Pinnacle: Cost

zlato

I would appreciate knowing latest cost for dinner (not including drinks) at the Pinnacle on the MS Amsterdam. Wife and I are debating whether to pay for HA promotional packet (celebration of HA anniversary) which includes dinner at the Pinnacle. Since we are booked in a Neptune suite, I am assuming that we will receive at least 1 complimentary dinner at the Pinnacle. The promotional packet is $550 per person (also includes $55 towards internet, $50 liquor card, $800 towards land tours, etc. When I did the math, it appears that the initial cost vs existing suite benefits makes this promotion somewhat of a "wash".

Thanks.

Since we are booked in a Neptune suite, I am assuming that we will receive at least 1 complimentary dinner at the Pinnacle.

Thanks.

Don't assume! There are no complimentary dinners at the Pinnacle included with your Neptune Suite.

Thanks. We are HA 3 star Mariners; however, it has been some time since we have cruised with HA. Obviously, the perks have changed. In the past, we had received at least one comp. dinner due to suite status.

We have never received complimentary dinner for being in Neptune Suite and we have been in them on all the HAL ships but for Prinsendam. I have been sailing HAL in "SA" Suites since before Statendam joined the fleet and never received complimentary dinner just because of being in a Suite. We were guests of various Officers in Pinnacle and they treated us to a lovely evening that was unrelated to our cabin category.

You likely are thinking back to the days of Odyssey and Marco Polo restaurants on Zaandam, Volendam, Rotterdam and Amsterdam. There was no additional charge for anyone in those venues.

You will get 3* Mariner discount of 25%.

Edited by sail7seas

There was a time when the Pinnacle on the first night of your cruise was half off (when the fee was $20), but we have been in Suites on HAL since mid 1990s, and never got a free meal there due to being in suite. Got a Pinnacle as part of the Explore4 package last November on Statendam.

Years ago when there was the Odyssey and Marco Polo restaurants everyone could eat there at least once during the cruise.

Those of us in the PS and NS (what they were called now) could go more than once on a cruise.

Odyssey was on Rotterdam and Amsterdam.

Marco Polo was on Zaandam and Volendam.

Those restaurants were converted to Pinnacle Grills when the whole fleet got Pinnacles added.

We always dined at least 2-3 times per 10 day or more cruise in those restaurants. There was always a Suite Dinner held in Odyssey and Marco Polo every cruise. Those dinners/wines/cocktails were wonderful.

Odyssey was on Rotterdam and Amsterdam.

Marco Polo was on Zaandam and Volendam.

Those restaurants were converted to Pinnacle Grills when the whole fleet got Pinnacles added.

We always dined at least 2-3 times per 10 day or more cruise in those restaurants. There was always a Suite Dinner held in Odyssey and Marco Polo every cruise. Those dinners/wines/cocktails were wonderful.

Never mind -- forget it.

Edited by Krazy Kruizers

Pinnacle is worth any charge.

"Dead cow" is my favorite food, I just got off the Oosterdam (36 nights) and literally had steak every night. I ate in the Pinnacle Grill twice. I don't know if it is worth ANY CHARGE; however, you would be hard pressed to find a better "piece of meat" than the 10 oz fillet mignon served in the Pinnacle. It's was definitely high-end specially steakhouse quality.

"Dead cow" is my favorite food, I just got off the Oosterdam (36 nights) and literally had steak every night. I ate in the Pinnacle Grill twice. I don't know if it is worth ANY CHARGE; however, you would be hard pressed to find a better "piece of meat" than the 10 oz fillet mignon served in the Pinnacle. It's was definitely high-end specially steakhouse quality.

10 oz?? Wow -- I can hardly get through the 7 ounce filet.

The shrimp cocktail is also quite good as the shrimp are huge. For years we bucked at having to pay extra for dinner and leave a tip (in the Pinnacle) but then we were invited for a friend's birthday. Found out what we were missing and now we are advocates for dinner in the Pinnacle now and again!

... recognizing that you are not eating at a Michelin Star-rated restaurant (though it would probably deserve a Bib Gourmand rating if it were eligible for Michelin rating), IMO dinner at the Pinnacle Grill is well worth the price, especially if you have 3*, 4* or 5* discount ...

Does the $29 price for the Pinnacle Grill include the tip, or do we tip too?

... in theory, it does include the tip, but many (probably most) people additionally tip the PG wait staff separately for each meal eaten there ...