Is a part cruise possible?

Sundowners

Hi,

My wife and I aren't exactly new cruisers but I was unsure where to post this question. My apologies if its not in the right forum.

The question is; Is it possible to take just half of a cruise? A Baltic cruise.

We're thinking either Southampton to St. Petersburg, OR St. Petersburg to Southampton? It will be part of a much bigger trip/holiday to help my wife celebrate leaving the workforce.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Cheers,

Rob

Hi,

My wife and I aren't exactly new cruisers but I was unsure where to post this question. My apologies if its not in the right forum.

The question is; Is it possible to take just half of a cruise? A Baltic cruise.

We're thinking either Southampton to St. Petersburg, OR St. Petersburg to Southampton? It will be part of a much bigger trip/holiday to help my wife celebrate leaving the workforce.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Cheers,

Rob

Some cruises are sold as segments, but usually only looooooong cruises. You may be able to pay for the whole thing and only do part.

Short answer though is contact the company, but I suspect on that one the answer will be no.

you would have to pay for the whole cruise no refunds for leaving early

Also you would need to get this in writing from the cruise line before you travel

You will need to apply for a VISA for Russia if you are planning to stay off the ship there

Contact the cruise line for the correct procedures or choose a short cruise that includes SPB

Costa & Regal Princess have cruises that start & end in SPB that may work for you

Do you need to start in Southampton or can you do Copenhagen or Stockholm?

Many cruises start/end in those cities & do SPB

Edited by LHT28

Yes - we are sailing from England back to the U.S. this fall- Celebrity had an itinerary from Southampton to Miami, stopping in Boston, New York, Bermuda, and Port Canaveral - they had advised we could debark in N.Y. (of course paying the full fare), but we opted for Cunard because of better dates.

I suppose it depends on the line and the available facilities at the ports in question.

Thanks for your advice on this, Folks. Its much appreciated.

I've waited until now to answer because I was waiting to hear what P&O had to say on the subject. And its as you've suggested.....we can organise to embark or disembark at anytime along the journey, just so long as we pay for the entire cruise distance.

The reason I figured that it may be possible was because we had just done (5 months ago now) the San-Francisco to Sydney leg of a world cruise on Arcadia.

Thanks again & Cheers,

Rob

As noted, some of the very long cruises such as World Cruise on Arcadia likely was can be booked in segments. It sounds as though that voyage you reference was a segment of the whole World Cruise.