I think I did pretty well?

I just requested a transfer of my April 2016 Allure reservation from Royal Caribbean to a big online TA. I was able to upgrade from an accessible Category N inside cabin to an accessible Central Park Balcony and get 225.00 OBC for nothing more out of pocket because of a group rate.

They do have a small cancellation fee but I think thats the only drawback other than having to go through them for any changes.

Sound pretty good? How are Central Park Balcony cabins? I know they arent oceanview but surely better than an inside? The OBC will be nice too :)

Just curious if Im missing anything here. This is all new to me going through a TA.

Edited by ryano

$225 sounds like darn good OBC for a CP balcony. If it's the TA I think it is, I've had nothing but good luck. Yes, if you cancel they will charge a small fee, but that's about the only negative. I've actually gotten much quicker responses from them than another small, 3-person TA I use. Good luck!

That is awesome! I have had a Central Park Balcony, and we love them! One thing of note: depending on the time of the year that you sail, it can get a bit warm in the afternoons on the balcony, as the sun seems to settle between the two buildings. Enjoy your upgrade and OBC:)

Question please about transferring bookings to a TA.

I booked over a year ago for a cruise for this December. The same cruise has been running anywhere between $500 and $1,000+ more than what we booked it for. If I transfer to a TA that might offer something more than that bottle of wine, would my cruise be rebooked at the higher fare?

Thanks in advance

I booked over a year ago for a cruise for this December. The same cruise has been running anywhere between $500 and $1,000+ more than what we booked it for. If I transfer to a TA that might offer something more than that bottle of wine, would my cruise be rebooked at the higher fare?

Thanks in advance

Too late to transfer to a TA, you had 60 days from making the initial booking.

Thanks in advance

I believe it is too late to change your current booking to a TA as I believe you must do this within 60 days of original booking. You would have to cancel and rebook at today's rate to be serviced by a TA.

one nice thing about cp balcony.. around dinnertime, open your balcony doors.. below you will be a bagpiper one nite,, a violinist another nite, a guitarist another nite.. plus the twinkling lights on the trees....

Too late to transfer to a TA, you had 60 days from making the initial booking.

I believe it is too late to change your current booking to a TA as I believe you must do this within 60 days of original booking. You would have to cancel and rebook at today's rate to be serviced by a TA.

Did not know that!!........we usually book last minute with our neighborhood agent......Thanks for the information.

one nice thing about cp balcony.. around dinnertime, open your balcony doors.. below you will be a bagpiper one nite,, a violinist another nite, a guitarist another nite.. plus the twinkling lights on the trees....

Oh thank you for sharing this... that clinches it for me! I'd love a suggestion on WHERE to book the CP balcony... forward, center, aft.... low floors, high... can anyone help?

OP, you did excellent:D I'm about to do the same, I was debating the extra $$ for ocean view.

I just requested a transfer of my April 2016 Allure reservation from Royal Caribbean to a big online TA. I was able to upgrade from an accessible Category N inside cabin to an accessible Central Park Balcony and get 225.00 OBC for nothing more out of pocket because of a group rate.

They do have a small cancellation fee but I think thats the only drawback other than having to go through them for any changes.

Sound pretty good? How are Central Park Balcony cabins? I know they arent oceanview but surely better than an inside? The OBC will be nice too :)

Just curious if Im missing anything here. This is all new to me going through a TA.

Have had a CPV cabin a few times. We enjoy the peace of the location, except deck #14- which is under the pool area.

You have a great view of central park- the balconies are smaller then the typical OV balcony. If I miss the ocean view- I just go to a deck to enjoy the view of the ocean.

Ryano - I think you got a great deal!

Question regarding transferring reservation when a NextCruise was used - I just booked Harmony of the Seas this week directly with RCCL using a NextCruise certificate purchased in February 2013. Do I have 60 days to transfer this reservation to a travel agent? I am unclear regarding this since the actual creation of the reservation number was February 2013.

Ryano - I think you got a great deal!

Question regarding transferring reservation when a NextCruise was used - I just booked Harmony of the Seas this week directly with RCCL using a NextCruise certificate purchased in February 2013. Do I have 60 days to transfer this reservation to a travel agent? I am unclear regarding this since the actual creation of the reservation number was February 2013.

With a Next Cruise certificate, you can transfer up to 60 days from when the NC was first associated with a specific cruise.

We stay in Central Park balconies all of the time. We enjoy watching Paxs stroll in the park and enjoying themselves at the CP Café. The only problem is where the bed is placed.

We began using a on-line TA a few years ago and have had success. Just booked Anthem and Navigator during their Memorial Day extravaganza and got $225 in OBC's and dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant. When the 30/30 promo was introduced, I called and changed the Anthem and saved some $500. Navigator was breakeven, as to this day don't know if it was a senior or residency rate.