Triumph/passengers left in Cozumel

brtls5

Just off the triumph this am. We were in Cozumel on Saturday. It was clear that a passenger was missing some of his party. He looked very distressed on the pier. Does anyone know what happened? Did some passengers get left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure. However, we were in Cozumel on last Thursday and there were 2 Carnival ships in port docked next to each other, the Paradise and Freedom. We were on the Freedom and watched a bunch of drunks go back to the Paradise chanting USA, USA, USA! I was LMAO.

Cozumel is my absolute favorite port for watching the "Pier Runners". There are ALWAYS a few, and sometimes a BUNCH! As noted above, for some reason, folks really seem to get "BLASTED" at that port, and forget what time it is. :confused:

"SKY"

Yes Cozumel is a good port for watching pier runners. I do however feel for the fellow that OP is describing, especially if the missing passengers were family! It must have been hell getting back on board and possibly leaving some one behind. Still they may have made it..we just don't know, maybe never know.

Just off the triumph this am. We were in Cozumel on Saturday. It was clear that a passenger was missing some of his party. He looked very distressed on the pier. Does anyone know what happened? Did some passengers get left?

Did you hear repeat announcements for someone to go to Guest Services or dial 7777?

I have often wondered, do the bars in the cruise terminal make any attempt to chase out cruise passengers? Is there a last call, announcement or anything?

Don't the cruise lines control the cruise terminals? I can't imagine they would be very happy with a bar that makes a habit of creating pier runners or even worse, people missing the ship.

It may not be Carnival's fault, but you still don't want a bunch of people going home complaining about missing the ship because they were at a bar 200 feet away.

I have often wondered, do the bars in the cruise terminal make any attempt to chase out cruise passengers? Is there a last call, announcement or anything?

Don't the cruise lines control the cruise terminals? I can't imagine they would be very happy with a bar that makes a habit of creating pier runners or even worse, people missing the ship.

It may not be Carnival's fault, but you still don't want a bunch of people going home complaining about missing the ship because they were at a bar 200 feet away.

Here's an idea---take responsibility for your own actions.

Not Carnival--Not the 3 Amigos--No one else should even be considered to be responsible.:rolleyes:

Not Carnival--Not the 3 Amigos--No one else should even be considered to be responsible.:rolleyes:

That's nice.

Now back to the question. Do the bars make any effort to chase out the cruise passengers?

That's nice.

Now back to the question. Do the bars make any effort to chase out the cruise passengers?

Due to a storm, there were some carnival tenders late getting back and I know there were some drunks who kept jumping off the tender boat coming back from Belize who kept telling them they would leave them. They said, "you don't understand, we don't get sued here, we will leave you".

Personally, I've never been in port so close to taking off so I can't say.

That's nice.

That is all they have, their livelihood, of course they do not run them off, just like they do not tell them to stop drinking, who is responsible for getting back on the ship? They also do not tell them to buy trip insurance.

Edited by texast518

I don't think it's the bar's responsibility to send patrons back to the ship. I suppose that if the only patrons there are cruisers and all ships in port leave at the same time, it would be nice if they made a quick announcement to remind people that the ship is leaving soon. Also, ship time is not always the same as local time - don't know if the bar staff knows what ship's time is for each ship. IDK, I just think if you're responsible enough to take a cruise you should be responsible enough to get back to the ship on time. Of course, having an issue with a tour coming back late is an entirely different story.

I am not suggesting by any means that Carnival should do this, but at a port like Cozumel; I wonder if it would not be a good idea to have a team of staff go down to the port area/Puerta Maya, and make some announcements, blow a horn or two or three, scout out those three amigo places, to "remind" some people that they are about to be left behind. Again...I know..not Carnival's responsibility, but I am thinking about the poor distraught guy on the pier, and how he must have felt knowing that some of his buddies or family were going to be left behind in a foreign country, and to have to make their own way back home. Often the ship blows a horn a few times too...I just feel bad for that poor guy standing on the pier looking for his buddies/family.:o

That's nice.

Are the bars supposed to keep a list of which ships are in port on any given day and to know the times of departures?

If they did I guess you want them to keep making announcements all afternoon?

No the bars are not owned or controlled by the cruise lines.

Like the above [poster said, take responsibility for your actions.:)

Bill

When we were on the Enchantment last year the captain announced that some crew members went to Senior Frogs in Nassau to round up the last of the missing spring breakers.

The Captain sounds the ship's horn , usually several times. It is unmistakable.

ABSOLUTELY, 100% RIGHT! I have never even come close to missing the ship. Always back at least 1/2 hour before I am told to. I am anal about following rules and regulations. Never know what might happen and it is all preventable. Yet these people who do it want Carnival (or whatever cruiseline) to take responsibility.