port in Baltimore question...

I looked on Ports of call but couldn't even find Baltimore. Does anyone know if there is a rental car place there and if so which one? Driving to port from South Jersey but my car is having a few minor issues don't want to drive it there if it can be avoided. Thanks.

nothing directly at the port. but I am sure one is not to far away that you could get cab from if they don't have a shuttle service. Check with your local rental cars.

Did a quick google search and see three different ones in the inner harbor area.

Edited by PantherFan

You can drive to BWI airport and get a cab from there. It's only about 10 minutes away and would be easier than navigating downtown Baltimore.

Edited by BND

There really isn't anything near the pier. I agree with the others that the airport is your best bet. It's about 10-15 minutes from the pier. You could probably also get a paid transfer from the airport to the pier. I live in Maryland and I'm guessing here, but I would think the cab fare would be around $25-$30 to get to to the pier.

Thanks everyone Hubby said my car will be fine. (Was looking forward to driving a nice car...lol) . My car is 13yrs old and starting to show it's age. But We're just going to drive my car to port. Thanks for your help!! Can't wait... 17 more days:D

The only thing wrong with Baltimore driving is that all the drivers from Maryland drive like they are lost (I'm not at all kidding about this). Just so long as you give them their space they're fine. Otherwise it's a very easy city to drive in, and you will not find any of the aggressiveness you'll find around other North East cities, and the roads are laid out sensibly.

Other than that train travel into Baltimore may end up being cheaper than parking your car at the terminal. It's also fast and pleasant (granted train travel is easy for me because I can get to the station via public bus, or cheap cab fare from where I live).

Driving to the terminal and the ease of parking and drive-up luggage drop off cannot get much better than Baltimore. That is the way to go. Parking is not too expensive from what I remember from last summer when we went on Grandeur to Bermuda.

Thanks everyone Hubby said my car will be fine. (Was looking forward to driving a nice car...lol) . My car is 13yrs old and starting to show it's age. But We're just going to drive my car to port. Thanks for your help!! Can't wait... 17 more days:D

If you are driving down on Interstate 95 South you will see construction warnings as you approach the Ft. Mc Henry tunnel.

Just make sure you are in the FAR RIGHT LANE before you enter tunnel as your exit is about 100 yards after you exit the tunnel. if you miss your exit it's a nightmare to turn around to get back to cruise port.

A few years ago we rented from Avis. They picked us up at the port, and took us to their local agency. Even gave us a Mercedes, since they wanted it dropped off at their airport, which was where we were dropping it off later that day. We just used it to drive to the fort, before we headed for home.