For how many days do you use the same towel?

Consumer and environmental health agencies recommend to use the same towel 3 times before having to wash it. Royal encourages you to participate in save the waves and re use the towels. For how many days do you use the towel in your cabin ?

Consumer and environmental health agencies recommend to use the same towel 3 times before having to wash it. Royal encourages you to participate in save the waves and re use the towels. For how many days do you use the towel in your cabin ?

Ignore that message and change it everyday.

Change it everyday. I normally sail with a friend and sometimes not a very close one. How am I to know what towel they used after the attendant picks up and organizes?

Edited by Siora7777

Bath towel no more than once. The towels do not dry by the time I need to use them next.

I agree. They don't get dry from my morning use until I need it again to shower for dinner. Replace every time I use it.

In that close environment with no drying air, I'll use a towel once and then want a new, dry towel.

And I live with two fiends who have a weird fascination with taking my towel! *argh* Dry towel is the only way to be sure to not get their cooties!

Bath towel no more than once. The towels do not dry by the time I need to use them next.

That is my answer also. There really is no place to hang the towels in the bathroom or in the room where they can dry and not be a problem. Hanging on the door JUST DOES NOT WORK. They do not want any towels on balcony because of fire danger. And the closet is usually full (and it is hard enough to find a place that the dirty clothes don't smell up the place without having semi wet towels also!!!:D

Usually my bath towel is really wet-- the result of mopping up the floor after the war with the shower curtain (I always lose that one:o) and then trying to see where I am going in the steam -- not great circulation in that little box. Another way the towel is always wet is that I wring out the swimsuits so that they will dry enough to wiggle into the next morning. (wrap suit in towel and twist by stepping on one end of towel and winding as hard as you can. -- camp trick to get water out of suit and off the floor).

Sorry environment -- on vacation the towel has to do more than just dry my big body -- it has to do suit and then floor!:D

I hung up my towel every day and wouldn't have had a problem using a slightly moist towel but the room attendant replaced it Everytime he was in the room. So I had a fresh towel every 4 hours basically. I loved the feeling of a fresh towel but felt kind of guilty for the environment.

This treat is interesting and unfortunately confirms that all this environmental protection efforts and policies on board modern cruise ship are of no relevance and just promoted for PR purpose. Of course I`m talking only about laundry related issues only.

I always try to use towels in the room and outside on the balcony for a couple of times and follow the towel on the floor or back on the rack procedure.

Only in America! I grew up very poor in the country and used clotheslines for drying clothes. I still use a clothesline for my sheets - you can't beat the freshness of wind dried bed clothes! Sometimes, you just cannot take away from someone what is so deep in someone's mind. My mother would kill me if I was so wasteful!

I am clean when I step out of the shower, so hence, my towel remains clean and I reuse my towel about 3 days. I have no problem with them drying in the bathroom, but I do not like a steamy shower room. Therefore, I leave the bathroom door open when I shower.

What a thread! :)

This treat is interesting and unfortunately confirms that all this environmental protection efforts and policies on board modern cruise ship are of no relevance and just promoted for PR purpose. Of course I`m talking only about laundry related issues only..

This is no different than the government's efforts to reduce obesity. People will do what they what, when they want. This simple fact is proven over and over.

At home, my towels dry quickly, so we do reuse for a couple days...we're clean...so is the towel!

On ships and in hotels, there is little airflow in the bathrooms, and the towels don't dry very fast...I alway hang them up, intending to reuse, but the cabin attendant changes them out daily anyway....

I've got to say using a towel just once seems incredibly wasteful, and I commend RCCL for encouraging guests to reuse towels to save water and detergent - both to decrease water use, and pollutants into the environment.

I'll use my towel for two days (which is probably four showers?), before I have it swapped. Also tell the room attendant that I'm happy with the same sheets for the week.