellent and it was standing room only after the first two as the word got out amongst the passengers. Attendees seemed to be a mix of new and experienced users. Didn't attend the second leg classes as they were a repeat of the ones on the first leg.

Edited by h2so4

Best thing to do is simply wait till you get home and they give better instruction at the Apple Store for no cost.

Great idea for some! The closest Apple Store to us is 4 hr trip including an $85 1 1/2 ferry ride each way.

I think $10 is a bargain compared to $170 plus gas:) Plus the guys on the ship are pretty good and they also have an incredible amount of patience!

happy cruising ����������

I guess I should consider myself lucky. I use Android devices and haven't found a need to attend any classes, free or otherwise. What is so complicated about iPhones that require taking classes to know how to use them?

And as far as that "90% battery life means 9 hours" theory, that is all wrong. 90% means 90%, period. It has nothing to do with how many hours you have left, but how much battery life is left based on the battery's charge state compared to device usage patterns. My Samsung Galaxy S5, an Android device, can last almost 48 hours if I don't use it much, or about 15 hours if I use it a lot. I have never had it run out in only 10 hours, no matter how much I used it. And my Samsung Note 4 tablet lasts several days with normal use.

That instructor certainly found someone gullible to spin a tall tale to that day! ;)

Edited by PTMary

Great idea for some! The closest Apple Store to us is 4 hr trip including an $85 1 1/2 ferry ride each way.

I think $10 is a bargain compared to $170 plus gas:) Plus the guys on the ship are pretty good and they also have an incredible amount of patience!

Wow! Us down south are lucky. We have 3 Apple stores about a 30 min drive. Didn't think that some would not have similar access.Your situation does make the opperniuty to go to the classes a great thing to have on a cruise then.

EW

Another example of more charges. However, you will find some people that will say....

'It is only $10.'

Here is another $10 fee with the Tips and Pkgs increase. The Pub charging $8 for a burger, etc.

Celebrity, you are going to price yourself out. You are not Crystal or any other TOP cruise line. Get Real!!!

What I'm hearing and seeing is that Celebrity is becoming more like some of Royal Caribbean cruise ships with many more pay restaurants or food you must pay for. Celebrity might be looking or calling it self all inclusive. "Don't miss out on our cruise special offer, 123go! All Inclusive." There is a fee of some type at the following restaurants. The Porch, The Lawn Club Grill, Aqua Spa Cafe, Bistro on Five, Murano, Qsine, Tuscan Grille, GastroBar.

I guess I should consider myself lucky. I use Android devices and haven't found a need to attend any classes, free or otherwise. What is so complicated about iPhones that require taking classes to know how to use them?

And as far as that "90% battery life means 9 hours" theory, that is all wrong. 90% means 90%, period. It has nothing to do with how many hours you have left, but how much battery life is left based on the battery's charge state compared to device usage patterns. My Samsung Galaxy S5, an Android device, can last almost 48 hours if I don't use it much, or about 15 hours if I use it a lot. I have never had it run out in only 10 hours, no matter how much I used it. And my Samsung Note 4 tablet lasts several days with normal use.

That instructor certainly found someone gullible to spin a tall tale to that day! ;)

Everything Android is a plus!!

I may be wrong, but I get the impression that the cost of cruises hasn't increased much in recent years. If Cruise lines are looking to cover increased costs, I think its better for them to levy a charge on some activities that not everyone would need/choose, rather than add the costs onto the cruise fair when everyone would be forced to subsidise those activities.

What I'm hearing and seeing is that Celebrity is becoming more like some of Royal Caribbean cruise ships with many more pay restaurants or food you must pay for. Celebrity might be looking or calling it self all inclusive. "Don't miss out on our cruise special offer, 123go! All Inclusive." There is a fee of some type at the following restaurants. The Porch, The Lawn Club Grill, Aqua Spa Cafe, Bistro on Five, Murano, Qsine, Tuscan Grille, GastroBar.

Celebrity has NEVER called itself "all inclusive". They have offered promotions that have certain items "all inclusive", such as the beverage package, or pre-paid gratuities. But if you are fooled into thinking such a promotion means EVERYTHING is included, then that quote by P.T.Barnum about something being "born every minute" certainly fits.

And, they have not taken away and "free" food options, only added ADDITIONAL dining options that have a fee. No one is forced to eat at any fee dining venue. Everything that has always been "free" is still "free". The difference is now you have more choice!

I have no idea why people have such a hatred for more options and variety! :rolleyes:

I may be wrong, but I get the impression that the cost of cruises hasn't increased much in recent years. If Cruise lines are looking to cover increased costs, I think its better for them to levy a charge on some activities that not everyone would need/choose, rather than add the costs onto the cruise fair when everyone would be forced to subsidise those activities.

Be very careful!! You are thinking logically and not emotionally, which is wrong, very wrong! Understanding reality is a character flaw. Ignorance of facts provides a much higher level of satisfaction. It is impossible to find something to complain about when you understand how things really work.

You are going down a very dangerous rabbit hole. :D

Edited by SantaFeFan

Nah! I'm an Apple person and never needed a class (apart from the Mac Pro, don't get me started on the Mac Pro)!

I fully understand the dedication to Apple. I had a G3 years ago and Jailbroke it to customize it the way I wanted it. However, the iPhone is a very good product. Just too costly to buy anything for it. Just read about the new external drive that came out for it. Totally overpriced and too big. They come in 16Gb, 32Gb, 64Gb and 128Gb. SanDisk - iXpand XXGB USB

I fully understand the dedication to Apple. I had a G3 years ago and Jailbroke it to customize it the way I wanted it. However, the iPhone is a very good product. Just too costly to buy anything for it. Just read about the new external drive that came out for it. Totally overpriced and too big. They come in 16Gb, 32Gb, 64Gb and 128Gb. SanDisk - iXpand XXGB USB

I agree and I'm not happy with Apple's business model, but damn them, they produce the best and most elegant products!

Be very careful!! You are thinking logically and not emotionally, which is wrong, very wrong! Understanding reality is a character flaw. Ignorance of facts provides a much higher level of satisfaction. It is impossible to find something to complain about when you understand how things really work.

You are going down a very dangerous rabbit hole. :D

LOL! Happiness is found in accepting the reasonable, including change and human error :)

I agree and I'm not happy with Apple's business model, but damn them, they produce the best and most elegant products!

It isn't difficult to excel with a "one size fits all" model. The problem I have with Apple is that there isn't much variety. They are fine if you don't mind following everyone else who has the same phone. Android phones, on the other hand, offer something for everyone, from basic no frills smartphones to high end full featured devices. It's no mystery why the Android platform dominates over iPhone's platform.

And Samsung's new offerings are equal to or even better than iPhones - at least according to most of the people who review such things. They have higher resolution displays, better cameras, faster processors, and are much more customizable so you can make it yours as apposed to it being just like everyone else's. So I would be careful about that "best and most elegant products" claim. :D

Full disclosure - I have a Motorola device, and my wife has an iPhone, so we give each platform equal business. ;)

Edited by SantaFeFan

I respectfully disagree. Apple's are overpriced and I've always been able to find a cheaper, better product.

I have a Zune mp3 player that is a thing of beauty. When I bought it, it was half the price of a iPod, had more features, included options for additional storage and allowed me to use non-DRM music.