AOS Late Seating and sailaway at same time?

hi, we will be on Adventure later this year; we have signed up for traditional late seating (8:30?) which si same time as Sail-away out of San Juan I believe. Is there any way to not miss Sail-away and still do dinner in MDR?

hi, we will be on Adventure later this year; we have signed up for traditional late seating (8:30?) which si same time as Sail-away out of San Juan I believe. Is there any way to not miss Sail-away and still do dinner in MDR?

I believe the MDR times are pushed back 30 minutes on the first night. At least that's the way it was with early dinner, not sure about late dinner.

If you want flexibility in dining time, switch to MTD.

That would make it to late, the best opetion if you don't want to miss Sail away is not eat in the dining the first night, eat earlier in the WJ. If you choose this option I would go to the dining room and let the maitre'd know you will not be coming the first night. When we left Sydney Australia we didn't want to miss Sail Away so passed on the main dining the first night.

I believe the MDR times are pushed back 30 minutes on the first night. At least that's the way it was with early dinner, not sure about late dinner.

If you want flexibility in dining time, switch to MTD.

I have heard this confirmed by others. However, when we were on Jewel out of San Juan, Dinner started 15 minutes before sailaway. To the OP, check the compass the first day and listen during Muster for announcements, or read reviews of people just coming back.

Sail away from San Juan not a big deal. Just like leaving any other port stay.

I think the starboard side view of the fort is as you pass out of the bay is outstanding, and quite a bit different than leaving Port Canaveral.

Yes...departure day, the dining times are adjusted...no worries!

Not always, but most times, from my experience. As I mentioned above, listen up during muster and check the first day compass.

Yes...departure day, the dining times are adjusted...no worries!

You are correct that dining times are adjusted. But that is all yiou are correct about. Late seating and sail-a-way is a conflict on Adventure. When is the last time you were on this ship out of San Juan?

I think the starboard side view of the fort is as you pass out of the bay is outstanding, and quite a bit different than leaving Port Canaveral.

I agree. I think sailing out of San Juan in the evening with everything lit up is outstanding.

Thank you for the responses, hopefully we can figure out a way to make it work. I LOVE Sail-away no matter which day or what port. The first one is the best just because it is the start of your cruise! I won't miss it, i just need to figure out how to make dinner work.

• 8 years later...
On 6/7/2015 at 11:06 AM, yankees111 said:

Sail away from San Juan not a big deal. Just like leaving any other port stay.

You must have been on the port side of the ship leaving San Juan - or have ONLY sailed out of ports like Venice or New York if you think sailing out of San Juan is not a big deal.