Pacific Princess Question

Woobstr112G

I think they are meant to be trees but I couldn't swear that they were all there on the ship last January. There were several potted trees (real? artificial? I don't know) on the ship. It's decorated VERY traditionally (some might say it's out of date but try telling that to the folks at Biltmore Estate in Asheville NC).

I think they are meant to be trees but I couldn't swear that they were all there on the ship last January. There were several potted trees (real? artificial? I don't know) on the ship. It's decorated VERY traditionally (some might say it's out of date but try telling that to the folks at Biltmore Estate in Asheville NC).

If PP is out of date. I'll take out of date every time.

Sliding a bit off topic does anyone know [when looking at the Pacific Princess deck plans] what the green 'thingies' are in several different public locations? They kind of look like trees or large potted plants but I'm not sure. Are they?

They appear to be potted plants.

The following two pictures show the plants exactly where the deck plans say they are.

002%2011.09.04%20Grand%20staircase%20decks%204-5%20100_4460_zpsibmbnowg.jpg

054%2011.09.04%20Library%20deck%2010%20100_4431_zpsylm5t1e8.jpg

I so hope they keep her. The longer cruises are so much more enjoyable on a small ship, and I love the PP's old manor house decor. I don't even mind it being a little shabby. That sort of adds to the charm. So much more comfy than the garish Carnival ships.

I do understand that this is business and Princess/Carnival has to do what it can to be profitable. But I have to run my finances like a business too. I want to get the most bang for MY buck as well. We are taking the 2016 world cruise out of LA on the PP simply because we were concerned that she would be sold. Kind of jumped the gun on our budget, but we have managed to fit it in.

We are taking the 2016 world cruise out of LA on the PP simply because we were concerned that she would be sold. Kind of jumped the gun on our budget, but we have managed to fit it in.

I think there's a lot of those kinds of discussions taking place right now. "Well, it's more than we want to spend but still far less than sailing on the ship once someone else owns it." Or, "We'd better just do it now; the opportunity won't exist in a couple of years". It's been a topic of conversation at our house for months.

We sailed on the PP WC in 2008. 104 days of adventure. Three places were we could two continents at the same time, four active volcanos, Galapagos and Easter islands. The ship was fine for the cruise. Enjoy

Sliding a bit off topic does anyone know [when looking at the Pacific Princess deck plans] what the green 'thingies' are in several different public locations? They kind of look like trees or large potted plants but I'm not sure. Are they?

Potted plants on the deck plan. How strange.

Looking at the possibility of a 17 day Panama Canal cruise in May of 2017. Was curious about the very forward PH suites. Since this ship is smaller, is there a lot more movement? Also, are the balcony doors locked while the ship is underway. If anyone has any pictures, I'd love to see them. Thanks in advance for any replies.....:):):)

Bob

WE have been on several cruises with you and Holly. My board name has changed.

We did the 17 days thur the P Canal this year. It the segment of the world cruise. We have sailed on the Pacific before in the Med. This was our third cruise thur the canal. The cruise was great. Being a small ship is very different than the large ones. You get to know everyone. Everyone was friendly and happy even the crew. Service was very good. They will get to know and call you by name. ThatDoes not happen on the large ships. Even meet another couple that we had cruised several times with before.

A couple at our table got upgraded to the aft suite. They invite us to they uite going thur the canal. It was a beautiful room. A wrap around baloncy, with table and chairs and 2 loungers.

We had no rough weather so can comment on how the ship rides. I would go on the Paciific again love the small ship.

Pam and Ray

P. S. if you go thur the canal read the book "Passage between the seas".

It is a long book on the history of the canal makes the trip more interesting.

Edited by tiffany'smom
typo

P. S. if you go thru the canal read the book "Passage between the seas".

It is a long book on the history of the canal makes the trip more interesting.

The actual title is "The Path Between the Seas."

It is a must read to fully appreciate the trip through the canal.