Room Service Please

ronjaz

Hi Cruisers..........Just wondering how early we are able to order a room service breakfast, as some of our shore excursion are an early start.

Has anyone any idea what the menu would be?

Sailing the Med in Sept on the Nieuw Amsterdam

Thanks very much

Ron

Preferred Time Frame

6 AM - 6:30 AM; 6:30 - 7 AM; 7 AM - 7:30 AM; 7:30 AM - 8 AM; 8 AM - 8:30 AM; 8:30 AM - 9 AM; 9 AM - 9:30 AM; 9:30 AM - 10 AM

Juices

Grapefruit; Orange:; Cranberry; V-8; Prune, Tomato

Fresh Fruit & Yogurt

Half Grapefruit; Sliced Bananas; Sliced Oranges; Mixed Fruit; Seasonal Melons; Stewed Prunes; Plain Yogurt; Fruit Yogurt; Greek Yogurt

Bakery

English Muffin(1); White Toast(2); Wheat Toast(2); Rye Toast(2); Danish(1); Croissant(2); Blueberry Muffin(1); Bran Muffin(1); Bagel (1)

Cereals

Corn Flakes; Special K; Cheerios; Raisin Bran; Granola; Fruit Loops; Frosted Flakes; Rice Krispies; Shredded Wheat

With: Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk; Soy Milk

Two Eggs

Scrambled; Sunnyside Up; Over Easy; Poached; Hard Boiled

Omelettes

Cheese; Ham & Cheese; Vegetable & Cheese

Egg Substitute

Scrambled; Cheese Omelette; Vegetable & Cheese Omelette

Egg White

Scrambles; Cheese Omelette; Vegetable & Cheese Omelette

Sides

Ham Slices(2); Sausage Links(2); Bacon Strips(2); Veggie Links(2); Turkey Links(2); Turkey Bacon(2)

Condiments

Assorted Jams; Half & Half; Honey; Butter; Margarine; Cream Cheese; Peanut Butter; Ketchup; Tabasco; Nutella; Orange Marmalade

Beverages

Regular Coffee; Decaf Coffee; Tea; Decaf Tea; Hot Chocolate; Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk; Soy Milk

I have often hand written 4:30, 5:00, etc. on the room service breakfast tag menu with a note of explanation (early excursion) with a big PLEASE and THANK YOU. Worked every time. Of course, I only order coffee and a muffin or bagel.

I would also think you would be able to order room service breakfast via phone at any time, if so desired. Although not nearly as simple as filling the door card. :)

Using the door card the night before speeds up the process. Breakfast has always arrived at the time I put on the card or within a minute or two.

Calling the next morning is a breakfast order that goes through the usual queue and it's delivered whenever it worked its way through the process.

Another vote for the card ordering. We usually fill ours out before we go to dinner, and hang it before we go to bed. (You know, in case we want to make a game time decision and add something.) We've always received our breakfast within the 15 minute window we chose, usually toward the early time.

You can also write in things that aren't on the list but they carry - like oatmeal.

If your order is going to be delivered during regular dining room breakfast hours, you can make special requests. (Chocolate croissants, hint, hint.)

I'd like to thank you all for giving heaps of good info' Its just what we wanted

I think the card on the door the night before, is the way to go.

Kind regards and many thanks

Ron Smith

If you order milk, write-in "1-empty glass" or you might be drinking it from a carton.

Thanks for the excellent tip. Carton drinking isn't the greatest

Regards Ron

Edited by ronjaz

I'd like to thank you all for giving heaps of good info' Its just what we wanted

I think the card on the door the night before, is the way to go.

Kind regards and many thanks

Ron Smith

When you have early tours, the card on the door is the way to go.

Waiting to place your order in the morning could mean a long wait while they fill the orders that were placed on the door the evening before.

Read the menu closely. If you order toast, as an example, don't assume you will get butter, jam, etc. You have to check every little thing you want. I will generally write in small bowl of grits, which is not on the room service menu.

No worries. Every cabin already has glassware as standard equipment.

You should find two drinking glasses in the bathroom, and two larger glasses on the desk.

I would also think you would be able to order room service breakfast via phone at any time, if so desired. Although not nearly as simple as filling the door card. :)

It is very hard to get thru on the phone in the am or other busy times. Better to use the card .

Regards Ron

There are always glasses in the cabin.

Good point about being sure to list everything you want. If you want milk for your cereal, butter for your toast, cream cheese for your bagel..... write it on the room service slip.