Tampa to Port Everglades

Jomtien

we arrive in Tampa, from a RCI TA cruise on 14 November and have to get across to Port Everglades to join another RCI ship departing same day.

There are five adults plus luggage.

Can anyone advise on the best way or recommend a shuttle company that I can contact.

Thanks

You might find the best way is to rent a mini-van.

We did something similar. If memory serves me correctly, Alamo and National provide free shuttle to the pier after you return the car at the Fort Lauderdale airport but that was a couple of years back.

AHOY SHIPMATE,

WITH THAT MUCH LUGGAGE AND PEOPLE YOU MAY WANT TO DRIVE STRAIGHT TO PIER AND DROP OFF 3 OR 4 PEOPLE AND ALL LUGGAGE EXCEPT A HAND CARRY ON AND THEN DRIVE TO CAR TURN IN AT AIRPORT. TAKE SHUTTLE TO PIER (SHOWING BUS DRIVER YOUR RECEIPT FROM CAR RENTAL)

tour friends will have checked in and you can meet them in LIDO or CABIN or TERMINAL depending on what time it is or crowd. FLL is a nice terminal

(expedient and friendly) We have done this literally dozens of times and never had a problem.

Those turning the car in MUST remember to keep his boarding pass and papers in his possession . He will need them at pier when boarding.

Good luck

I see that you are from Thailand, probably have not sailed from Port Everglades before. You may be nervous about distance to pier from airport. Well, here is a picture to show how close they are:

BG-51.jpg

Also, there is a board here called Florida Departures, under North American Homeports. Your situation has been addressed there many times.

EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Thanks essiesmom

I have sailed out of Port Everglades about 8 times so have no problems there.

My enquiry is to find a shuttle company that will get the five of us from Tampa cruise terminal to Prt Everglades

Thanks again

Likewise to the other two responders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Super Shuttle services Florida but I don't know about Tampa pier to Port Everglades. Could always call.

How much time do you have between cruises? You'll need minimum 4 hrs driving time between piers and that's allowing for no traffic accidents.

If I rented a car to go from port to port, I think I would call Enterprise since they advertise they will pick you up. Ask if they would meet you at the pier and then could they drop you at the pier at the other end?

Maybe someone on the East Coast Departures section can suggest a private car service.

Here is what the OP is looking for:

http://www.thefloridaexpressbus.com/shuttle-to-port-everglades-cruise-terminal.html

"The Florida Express Bus operates shuttle transportation 7 days a week to Port Everglades from most cities in Florida. Our services takes you directly to your ship's terminal. Our driver's assist with luggage transfers as well. We offer convenient Station Locations as well as Front Door PickUp Service (Homes & Hotels) in a limited service area."

Tampa is NOT that close to Port Everglades!!!!! They are coming from TAMPA..not Ft. Laud airport!

I believe the reference was for returning the rental car to FLL airport after driving from Tampa. No one ever stated it was close to Tampa.:rolleyes:

By the way Essiesmom, great photo.

Edited by Pyrate13

Tampa is NOT that close to Port Everglades!!!!! They are coming from TAMPA..not Ft. Laud airport!

It appears all responding here understand that but it was good of you to point it out, just in case.

Edited by sail7seas