Horizon Court - help carrying tray?

flabuddy

We'll be on the Regal Princess this summer on a Baltic cruise. My spouse will be in a mobility scooter and/or wheelchair. Are there staff available in Horizon Court to help carry his tray to a table (and from food station to station - does the buffet have food stations?) Also, how difficult is it typically to find a table during mealtimes? Is it always crowded?

Thank you!

We'll be on the Regal Princess this summer on a Baltic cruise. My spouse will be in a mobility scooter and/or wheelchair. Are there staff available in Horizon Court to help carry his tray to a table (and from food station to station - does the buffet have food stations?) Also, how difficult is it typically to find a table during mealtimes? Is it always crowded?

Thank you!

There's always a Lido staff member that will carry trays to tables. First find a table and ask any of the Lido crew people for help. I can't tell you how difficult finding a table will be on the Regal, but if it's anything like the Crown or the Golden Princess, many are taken up by people who park there breakfast, lunch and dinner. They especially like the seats and tables by the window. Good luck and have a great time on your cruise.

Edited by elliair

Thank you!

The Horizon Court is HUGE on the Regal.

There is a Sticky" with many Pics of the Regal.

There will be many crew members to assist you.

More food stations than I have fingers and toes.

Tables, no problem.

Have a great Cruise.

Edited by GeeDunk

Are there trays on the Regal? On other Princess ships I've been on, there have not been any trays, just oversized plates. I keep intending to bring my cafeteria tray from home on any upcoming cruise.

There are no trays. They were removed a while ago for sanitation reasons among others (if you put your dirty plate or utensils on a tray then re-use it, its the same as taking the dirty plate back up in a way)

Are there trays on the Regal? On other Princess ships I've been on, there have not been any trays, just oversized plates. I keep intending to bring my cafeteria tray from home on any upcoming cruise.

Yes, there is always a staff person available to help a disabled passenger, the real issue is for the person in the scooter maneuvering in the line without banging into people. Dudette is in a wheelchair so on the very rare occasion that we go to the HC, I find her a table, get an idea what she would like, go and get her meal then go back and get mine.

The Horizon Court and Horizon Bistro are rather extensive, and considerably larger than their counterparts on the Grand-class ships. You'd be wise to spend some time becoming familiar with what's being offered, where things are, and then deciding on your selections. As an example - for breakfast- the fresh made waffles are in the Pastry Shop (located within the Horizon Bistro) and the made-to-order omelets are at the far aft-end of the Horizon Court - those two things couldn't be more distant from each other if they tried.

Let the waitstaff know in advance that you'll be needing assistance, and once you've decided on what you're going to have, then have them help you in carrying plates from one station to the next, or to your table.

I can't say that I've actually seen them plate the food, as there may be some concern over sanitary issues unless they are wearing food-handling gloves.

:D

Yes, there is always a staff person available to help a disabled passenger, the real issue is for the person in the scooter maneuvering in the line without banging into people. Dudette is in a wheelchair so on the very rare occasion that we go to the HC, I find her a table, get an idea what she would like, go and get her meal then go back and get mine.
This is not a problem on the Regal where the space between the stations is very spacious. It might be a problem on other ships but not for the OP on the Regal.

Sailing with our son who is in a wheelchair we never had the slightest problem getting help. Even when one of us was helping him a crew member always came up and wanted to carry the plate for my son. The crew wasn't pushy but they were fairly insistent that they wanted to help.

I don't think you will have a problem.

There are no trays. They were removed a while ago for sanitation reasons among others (if you put your dirty plate or utensils on a tray then re-use it, its the same as taking the dirty plate back up in a way)

I would imagine if the trays are washed with hot enough water, they would no longer be dirty.

I would imagine if the trays are washed with hot enough water' date=' they would no longer be dirty.[/quote']

I think that Loonbeam was saying that a guest makes their first trip to the buffet, goes back to the table and eats and dirties the tray with used utensils, etc., and then they go up for seconds using the same dirty tray. No cleaning in between in this scenario. For trays to work they would have to stop folks from returning to the buffet with their original tray, and instead have them get a new tray each visit to the buffet. It is hard enough for them to get people to use a little hand sanitizer, I would hate to see what would happen with tray police! LOL! Not too mention the extra load on the dishwasher crew.

Just offering my take on what I think Loonbeam was pointing out.

Happy Cruising!

Mark

Edited by cruisehappy001