PPG and Oasis

I know there was a thread on this, but I've come up empty when I search. I recall reading somewhere on CC that prepaid gratuities for MTD on Oasis were scrapped. I have a boatload of OBC to use up on the Oasis cruise we just booked, and would like to use that to pay the gratuities once onboard.

Am I just having another senior moment, or is this true?:confused:

I am pretty sure that I saw the same thing, but I can't find it now.

However, what I do know is that I booked Jewel of the Seas last week with MTD and was not required to pre-pay gratuities. I don't know for sure that this is the new policy or if the agent at Royal just forgot. :confused:

Edited by tahqa

We were allowed to take our tips off from our October Oasis cruise for MTD- That was several months ago. It was a couple of months after they postponed DD for the Oasis.

Not sure if things have changed since then. OP did you call and ask them if they could remove them?

Edited by molly361

We were allowed to take our tips off from our October Oasis cruise for MTD- That was several months ago. It was a couple of months after they postponed DD for the Oasis.

Not sure if things have changed since then. OP did you call and ask them if they could remove them?

Not yet. When I booked yesterday, I didn't ask for MTD because I wanted to check with the CC experts first. I always get better answers here than with RCL. I'll call the D+ desk today and see what they say.

Just got off the phone with the D+ desk, and they confirmed that RCL has made the change fleet wide (apparently within the past few weeks), and I was able to get the PPG removed on both our NYE2106 Brilliance cruise and our March 2017 Oasis cruise. :D:D:D

Edited by orville99

Just got off the phone with the D+ desk, and they confirmed that RCL has made the change fleet wide (apparently within the past few weeks), and I was able to get the PPG removed on both our NYE2106 Brilliance cruise and our March 2017 Oasis cruise. :D:D:D

Thanks for the update

Thanks for the update

With the perpetual sales, I'm stuck using chunks of Visa points for OBC, and at least now I have a way to use them effectively.:D

Edited by orville99

Am I remembering correctly that the daily gratuities recently increased? Not talking about the auto gratuities with drinks, but rather the per person / per day gratuities. Anyone know? Reason being that when I booked last year for my November Oasis cruise, I chose to prepay the gratuities. I, too, have a lot of OBC to use. I am assuming that if I remove prepaid gratuities now and pay with OBC on the ship then I would be charged the higher gratuity amounts. I suppose it doesn't make much difference since we always tip additional in cash at the end anyway. It's more of a curiosity than anything.

Am I remembering correctly that the daily gratuities recently increased? Not talking about the auto gratuities with drinks, but rather the per person / per day gratuities. Anyone know? Reason being that when I booked last year for my November Oasis cruise, I chose to prepay the gratuities. I, too, have a lot of OBC to use. I am assuming that if I remove prepaid gratuities now and pay with OBC on the ship then I would be charged the higher gratuity amounts. I suppose it doesn't make much difference since we always tip additional in cash at the end anyway. It's more of a curiosity than anything.

Regular stateroom (non-suite) gratuities went up from $12.00 per day to $12.95 per day.

The last time they increased the gratuities, you were grandfathered in at the old rate if you prepaid before the increase went into effect, but paid the higher rate if you didn't. I expect that if you remove them now, they will charge you the new rate when you go to pay them on board.