carry on drink question

shof515

Unless your cruise is before the new policy goes into effect (sometime in July), you cannot take them at all, no bottles, period. Look for the drops or flavor packets for your water, you can add it to the ship water or buy bottles in advance from the fun shops.

no, as of cruises departing 7/9 it doesn't matter whether it's wrapped in plastic or not, drinks in bottles are not allowed.

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/kw/carry%20on%20drinks

i'd look into alternate drinks that may be similar, such as the crystal light type packets or concentrates to add to water.

It's not the end of the world. Buy bottled water from the FunShop which will be delivered to your room for $3 per 12 pack! Great price and you don't have to bother carrying it on. You may bring on the powder packs or the little Mio things to put in the bottled water and flavor it.

People are all up in arms because they "only" drink this or that. Grow up! You are an adult! You can find something else to drink for one week.

I drink flavor water that comes in bottles only, no cans. When i buy a 12 pack at the store, they come wrap in plastic. Can i bring this on board? If not, how can i?

With the new rules it looks like you can't.

I guess your choices would be to manage without for the duration of the cruise (maybe you will be able to drink some at the ports of call), or find a cruiseline that allows you to bring this drink onboard.

Smuggling would likely be unsuccessful and wouldn't really be worth the trouble.

Have a great cruise anyway

People are all up in arms because they "only" drink this or that. Grow up! You are an adult! You can find something else to drink for one week.

Problem is this new rule treats me like a child.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just off a NCL cruise and they didnt say anything about my 12 pack of Fruit2O water bottles and i taken this same 12 pack on 4 other carnival ships before :mad:

That's the nature of all rules. Someone thinks they know what's best for us, or want to control a situation in a certain way.

In this sort of situation where we aren't compelled in any way to even deal with this company, complaining seems pointless. You have the power to speak with your pocketbook and take your business elsewhere.

I just off a NCL cruise and they didnt say anything about my 12 pack of Fruit2O water bottles and i taken this same 12 pack on 4 other carnival ships before :mad:

So what?? You still can on Carnival too for almost a month more!!! What does NCL have to do with it?

Blame your fellow pax. If no one was smuggling alcohol in plastic bottles this wouldn't be an issue.

The many are being punished for the activities of a few.

It's not the end of the world. Buy bottled water from the FunShop which will be delivered to your room for $3 per 12 pack! Great price and you don't have to bother carrying it on. You may bring on the powder packs or the little Mio things to put in the bottled water and flavor it.

I think it's $4.99/12 pk if you buy it from the FunShop AFTER you board the ship.

It's $2.99/12 pk if you order it from Bon Voyage BEFORE your cruise.

And on cruises longer than a week.

problem is that the people taking cruises decided to break rules like a child so Carnival needed to do this. I assume they will continue to add these type of rules until people decide to follow the rules.

smugglers are to blame for this.

Blame your fellow pax. If no one was smuggling alcohol in plastic bottles this wouldn't be an issue.

The many are being punished for the activities of a few.

Which is pretty much the norm with all rules.

I can't figure out what this has to do with the rule change taking place 7/9. But anyway, you can't do it on Carnival anymore in around a month from now.

problem is that the people taking cruises decided to break rules like a child so Carnival needed to do this. I assume they will continue to add these type of rules until people decide to follow the rules.

smugglers are to blame for this.

Truest statement I have ever seen on these boards.