New Casual dress code?

On our recent Explorer trip there were frequent errors in the Compass.

We sailed round-trip from Southampton and there were references to guests needing assistance for debarking in Fort Lauderdale and shore excursions that were offered in the Canary Islands even though we did mainland Spain and Portugal :p

Our Thanksgiving trip last year was the cruise right after the "couples cruise" don't google it from a work computer if you don't know what that is.

Somehow they were handing out the "welcome aboard flyers" from the prior weeks cruise, explaining what types of activities were allowed in which areas of the ship, including the reminder that nudity was allowed throughout the pool deck but not in the Windjammer and so on.

Brought it to the attention of the check-in staff who had a great "deer in the headlights" look before frantically hiding away all the flyers.

We were looking at one of the sea charts on the wall on our 11 night cruise on the

Legend, when we noticed a group of officers walking by. I asked if we are shortening

the cruise by one night? Yup, the chart was for a 10 night cruise and it was

currently day nine. ;)

One of the officers pointed at one of the other officers and said that he was the one in

charge of updating the chart. "He messed it up again" which gave them a laugh.

Ha Ha! Good eye! It's kind of like finding the hidden Mickeys. Hope everybody had a great Father's Day weekend. I almost have the mess cleaned up!

LOL!! Hey girl! Already missing the Freedom?

Yeah, I am still cleaning up after the company was here yesterday. We all

enjoyed a big pot of peel and eat shrimp! :)

On our recent Explorer trip there were frequent errors in the Compass.

We sailed round-trip from Southampton and there were references to guests needing assistance for debarking in Fort Lauderdale and shore excursions that were offered in the Canary Islands even though we did mainland Spain and Portugal :p

I recognize for much of the crew English is a 2nd language and I've barely mastered it as a first langauge, so I hope it isn't insensitive, but I had to laugh at this cake from Freedom's 100th cruise back in 2008.

100th.jpg

LOL!! Hey girl! Already missing the Freedom?

Yeah, I am still cleaning up after the company was here yesterday. We all

enjoyed a big pot of peel and eat shrimp! :)

We are still waiting for someone to bring us food and make our bed! We had fun reminiscing yesterday and can't wait to do it again. I am still bouncing off the walls, I have terrible vertigo after getting off the ship. Oh well, it is worth it.

I barely convinced my 19 year old to lose the athletic shorts and wear slacks and button up for one formal night on our cruise next week. If that is the new casual, I may have to call the Coast Guard 'cause the poor boy will have done jumped.

We are still waiting for someone to bring us food and make our bed! We had fun reminiscing yesterday and can't wait to do it again. I am still bouncing off the walls, I have terrible vertigo after getting off the ship. Oh well, it is worth it.

Oh no!! Sorry to hear about your vertigo. :(

I had that after the first couple of cruises, many years ago, but seemed to

finally gain my "sea legs" and now it does not bother me a bit.

My suggestion/perscription: Book some more cruises to help you

get over it. ;) :D

We often cruise with another couple and one of the things we do is review the compass (or equivalent if it is another cruise line) and highlight the errors and misspellings. We make a little game out of it to see who can find the most. It is quite rare that there is not at least one. That being said, we get that many of these are written/edited by folks who speak English as a second language...but it is still fun!