Ports in Aruba / Curacao

Sunnyfun3379

Been researching a cruise with these ports. Seems like there's not a lot going on. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best spend the day in these ports? Outside of ships limited excursions. We are an easy group of people to please, and are looking to the most memorable thing we can do in port. :)

Given your board name, you might like to visit one of the gorgeous beaches in Aruba.

Curacao is a very interesting city for the Caribbean. Nice area to walk around on both sides of the floating bridge.

I suggest you visit the CC Ports of Call here and see suggestions there for both Aruba and Curacao.

They are two of my favorite islands and I've been to the vast majority of all the Caribbean islands....... multiple times.

Been researching a cruise with these ports. Seems like there's not a lot going on. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best spend the day in these ports? Outside of ships limited excursions. We are an easy group of people to please, and are looking to the most memorable thing we can do in port. :)

Hi and Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

If you don't want to take any sort of excursion, Curacao is a wonderful port of call to just walk around. Very pretty place! :)

LuLu

I would tell you to research both ports....a guidebook will tell you ALL each place has to offer...not everything is snorkeling or swimming with one animal or another! See what there is to do, and what interests you...and THEN you can figure out HOW to do it! Most things are easy to do on your own...you rarely need to pay a guide!!!

Love Aruba!! So many great beaches. Research those and have a cab take you. That's what I always like to do. Preferably a beach with ice cold beverages.

Curacao is a very colorful port. I tried to rent a car and discover beaches on my own one time. I couldn't find my way around. I would suggest doing an excursion there if you want to go outside the port. But the port is very nice too.

hello sunnyfun3379, it's also been what I've been looking forward to for a while now and after research I did book with RCCL Adventure of the Seas and will be sailing soon. I am excited to visit Aruba and Curacao as I've heard all good things about these ports. We rarely take excursions and have read these islands are easy to get around on your own. The ship is docked in Aruba from 8 - 9:30pm, which is awesome. In case you want to look into that! good luck

There are some wonderful restaurants in both of these ports. If you have a late sailaway, think about having dinner ashore. We always do that whenever the opportunity presents and are always so happy we did.

We went to Aruba and Curacao on our first cruise and love them both. On Aruba we booked an island tour to the Casabari rock formations, a church with colorful above ground crypts on the grounds, and the (original) Natural Bridge. Fun to see things such as cacti that serves as fencing for homes, to keep goats out. We also experienced the submarine excursion, and it was great seeing the reefs, fish, and shipwreck.

On Curacao we booked the Hato Caves tour and had an amazing guide, we really enjoyed that excursion. Google to see photos, the caves are awesome. We also found the Curacao Sea Aquarium interesting. As mentioned, check out the Ports of Call for discussion on excursions.