123GO options

bgrieve

If I book a cruise with the drink package included as well as OBC and prepaid gratuities included, do I have an option for more OBC INSTEAD of the drink package? We will never drink enough for the package, since we have the Elite benefits in the evening.

If I book a cruise with the drink package included as well as OBC and prepaid gratuities included, do I have an option for more OBC INSTEAD of the drink package? We will never drink enough for the package, since we have the Elite benefits in the evening.

Of the '000's of bev pkg discussions on this board, I have not seen any mention of proposing to trade bev pkg for +OBC.

There are many options besides alcoholic drinks included in bev pkg like soda, bottled water, juice, coffees, etc. so I suggest taking 'glass half full' view of bev pkg. Happy Cruising

Yes.

We booked with an online TA who gives free pre-paid grats and took the OBC instead of the bev package and then more OBC from the TA.

Keep in mind that since you aren't paying for the drink package you don't have to consume an ocean full of liquids just to stick it to the man and make the perk worthwhile. The cost to Celebrity is far less than the $60 dollars a day that we pay if we had to purchase it on board so even if they did offer OBC in exchange it wouldn't be for the full value that you see on your invoice.

I under stand that this now makes your Elite perk worthless as you can get coffee anytime for free and cocktails between certain hours. If you only drink water at dinner ask for a bottle of bottled water that comes with the classic package in lieu of tap water or order to try something new that you wouldn't normally order. You have more flexibility as you aren't restricted to a time slot or particular venue for ordering complementary cocktails.

I have read threads where members tried to change their classic alcohol package for the less expensive premium non alcoholic package and Celebrity refused to make the change.

"I under stand that this now makes your Elite perk worthless as you can get coffee anytime for free and cocktails between certain hours."

I don't understand this statement. The Elite perk doesn't cover so many things -- bottles of water to take to shore, adult beverages and soft drinks at lunch, after-dinner nightcaps, the list goes on an on :confused::confused:

Also, if you don't drink alcohol at all outside of the elite hours, you can 'downgrade' from the classic package to premium non-alcoholic which basically gives you run of the ship, drinks-wise (obviously, without alcohol). They can do this at guest services.

The 123Go offers pre-paid grats OR classic beverage package OR OBC. For those of us who drink mostly water and have a coffee and a "drink" per day the beverage package just doesn't make any sense. We get pre-paid grats from the TA and booked a veranda cabin so we took the $200 OBC. That more than covers ANY and all drinks we may get for the week.

You may be getting some deal from your agent. The OP has all three offers and wants to trade in the drinks for on board spending credit. Probably a different situation

Yes, that's the way I read it. Probably booked a CC or above. I believe the answer to their question is no.

I under stand that this now makes your Elite perk worthless as you can get coffee anytime for free and cocktails between certain hours.

Actually, Elite perks do NOT include "free" specialized coffees. Standard coffee in the Oceanview Cafe - of course, but not coffee from Cafe Al Bacio. That perk requires one to be Elite Plus.

Edited by gimletgal

Actually, Elite perks do NOT include "free" specialized coffees. Standard coffee in the Oceanview Cafe - of course, but not coffee from Cafe Al Bacio. That perk requires one to be Elite Plus.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Given that with the 123 offers where you can only select one promo, it is usually the drinks package or say $200 obc. Nothing like the $60 a day paid for the actual drink package. If you pay. I would certainly go through $200 obc, even $300 obc on my drinks alone on a 7 day cruise so even if not a big alcohol drinker I would stick with the package.

I would stick with the package, I have never heard of any TA or Celebrity trading a package for extra OBC, so I think the OP is better off with the convenience of the drinks package and also not worrying about a drink's bill.:D

It can't hurt to ask if they'd be willing to let you "trade" the free beverage package for extra OBC, but don't be surprised if the answer is "no". As others have mentioned, you can still make the most of your free beverage package by ordering non-alcoholic drinks. My husband ordered specialty coffees from Cafe al Bacio at least twice a day, and I quite enjoyed their frappuccino-like IGLU drinks. We each got several bottles of water throughout the day, and I had Diet Cokes for lunch, wine with dinner, and occasionally mimosas for breakfast. It was nice to be able to get pretty much anything we wanted to drink without ever having to worry about the cost of individual drinks.