Pinnacle: Cost

zlato

That is good for people who are only 1 and 2 star Mariners.

3 star Mariners get 25% discount.

4 and 5 Mariners get 50% discount.

Originally posted by CruiseWhere

We always sail in a NS or an a PS and have never had a Pinnacle Dinner included.

We have sailed in Neptune Suites twice and always had a Pinnacle dinner included. We will sail again in July and a Pinnacle dinner is included with the suite.

Lucky you.

You may wish to verify the source of the free Pinnacle Dinner so you can thank them, if appropriate.

I have sailed over 80 HAL cruises in Neptune or Pinnacle Suite and never had a free Pinnacle dinner for the reason of sailing in that category cabin.

Five star Mariners get two free Pinnacle Dinners, AmEx Platinum members free Pinnacle Dinner and TA's sometimes give a gift of free Pinnacle Dinner. Sometimes there is an HAL promotion that includes free Pinnacle Dinner but in over 80 cruises, I have never had a free Pinnacle dinner just because I was sailing in a suite.

Edited by sail7seas

AmEx Platinum members free Pinnacle Dinner

Not any more. It's just OBC now. The amount of OBC is based on stateroom category. It changed recently. AX Platinum has really cut back on their perks.

• 1 year later...
If you purchase a dining package through the HAL website or via calling Ships Services, the price for the PG is a little less.

Dining Packages

Evenings in the Pinnacle Package — includes two evenings in the Pinnacle Grill. $52.00 per person

Booking the package reflects a $6 per person savings. Package is available on every

Holland America Line ship. Reservation times confirmed once on board.

Signature Dining Package — includes one evening in the Pinnacle Grill and one in $35.00 per person

Canaletto. Booking the package reflects a $4 per person savings. Package is available on every

Holland America Line ship. Reservation times confirmed once on board.

Distinctive Dining Package — includes one evening in the the Pinnacle Grill, one in $50.00 per person

Canaletto, and one in Tamarind. Booking the package reflects a $9 per person savings. Exclusively

on the ms Nieuw Amsterdam and ms Eurodam. Reservation times confirmed once on board.

Can anybody tell us if the Mariners discount is applied after the purchase of the packages since the packages new do four and five. Mariner get a discount credit after purchasing the packages on board hope to hear any information thank you very much

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A portion of the $11.50/$12 per day Hotel Service Charge is allocated to the Pinnacle staff.

Feel free to add to that, or not, as you choose.

This topic of tipping in PG is interesting to me. I'll say right out of the shoot that I am by nature an "extra tipper." But when we dine at PG, we nearly always have pre-booked and pre-paid before embarkation, and when we finish our meal, there is no paperwork to sign and the waitstaff just kind of drifts off, never to be seen again at the end of the meal. I'd literally have to chase around the restaurant in order to hand anybody a tip.

So...it's been my habit to handle the PG staff just like the rest of the staff: At the end of the cruise, I go around "thanking" with envelopes those crew members who have especially enhanced my cruise experience.

(I don't want to open a tipping debate, but the topic of the thread was about the cost of the specialty restaurant. Wanted to share our experience with that.)

Can anybody tell us if the Mariners discount is applied after the purchase of the packages since the packages new do four and five. Mariner get a discount credit after purchasing the packages on board hope to hear any information thank you very much

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lest there be confusion, please note how old some posts in this thread are. Edited by sail7seas

For our first few cruises, I objected to dining in 'for fee restaurants'. But after receiving a free Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto set of dinners, I changed my mind and frequent them often. Our favorite is the Tamarind on the larger ships.

Yes, it is $35 pp.

Getting ready for your cruise? Hope it is the best!!

YES!! And thank you for the good wishes. Leaving two weeks from today, just starting to sort out the packing of all the "little things"... cold meds, sunscreen, vitamins, shoes, snorkel gear.... yikes it mounds up!

We did 16 weeks going to Australia/ New Zealand/ Society Islands/ Hawaii - 3 cruises and 10 weeks of land touring. We managed with one suitcase each (50 lbs) plus a shoulder tote each. How did I do it?? :eek:

Counting the suppers to still prepare, down to 14! Then it's MDR "Here we come!, with a treat night at Pinnacle Grill :D Plus will turn 4 Star during this long cruise, not that it will help us this time around.. but trusting there will be a next time! m--

YES!! And thank you for the good wishes. Leaving two weeks from today, just starting to sort out the packing of all the "little things"... cold meds, sunscreen, vitamins, shoes, snorkel gear.... yikes it mounds up!

We did 16 weeks going to Australia/ New Zealand/ Society Islands/ Hawaii - 3 cruises and 10 weeks of land touring. We managed with one suitcase each (50 lbs) plus a shoulder tote each. How did I do it?? :eek:

Counting the suppers to still prepare, down to 14! Then it's MDR "Here we come!, with a treat night at Pinnacle Grill :D Plus will turn 4 Star during this long cruise, not that it will help us this time around.. but trusting there will be a next time! m--

Maureen

SO nice to hear about your prep. Your enthusiasm comes across loud and clear!

The "little things" drive me crazy and take up a lot more of the luggage space than I ever imagined. Good thing I have a good list, which I add to every cruise.

Too bad you won't be 4 star on this cruise, but that gives you all the more reason to start planning the next! You'll love the rewards, so better book something l-o-n-g!

Having done this cruise a couple of times I am sure you will enjoy it and have the very best time. I've read with great pleasure your reviews in the past and hope you will do one for this adventure, too.

An early Bon Voyage!

Those "little" things sure add up, don't they ;). Scary!

Congrats on the 4*. Have a wonderful time planning and even better time cruising :)

Thank you for the kind thoughts S-t-G and Kazu too! I hope to be able to write a review if not a bit along the way - I have to tell you about our PG dinner and what I chose, thanks to all your input on my other thread!!

I've learned a lot from others who did Pearls and Tales in recent years and brought us along and i"m so glad we're able to do this one. I'm tired. It's been a long year since our last break and this one will be soooo relaxing and refueling before we tackle winter in the high country. But I will miss you all while we cruise:( .... but then I'll be back before we blink and we'll have a lot to share on CC :)

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread on Pinnacle Grill... yummm. m--

Edited by RMLincoln