Used an old GOLD key?

Anyone ever tried using an old gold key card from a previous cruise to enhance current sailing?

I brought my old gold key on my last cruise to goto the Gold key area for the deck chairs on the FOS. We were the only ones there and it was so windy we decided that once was enough.

On the other hand i never thought to try other places like Labadee like the cabana area. Any one else try and have any luck.

If you are reading this and decide to flame me, that is your choice. I will love you as a fellow cruiser just the same.

There are to many land lovers who never reach there full vacation potential by not enjoying one of todays most fascinating and relaxing experiences, Cruise ships. Hope I can get some past experience form you all.

Thanks,

Leo

I tried that, but somebody else was already in my suite!

Seriously, call it flaming if you want, but I don't see a reason to work the system. Happy with what I pay for/earn...

What you are suggesting is dishonest and theft of goods and services. I hope if Royal catches anyone doing this they are banned for life!

I agree with this posters comment. That is a pretty low thing to do. If you get caught maybe they will kick you off the ship, That is fraud

Edited by trev71

It does seem like a childish thing to do, but it really would only work for things like the reserved seating areas. It's not like the card will be activated to get you into the Concierge Lounge. I suppose you might sneak into the upgraded lunch area on private islands, if the concierge isn't really paying attention.

The "Gold Key" area of deck chairs has never seemed all that desirable a location on the cruises I've sailed, so the one time I actually had a gold card, I think I used the area once during the week.

OK, I am not trying to go into someone else suite, now what I am asking, is that if you, read closely! have tried to access the suite only perks for instance the lounge chairs or roped off section at the ice show. Nothing as NEFARIOUS entering someones private cabin. Yes, I agree it is against the rules. Something I wouldn't try ever.

Instead of flaming you for your ridiculous idea, I will flame you for your atrocious grammar. I normally restrain myself from correcting people's grammar on this forum as it's neither nice nor appropriate, but you have given me a perfect chance. You said, "there full vacation potential." Yikes! Next time, try using their. There are more errors, but I'll just focus on that one. Baby steps.

OK, I am not trying to go into someone else suite, now what I am asking, is that if you, read closely! have tried to access the suite only perks for instance the lounge chairs or roped off section at the ice show. Nothing as NEFARIOUS entering someones private cabin. Yes, I agree it is against the rules. Something I wouldn't try ever.

If you want access to those lounge chairs or that section of Labadee or the ice show, why not just reserve a suite to begin with? You can then have access to those areas WITHOUT having to lie/steal your way in. Isn't that better?

Anyone ever tried using an old gold key card from a previous cruise to enhance current sailing?

Seriously? I am amazed at how people attempt to cheat the system and are not even ashamed of their dishonesty.

If you want access to those lounge chairs or that section of Labadee or the ice show, why not just reserve a suite to begin with? You can then have access to those areas WITHOUT having to lie/steal your way in. Isn't that better?

No way! That's a lot more expensive.

Seriously, though, I don't really think it would work any better than just sitting in those reserved areas without a gold card. There's not always someone there checking, but if someone does check your card, it won't be hard for them to notice it's from a different ship and/or sailing.

I brought my old gold key on my last cruise to goto the Gold key area for the deck chairs on the FOS. We were the only ones there and it was so windy we decided that once was enough.

On the other hand i never thought to try other places like Labadee like the cabana area. Any one else try and have any luck.

If you are reading this and decide to flame me, that is your choice. I will love you as a fellow cruiser just the same.

There are to many land lovers who never reach there full vacation potential by not enjoying one of todays most fascinating and relaxing experiences, Cruise ships. Hope I can get some past experience form you all.

Thanks,

Leo

We haven't met, but I think I've heard about you. Are you the cruiser that carried the blue handicap placard (used for automobiles) and used it to get priority tender to get back on the ship?

Like using like twice in same sentence and to instead of too?

It is really funny when people start with the grammar posts, I would like to buy a verb.:rolleyes:

Back on topic, OP, you will not get away with using the old gold sea pass for long. Yes, you might get a reserved seat in the theater or a lounge chair in the wind, but access to a suite only beach will only lead to embarrassment when the concierge notices unfamiliar faces.

It is really funny when people start with the grammar posts, I would like to buy a verb.:rolleyes:

Back on topic, OP, you will not get away with using the old gold sea pass for long. Yes, you might get a reserved seat in the theater or a lounge chair in the wind, but access to a suite only beach will only lead to embarrassment when the concierge notices unfamiliar faces.

Exactly. The concierge knows who the gold card holders are. That's part of their job.

What you are suggesting is dishonest and theft of goods and services. I hope if Royal catches anyone doing this they are banned for life!

I agree it's wrong and I hope anyone who tries gets caught and punished (keel-hauled?:D), but I don't know that using the card to get to special seating areas qualifies as 'theft'.

Flame no! Burning at the stake is even too good! Why would you feel driven to do such thing? In my opinion a perfect example of erosion in the basic morals of today's society.

If I continue my comments won't be politically correct!

Thanks all,

I'm ending this now, those who have flamed me I am no dummy (maybe, i can not use proper grammar) and expected such.

As far as Good time Cruizn, I apologize. My comments were passionate and should have stayed in my own mind not wound up on an anonymous web site.

To all, good day.

All questions were answered.