Ft. lauderdale hotels

tyler6597

We are taking a princess cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale on October 28th of this year. We are flying down a day early and I would like to stay in a nice hotel that's close to the cruise port and has transportation to the port. Our price range is from $75.00 to $150.00 for the one night. i know there is a vast amount of knowledge out there from fellow cruisers about my question and I would appreciate any advice the board can give me.

Gary

We stay at Embassy Suite on 17th Street when cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale. Not far from the airport and close to port. Embassy Suites website is showing an "Easy Cancellation" room offer for $149.00 per night plus tax for October 27th. You might want to check it out.

The hotel provides a complimentary Manager's reception in the evening with snacks, complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, plus a great complimentary breakfast buffet in the a.m. When you factor what an evening reception and breakfast would cost, the price of the room is a pretty good deal.

Rather than wait for a shuttle to fill up and leave for port, we take a taxi from Embassy Suites to the ship. It usually runs $10-12 dollars total plus tip.

The Harbor Shops are located a block or so away and has a nice Publix grocery store, boutique type shops, and restaurants.

Enjoy your cruise!

Jan

The Hyatt Place on 10th, right next to the Embassy Suites would be my #1 choice.

Second choice would be the Renaissance on 17th, across from the entrance to the port. Embassy Suites is in need of refurbishing. It would be last on my list.

Book Hyatt Place Convention center on valuetrips.com for $139. A free shuttle from the airport, breakfast, large rooms and near all the same things as Embassy for a lot less.

Go to the Florida ports of call board for more info.

Edited by eandj

Given that this is all about Florida, and has nothing to do with Princess, looking on the Florida Departures board, where this topic is discussed daily, would be beneficial. You will find MANY MANY discussions of hotels.

By the way, Embassy Suites on 17th gets our vote as well.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Another vote for the Marriott Renaissance on 17th., it's my go to hotel whenever I cruise out of FLL. Restaurants are within walking distance and there's a Wallgreen's right across the street. The down side is probably going to be the price :o

Edited by Treven

Another vote for the Marriott Renaissance on 17th., it's my go to hotel whenever I cruise out of FLL. Restaurants are within walking distance and there's a Wallgreen's right across the street. The down side is probably going to be the price :o

And if the ship is docked at Pier #2 or the one next to it you can walk there. :)

Check LMT. For Oct 27th the Embassy Suites is only $107. They also have the Renaissance for $118 and the Hyatt Pier 66 for $97 and the Crowne Plaza for $91. Can't beat these prices. Join the club.....it is $25 but then you get a $25 credit on your booking.

www.lastminutetravel.com

Or try...

www.lmtclub.com

The OP can just go through the signup they are usually always offering a free membership...I've had mine for over 4 years and use this site often...very reliable.

I am in the same situation as the OP, but our cruise is Jan 29th on the Royal Princess. We also are looking for hotel close to cruise port and flying in a day early. We will not have a car.

I actually am trying to choose between 3 hotels,Embassy Suites, Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina or Hyatt Regency Pier 66, but would be open to other suggestions as well.

Any advise & info is much appreciated!

Thanks!

I am in the same situation as the OP, but our cruise is Jan 29th on the Royal Princess. We also are looking for hotel close to cruise port and flying in a day early. We will not have a car.

I actually am trying to choose between 3 hotels,Embassy Suites, Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina or Hyatt Regency Pier 66, but would be open to other suggestions as well.

Any advise & info is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Be careful with the Marina, lots of tired rooms. :(

Check LMT. For Oct 27th the Embassy Suites is only $107. They also have the Renaissance for $118 and the Hyatt Pier 66 for $97 and the Crowne Plaza for $91. Can't beat these prices. Join the club.....it is $25 but then you get a $25 credit on your booking.

http://www.lastminutetravel.com

Isn't it usually free? Or did they stop that?

Isn't it usually free? Or did they stop that?

Lastminutetravel.com is free. But if you join LMTclub.com you need to pay. usually there is some kind of promo code bringing the rate down or free. The club sometimes gives different choices and drops the rates a few more dollars. As well as showing all the names and details of the hotels.

Lastminutetravel.com is free. But if you join LMTclub.com you need to pay. usually there is some kind of promo code bringing the rate down or free. The club sometimes gives different choices and drops the rates a few more dollars. As well as showing all the names and details of the hotels.

LMTC is free..they continue to offer free membership...I've had mine for over 4 years and have never been asked to at any point in time pay for their membership....not that I would ;) But have always gotten great service from them and they also have an easy cancellation policy. A couple of days after making the reservation with them I call the hotel and they have always had my reservation under my name...no problems at checkin/out either. I usually walk out of the Embassy Suites only with a bill for parking (yikes:eek:) have those fees gone up. I might have to try Hyatt Place next year.

While I'd like to stay at the Embassy, just because I'm familiar with it and the area. it's twice the price of these two. Any thoughts on which you would pick?

Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park (formerly Best Western Oakland Park Inn, 3001 North Federal Hgy $282 total for two nights) (they charge $6 each from airport and to cruiseport so add $24)or

Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport

1900 Stirling Rd($302 total two nights) (airport shuttle free, $10 to cruiseport each so add $20).

Both offer free breakfast and free wifi.

We are there two nights, so would like a mall, restaurant nearby. Both offer free cancellation.

While I'd like to stay at the Embassy, just because I'm familiar with it and the area. it's twice the price of these two. Any thoughts on which you would pick?

Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park (formerly Best Western Oakland Park Inn, 3001 North Federal Hgy $282 total for two nights) (they charge $6 each from airport and to cruiseport so add $24)or

Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport

1900 Stirling Rd($302 total two nights) (airport shuttle free, $10 to cruiseport each so add $20).

Both offer free breakfast and free wifi.

We are there two nights, so would like a mall, restaurant nearby. Both offer free cancellation.

You might also look at Cambria Suites in Dania Beach. Just south of the airport.

We stay at Embassy Suite on 17th Street when cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale. Not far from the airport and close to port. Embassy Suites website is showing an "Easy Cancellation" room offer for $149.00 per night plus tax for October 27th. You might want to check it out.

Jan

Don't know if it's the time of year (Oct for you, Apr for us) or US vs CAD prices, but for us Embassy Suites and Hyatt are $350 - $390 a night. I know a lot mention these but they're quite pricey.

If you are cruising with princess, check with them to get a price for Embassy Suites. We used them last Feb. and they were $50 cheaper than if booked ourselves. Plus it included transfers from airport and to the cruiseport. I usually like to book on my own, but it this case it saved us $100 for 2 nights pre cruise.

Claudia