Beverage package question

Drewgirl

Since the beverage package can be purchased by only one person in a cabin, what's to stop a couple from buying one package and both partaking? How do they keep track of who's actually drinking?

:D

We're not interested in it anyway, but I was thinking paying for one person makes it much closer to reasonable if you split the intake between two.

I've only ever seen it sold to all adults in a cabin before.

Aside from honestly, you cruise card is swiped for each drink, and it will show picture and whether you have a package. This is used for both inventory control and to monitor cheating, to some extent. Ie, if there's a pattern of two different drinks within a few minutes of each other over and over again, it raises a red flag, and so on....I have seen folks cut off for sharing, when a bartender notes someone ordering then passing it off to someone with no package and calling security to watch.

Basic honest would stop me though.

Aside from honestly, you cruise card is swiped for each drink, and it will show picture and whether you have a package. This is used for both inventory control and to monitor cheating, to some extent. Ie, if there's a pattern of two different drinks within a few minutes of each other over and over again, it raises a red flag, and so on....I have seen folks cut off for sharing, when a bartender notes someone ordering then passing it off to someone with no package and calling security to watch.

Basic honest would stop me though.

The bar station POS registers don't show the passenger's picture...

Since we're on this topic again, let me ask a different question. I am considering getting the all inclusive drink package, but my husband is not interested in it; however, he does enjoy wine with dinner. Would it be legit for me to order a bottle of wine at dinner using my 40% discount but only having him drink from the bottle? If I wanted a glass of wine, I would use my card to get wine by the glass (under $10) which is included in my all inclusive card. Not trying to cheat the system, just make the most economical choice for our personal preferences.

Since we're on this topic again, let me ask a different question. I am considering getting the all inclusive drink package, but my husband is not interested in it; however, he does enjoy wine with dinner. Would it be legit for me to order a bottle of wine at dinner using my 40% discount but only having him drink from the bottle? If I wanted a glass of wine, I would use my card to get wine by the glass (under $10) which is included in my all inclusive card. Not trying to cheat the system, just make the most economical choice for our personal preferences.

That might be a problem. You will have to present your cruise card with the sticker to order the bottle in order to get the 40% discount. You would then have to present it again to get the glass of wine.

Would you get away with it? Possibly, but as others have mentioned it's dishonest. Why not just get the bottle, you have your glass and he can drink the rest. ;)

It is totally legit to order a bottle of wine with the 40% discount and share it with the entire table. It's a per bottle discount and you have then purchased the bottle. If you don't finish the bottle at dinner the crew will store it for you and retrieve it later upon request. Once purchased it's yours to do with as you like. Take it back to your room if you like.

I'm not sure why you can't just purchase the bottle and share it with your husband. Is one of you a "white only" person and the other a "red only" person?

I don't really see the 40% off of a bottle as the same category as the per-glass thing.

The purchased bottle will last longer if it is for his use only - why should I drink out of the "purchased bottle" if I can order by the glass using my drinks package without an additional charge? Just trying to not abuse the system yet still get the most value from it that we can.

:D

We're not interested in it anyway, but I was thinking paying for one person makes it much closer to reasonable if you split the intake between two.

Of course it does. I wanted them to do this for my cruise fare but they wouldn't have any of it. I figured they could probably tell that 1 of us was on the cruise that shouldn't be. :p

Of course it does. I wanted them to do this for my cruise fare but they wouldn't have any of it. I figured they could probably tell that 1 of us was on the cruise that shouldn't be. :p

colo cruiser...........you are too funny...........LOL

Colo Cruiser, I feel you. We couldn't even get them to let one of our kids sleep on the floor of a suite because it would make it "over booked." Sometimes cruise companies are so unreasonable!