1. 1. Do you buy a drink package?

• Ultimate
    • Premium
    • Select
    • Replenish
    • Refresh
    • à la carte
    • I don' buy one

On our last cruise we purchased the Premium for me, my wife and my son (we were celebrating his college graduation). For our under-21 daughter, she likes the Refreshment package. We found that it easily paid for itself and allowed us to try things from the drink menu that we normally would not try. On the cruise, I like to have a drink before dinner, wine with dinner, and we also liked the "shot of the day" as part of dessert. We have already added it to our reservation for our cruise on the Freedom next Summer.

I LOVE the "shot of the day" as well. How much are those up to now with the new pricing? Two cruises ago(before the packages) all six of us at the table bought them every night. The last cruise I was the only one who bought a package so I drank one every night for my dessert. I was not going to buy a package this time, but not sure I can give this up....LOL I am just now working the numbers to see if I should change my mind back and get the package. I at the most broke even last cruise, (maybe just a tad under, but only a few bucks) so with the price increases, maybe I better just do this. :rolleyes:

Replenish for me.

Between 2 OJs for breakfast, 3 Zero sodas, 2-3 bottles of sparkling water, 1 bottle of regular water, and coffee after dinner or maybe in the middle of the day and a fruity frozen concoction, I easily get my money's worth without too many calories. :D

Even as moderate drinkers, we have done the math and decided there is no way we would ever drink enough to make it worth it since we leave the ship on port days. Plus we don't drink soda at all. I do love fresh squeezed juice but I don't have to have it every day. And I do drink bottled water but mainly on excursions. I'll drink the water they serve in the MDR at breakfast and dinner.

If we ever go on a cruise for the ship only and don't plan to leave, I think that is the only way it would be worth it.

My DH and I aren't big drinkers but really enjoy the Replenish Package. If we decide we want alcoholic beverage we can either order a shot and pour it in or pay for it.

Between the Latte, Fresh OJ, Bottled Water (the size they give you I can easily drink 8 of those a day) and the Virgin Cocktails its real worth the value for us...

By the way, the poll left out the ever popular 'Rum-Runner' option.

Thought about adding it, but didn't want to encourage bad behavior. Maybe it is reflected in the "I don't buy one" responses.:)

Always buy the premium. For me it is perfect as I am a beer drinker. Totally worth it with the price of drinks. Plus I also get all my water and soda. I use points from my CC to pay for it so basically it is free. Makes it so easy. Buy it before we go, apply the points (not Royals worthless CC) and am set to go once on the ship.

I am still using up my points from my Royal CC and once they are all applied will cut them up. But have my new CC and once I buy a pkg will just redeem points for an auto credit on the card so it is free.

With the price of drinks, even though we are D+, it is worth it for me to get the pkg.

I am more of a premium package purchaser. I am a bit of a lush on vacation and i would rather not worry about the tab afterword. Also with the increase in the drink prices it seems to make it an easier decision even on port intensive cruises. Having the package also allows me to try different drinks that I wouldn't normally try when doing my drinking a la carte.

getting the ulimate for next cruise. going with my 2 best friend and I know we can drink. The woman are not getting package, said watching 3 (50 years old) boys somebody got to be sober. lol

Always buy the premium. For me it is perfect as I am a beer drinker. Totally worth it with the price of drinks. Plus I also get all my water and soda. I use points from my CC to pay for it so basically it is free. Makes it so easy. Buy it before we go, apply the points (not Royals worthless CC) and am set to go once on the ship.

I am still using up my points from my Royal CC and once they are all applied will cut them up. But have my new CC and once I buy a pkg will just redeem points for an auto credit on the card so it is free.

With the price of drinks, even though we are D+, it is worth it for me to get the pkg.

What credit card are you using?

Here is a web site that lists the prices of the Royal Caribbean drinks, if anyone is interested in doing the math to decide whether a package is worth it to you or not: http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/

Unfortunately, they have not updated the prices on that site. Here is a link to a post that has some current drink prices.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46877851&postcount=75

Some prices are much higher than those on the list.

If you spend the money associated with premium drink packages, you would be much better off on an all inclusive cruise. The food would be remarkably better too. I found it necessary to spend my money on the premium restaurants on the Quantum. The difference in the quality between the included restaurants and premium ones was remarkable. The service on all inclusive cruises i.e. Seabourn and Crystal is superlative, unlike RCI. When you factor in that all drinks are included, the quality of food is stellar, the service is unbelievable and every room is a suite, dollar wise you would do better on another line. They even give you two bottles for your room and if you do not like those there is room service which is available free of charge 24-7.

Here is a web site that lists the prices of the Royal Caribbean drinks, if anyone is interested in doing the math to decide whether a package is worth it to you or not: http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/

So it looks like it would take about 5 drinks per day to break even considering we buy the soda package.

I bought the Premium package on Oasis a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed not worrying about the cost of each drink or whether to get one or not. Dinner was the best because the waiter kept bringing my lemon drop martinis. I don't think I would have drank as much if I had to see the $14 bill each time. None of the waiters ever charged me for the virgin drinks I ordered for my son, though I never expected to get them for free. It was well worth it for me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are diamond and usually just get our glasses of wine (3) in the Diamond lounge before dinner. We drink 2-3 diet cokes each day, but prefer the cans. So, no drink packages for us. It would not make any financial sense.

These packages seem so confusing. When I went to my account to check on refreshment packages it lists the Ultimate package at $64.95, with a special that includes a complimentary Royal Refreshment package, an additional Coca Cola cup to share with a friend, and while supplies last a complimentary bottle of Summer Domaine Chandon. So the Ultimate package doesn't include the contents of the Royal Refreshment package ? Also, when I scroll to "more answers to questions about the Ultimate package another page says its $ 55. What ??? Gerry

I just priced all the beverage packages...here is what I found:

Royal refreshment pkg-$6.50 per person per day(basically soda and flavored water includes fountain soda cup)

Royal replenish-$22.42 per person per day(includes royal refreshment pkg and adds coffees, teas, bottled water, fresh squeezed orange juice, non alcoholic cocktails)

Select package-$41.30 per person per day(includes royal replenish and adds beer, wine and alcohol)

Premium package-$57.82 per person per day( includes select package and adds premium alcohols)

Ultimate package-$64.90 per person per day(includes premium and royal replenish packages and an addional soda cup to give to a friend....also if available bottle of champagne)

I think you also pay 18% gratuities on the total amount when purchased.